holo too offensive oppressive

arazoth.7290

IME Holosmith doesn't hit as hard as Willbender, or spam as much CC (the elite CC is awesome but it's also got a bigger animation than Death's Judgement). I'm not saying it sucks, but, like, it's weird to single it out as a problematic class when Holo hasn't been top dog since the Grenade Barrage nerf.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

I also share some concerns around the planned buffs to holo....

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/124282-what-will-be-the-impact-of-all-the-buffs-on-pvp-holo/#comment-1799152

There is a tipping point, where-by its burst leaves an opponent with a chance to mitigate and recover... vs. its basically a full delete against some classes that don't have the tools to survive it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

the offensive part of holo with their cc combined is too offensive oppressive, too much damage combined with cc which they can keep going if played right.

With upcoming stability nerfs this will become even more a threat and the engineer buffs to them.

What are the major stability nerfs?  Honestly it seemed to me a like a CC heavy meta already.... do they really want to remove more player agency by eliminating stability?  Most scrapper builds have zero stability as it is....

Edited by shion.2084

On 11/14/2022 at 4:17 AM, arazoth.7290 said:

the offensive part of holo with their cc combined is too offensive oppressive, too much damage combined with cc which they can keep going if played right.

With upcoming stability nerfs this will become even more a threat and the engineer buffs to them.

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content".
NO MORE BAN PLS.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Holo definitely overwhelming, they need nerf not buff.

Engineer has been meta since pof,  why should we make it the best nuker in the game now.

Edited by noneHotBuildTest.7251
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 11/14/2022 at 11:21 PM, shion.2084 said:

My other thought is.... do you think giving Holo more burst ability and damage with its CC is going to make entry to PvP more enticing for newcomers?

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content" or "Duplicate Posts"
NO MORE BAN PLS.

There have one class, they farm noob really hard, it's engineer, and holo is one of the best "bad player punishment" .

holo should not exist or every newcomers will no place on pvp.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content" or "Duplicate Posts"
NO MORE BAN PLS.

There have one class, they farm noob really hard, it's engineer, and holo is one of the best "bad player punishment" .

holo should not exist or every newcomers will no place on pvp.

An experienced holosmith farms bad players. A new/bad holosmith might as well kill themselves because of the overheat mechanic.

There are better classes to play if you want to "farm noobs".

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Support specs are not supposed to DPS on top! Every other support spec has been nerfed throughout and scrapper still gone top of them all.

1 hour ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Holo is too strong,  the best Duelist and DPS,  Duelist specs are not supposed to DPS on top! Every other Duelist spec has been nerfed throughout and holo still gone top of them all.

There is high effort, low effort and then there's NHBT.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Holo is too strong,  the best Duelist and DPS,  Duelist specs are not supposed to DPS on top! Every other Duelist spec has been nerfed throughout and holo still gone top of them all.

HO, holo got buff when it turn into red, Particle Accelerator got 0.1 k damage buff when you wear berserker gear......

You most have alien tech to cool you weapon, or you don't have enough heat to do damage.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Endorphin.9147 said:

sd drd thief does ok into that holo build actually

can confirm. Sword Daredevil shreds toolsholo, given the fact that you sliiightly outskill him. But just a tad. You dont have to be a god.

p/d core will shred toolsholo any day tho. Even if u are monke

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

can confirm. Sword Daredevil shreds toolsholo, given the fact that you sliiightly outskill him. But just a tad. You dont have to be a god.

p/d core will shred toolsholo any day tho. Even if u are monke

Yeah its funny, I think a big part is people are not used to fighting SD thief anymore, but it has a lot of the tools in its kit to kind of deny what the holo was good at doing vs shadow arts thief builds.  Do you run deadly arts like I do or acro?

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2022 at 6:50 AM, Endorphin.9147 said:

Yeah its funny, I think a big part is people are not used to fighting SD thief anymore, but it has a lot of the tools in its kit to kind of deny what the holo was good at doing vs shadow arts thief builds.  Do you run deadly arts like I do or acro?

You can whack holo by thief, but holo can farm other class hard with top tier mobility.

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...