This could be a stretch...

hatton.5789

I love guildwars I really do however I think classes being able to wield all weapons with no restrictions would give players more variety as such,  or maybe even hybrid classes in the future like a elementalist/ mesmer or a paladin/ necromancer  being called something like a blightwarrior or something just to think outside box.  Guildwars 2 has been doing extremely well an with that being said it'll continue to prosper but new mechanics classes or races will keep it going in the long haul aside events ingame an such heck even changing up the combo system would be a start to keep things interesting. But honestly I would looove to see hybrid classes or just classes being able to use weapons they weren't able to use before you know? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 13

33 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Watch the Extra Life stream to hear the Devs comments on your suggestion(s):

9:00 - 11:00 AM: Guild Wars 1 gameplay and development stories

• Colin Johanson, Bobby Stein, Darrin Claypool

Don’t suppose there’s a quick summary of the comments?

• Like 1

I see why not , Warriors can be made into an Avengin Paladin , or necros into a Blight Warrior (2x singleswords -attacks gain freeze/damage or dots based on traits) or Windfurry Shaman (20% to deal devastating attacks -hopefully more in teamfights

(sniff missing shapeshift class , but most people wont play like Kit Engineer , snif) . Any new people opinion is welcomed 

Spoiler

we don't want to become like a sections on the forums that don't move at all...

About the combo system maybe :

The system choose a field (or random internally) to promote > people doing  combo > summon a minor phoinix/animal > more people> bigger  phoinix for a single attac .... or those poinix/animal instead of dps , it cc

Or auto attack have 100% to cast a lesser form of the spell/cc , or you get a  random boon with increase effect that you can spread to allies (on OW only, otherwise it will a "must" in instances)?

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

I feel like the latest specializations from End of Dragons has used something like this. Not sure if you've tried them already. Mechanist feels a little like a ranger, Willbender feels a little like Daredevil , etc. I think with the current system, this is as close as they can get to having dual classes like Guild Wars 1. 
I just have the feeling that a dual class system would be too complex and impossible to balance in the games current iteration. 

• Like 3

This is an enormous ask. First, the new weapon is part of the appeal of new elite specs, which is a significant part of expansions. Second, this would involve designing movesets, animating them, and balancing each combination for 3 games modes across the core class and each of it's 3 specializations. Taking Ranger as an example, that would be 10 new weapons with 24 new skills being needed. And that's just for one class. 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Obfuscate.6430 said:

I feel like the latest specializations from End of Dragons has used something like this. Not sure if you've tried them already. Mechanist feels a little like a ranger, Willbender feels a little like Daredevil , etc. I think with the current system, this is as close as they can get to having dual classes like Guild Wars 1. 
I just have the feeling that a dual class system would be too complex and impossible to balance in the games current iteration. 

This. Anet already gave us "hybrid classes."

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 3:47 PM, hatton.5789 said:

I love guildwars I really do however I think classes being able to wield all weapons with no restrictions would give players more variety as such,  or maybe even hybrid classes in the future like a elementalist/ mesmer or a paladin/ necromancer  being called something like a blightwarrior or something just to think outside box.  Guildwars 2 has been doing extremely well an with that being said it'll continue to prosper but new mechanics classes or races will keep it going in the long haul aside events ingame an such heck even changing up the combo system would be a start to keep things interesting. But honestly I would looove to see hybrid classes or just classes being able to use weapons they weren't able to use before you know? 

27 elite specs

90 non-elite traitlines

"Not enough variety" 😞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3