Antique Summoning Stones

Jason.3485

1 hour ago, xan.8936 said:

What's going on with the antique summoning stones yesterday they were only 3 and a half gold a piece!  No one making Gen 3 legys anymore?  Will they make a new sink for them I wonder?

They were not 3 and a half gold though?

And not much is going on with them, the price drop over time is expected.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, xan.8936 said:

What's going on with the antique summoning stones yesterday they were only 3 and a half gold a piece!  No one making Gen 3 legys anymore?  Will they make a new sink for them I wonder?

They were literally 4g and like 37s last time I checked. Blame youtubers for overhyping antique stones with their youtube vids that have been released over the past two weeks. Most notable name being MightyTeapot and a couple others.

• Like 3
  • Confused 9

9 hours ago, xan.8936 said:

What's going on with the antique summoning stones yesterday they were only 3 and a half gold a piece!  No one making Gen 3 legys anymore?

The prices can drop very steeply if a few players decided to dump their stash all at the same time (for whatever reason). Others noticed the price change and decided to dump theirs as well before the prices fall any further. Domino effects and panic-selling.

But the price will correct itself because players will always want to craft legendary weapons. I truly believe the price will stabilize around the 4.5g to 5g level.

Buy now and hoard them while the prices are low. You too can be a TP Baron when the prices go back up.

• Confused 1

In terms of suspicious activities with antique summoning stones there have been two incidents.

One occurred on August 10, 2022 and is still on going. There are 82 orders to buy a total of 16,901 stones at 2c each. Roughly half of the current demand is still fake.

A second one occurred on November 2, 2022 for a similar increase in demand. This has ended on  November 6, 2022.

However both of these are only aimed at other people who pay attention to things like buy and sell orders.

Summoning stones have been trending down in price with each weekly cycle for a while. Last week and this week's cycle have dropped more than usual. What caused that? Looks like a large increase in supply. In other weeks the supply increase something like 5%-15%. Between last week and this week the increase is closer to 30%. Last week to right now is around 50% increase(~9k -> ~14k).  In the same time period as the 50% supply increase the demand only decreased by around 4%.

1) As the game goes on there will be a natural decline as the supply increases
2) There is an inherent price floor 1.18 g so you can expect it to potentially reach that point, but never go below.

Personally, I have close to 500 A.S.S. sitting in my bank courtesy of my alt accounts. I'll be making lots of Gen 3's and none of the stones I'll be using will have been purchased from the TP.

One of the tags that runs EoD metas regularly makes Gen3's weekly, and they just buy the stones from the TP.  I think they also buy the ambergris from the TP as well. I suspect that the market for these two commodities will remain 'healthy' for a while, though there will eventually be some TP baron manipulation like there was with Mystic Coins.

16 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

In terms of suspicious activities with antique summoning stones there have been two incidents.

One occurred on August 10, 2022 and is still on going. There are 82 orders to buy a total of 16,901 stones at 2c each. Roughly half of the current demand is still fake.

A second one occurred on November 2, 2022 for a similar increase in demand. This has ended on  November 6, 2022.

However both of these are only aimed at other people who pay attention to things like buy and sell orders.

Summoning stones have been trending down in price with each weekly cycle for a while. Last week and this week's cycle have dropped more than usual. What caused that? Looks like a large increase in supply. In other weeks the supply increase something like 5%-15%. Between last week and this week the increase is closer to 30%. Last week to right now is around 50% increase(~9k -> ~14k).  In the same time period as the 50% supply increase the demand only decreased by around 4%.

Offering a rediculusly low price for an item is a good way to store excess gold.