If the devs want us to stay near the mech from now on, add a tag on the mech so we can see them

WipZedKay.5316

Leaving aside the discussion as to whether the radius is ridiculously small (it is, but still), before putting in this change they should first have improved the mech AI, provided better tools for controlling and positioning the mech and provided some customisation options so we can distinguish our mechs (size, colour, tag). And being able to see other mech radius circles, what's that all about? Why would anyone want to see this, it's just yet more pointless visual clutter in a game which is already rather notorious for visual clutter during combat.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

It'd be nice if there was a simple rubber band effect. As you move out of  the genius range, the mech simply follows you until it's back in range again. It can complete whatever it may be doing when you leave the range, but it shouldn't just plant itself and stay put until you command it to move. I mean, I see the counter argument on why it should, but as a QoL upgrade...the effect would be nice. 😄 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Djevel.5062 said:

It'd be nice if there was a simple rubber band effect. As you move out of  the genius range, the mech simply follows you until it's back in range again. It can complete whatever it may be doing when you leave the range, but it shouldn't just plant itself and stay put until you command it to move. I mean, I see the counter argument on why it should, but as a QoL upgrade...the effect would be nice. 😄 

Well, I have been rubber banding for years in games due to bad internet, so I am sure they could implement something similar with the mech.  🙂

• Haha 1

They said they wanted to reward players for positioning. But that should have happened in different way: Actually keeping the normal stats and giving a buff for positioning. Not "making positioning mandatory and punishing players that can't do it as intended by ArenaNet".

I wonder if it would not have been better to make a ... maybe 75 percent (not only half) of the normal stats as the base stats. And/or only affecting the ones where you have not traited. (This devalues the traits a bit where you chose some to get the mech taking a bigger stat increase based on the players stats.)

Trait to reduce the stat decrease on range ... would have been nice as well. I mean: I like to either play ranged engineer + melee mech (feels like a ranger with the pet tanking in melee) ... or the other way round. So both won't be in the same area (=spreading to avoid AoE maybe).

A stationary mode would have been fun as well. Make another icon near the f4 one ... to lock the mech into something turret-like. Increased range. Better stats. Bigger range for the signet active AoE circle. But a certain cooldown on the possibility to make it mobile again. That ... would make positioning interesting. (In PvP making it stronger on the capture circle - on the other hand ... a sitting duck then. In PvE we also have sometimes defensive events where this might be fun.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

another problem with this is that the default leash range is supposed to be balanced for what the pet can do so why is this new feature of the mech even in the game? If the mech is not supposed to move away from the mechanist in the first place then simply make it always ranged and always standing beside the mechanist.

As it stands, we are just inventing new problems as a solution to some other problem, which, by the way does not even fix the original problem people had with the mech anyway.

Furthermore, this disproportionally punishes people using the melee mech as the range mech does not move nearly as much making this change bad for literally everyone except the particular builds people complain about.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

Furthermore, this disproportionally punishes people using the melee mech as the range mech does not move nearly as much making this change bad for literally everyone except the particular builds people complain about.

I think the melee mech is easier to stay in range with since we're supposed to be in melee range anyway.