Design Request: technology

Not everyone is a fan of the Canthan Jade Tech design. I am one of those who are not.

• How about we get a nice looking Rata Sum designed Jade Bot skin?
  • And an equally nice looking Rata Sum Golem skin for the Mech?

P.S. And for the love of it, please add a sound option to deactivate the Jade Bot Minis' annoying sounds. Thank you.
Β 

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 11

2 minutes ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

Selling cosmetics that can only be used by one class is not a great idea.

I disagree (obviously πŸ˜‰ ). That would be the same argument as saying, "Don't sell light armor" or "Don't sell a focus skin, because my characters can't use those."

2 minutes ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

Β Jade bots with an Asuran tech appearance is a fine idea.

πŸ‘

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 12

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

That would be the same argument as saying, "Don't sell light armor" or "Don't sell a focus skin, because my characters can't use those."

I said one class (and it's not even that - it's one elite spec) and you have quoted light armor, which applies to three classes (and in the past was accompanied with medium and heavy sets) and a weapon, which can be used by multiple classes.Β 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

I said one class (and it's not even that - it's one elite spec)

"I can't use this, so I am against it!" πŸ˜‚

Sorry, but that's a nonsense argument you delivered there. Only people with the EoD expansion can use Jade Bots, so they shouldn't be allowed to sell skins for those, either? Seriously, tons of Mech users would die for good looking Mech skins.
Β 

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 12

That is just a bad presentation of the idea. A general ability to have "skill skins" would be nice. That would encompass class specific things like golems, pets, minions, phantasms as well.

For example, how about a https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Kurzick_Juggernaut skin for https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rampage

A set of plant themed skins for necro minions. Get your own jungle wurm πŸ™‚

The other thing that should be implemented at the same time would be a "Show Default ability skins" option. If you don't like the garish looking skins people are inevitably going to use make the problem go away with a single click.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

Jade bots with an Asuran tech appearance is a fine idea.

This, all of this. From the moment we crash landed in Cantha, Asura must have been pulling all nighters to catch up with the new status quo. Retrofit some D-series and 7-series style bodies. They fit so much better in core Tyria. Get fancy with a MOX style skin. Anything to relieve the flood of jade.

E: meant to reply to Ashantara

Edited by Rumpus.1234
Quoted wrong post.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

55 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:
58 minutes ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

I said one class (and it's not even that - it's one elite spec)

"I can't use this, so I am against it!" πŸ˜‚

Sorry, but that's a nonsense argument you delivered there

"I want it therefore it's a good idea". See how easy it is to do that?

Seriously, tons of Mech users would die for good looking Mech skins.

Oh wait, that's exactly what you said, I can't even parody it.Β 

If you're going to make a bad analogy, don't point at other people as the ones being nonsensical.

The problem in selling cosmetics to one spec explicitly calls into question the balance of the class and how Anet would then have cause to make sure it over performs in order to sell more skins. If the company puts in effort to create a skin that can be used by 1 of 27 elite specs, they'd better be sure it's a popular class in order to generate enough ROI to be worth it. If every EoD spec had an aspect of their kit that Anet could monetize with cosmetics, I imagine that would be more likely to be well accepted by the community. I know Bladesworns want gunsabre skins as well, but specs like Harbinger, Untamed, Spectre, and Vindicator do not present obvious skin opportunities. If they could be reasonably made, then I'd support it, but again, this would be 9 different customizations for 9 different classes, as opposed to something like a light armor skin set, which is one customization for 3 classes.Β 

Only people with the EoD expansion can use Jade Bots

Every toon on account has access to the expansion content if the player owns the expansion, yes. If you think this equivalent to selling skins for one spec, then I think we're done here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Not everyone is a fan of the Canthan Jade Tech design. I am one of those who are not.

• How about we get a nice looking Rata Sum designed Jade Bot skin?
  • And an equally nice looking Rata Sum Golem skin for the Mech?

P.S. And for the love of it, please add a sound option to deactivate the Jade Bot Minis' annoying sounds. Thank you.
Β 

No thanksΒ 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I disagree (obviously πŸ˜‰ ). That would be the same argument as saying, "Don't sell light armor" or "Don't sell a focus skin, because my characters can't use those."

πŸ‘

There are three classes that use light armor, not just one. There are five classes that use scepter, not just one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

On principle I should be against this, but kitten am I tired of seeing the same mob of Jade mech clones (and let me re-iterate, I hardly ever use my mechanist, this isn't something I'd use). Go ahead and throw in two or three simple skins that are unique for the mechanists to use, the rest of us will just have to suck it up in order bring some variety to the mobs of mechs that seemingly are going to be the meta for some time to come.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I don’t mind if they add skins for them, but you do realize you open the door for other kinds of skins if they do? Shiny skins, fluffy cute skins, and other skins you may find more obnoxious then the existing one.
Β 

Since fashion is subjective, they will add several kinds to please different players taste. And they should do that. (If they do this)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

There are three classes that use light armor, not just one. There are five classes that use scepter, not just one.

So, one class is not fine, but two (when first weapon skins appeared in gemstore, shortbow, longbow and rifle were being used by only 2 classes each, and yet that didn't seem to be a problem at all) apparently are? That seems like a mightlily arbitrary breakpoint to me. Because as i see it, all the gemstore past history tells me is that it is perfectly fine if the visual options sold there are not usable by every character.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

16 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

So, one class is not fine, but two (when first weapon skins appeared in gemstore, shortbow, longbow and rifle were being used by only 2 classes each, and yet that didn't seem to be a problem at all) apparently are? That seems like a mightlily arbitrary breakpoint to me. Because as i see it, all the gemstore past history tells me is that it is perfectly fine if the visual options sold there are not usable by every character.

This.

I don't see why some people are so against the idea, since:

19 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

[...] but kitten am I tired of seeing the same mob of Jade mech clones [...]
[...] bring some variety to the mobs of mechs that seemingly are going to be the meta for some time to come.

Thank you, that's the idea! Even if you can't use them, you won't have to look at the same green, weirdly shaped mechs all the time. πŸ™‚

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

18 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

all the gemstore past history tells me is that it is perfectly fine if the visual options sold there are not usable by every character.

All weapons have skin opportunities. While a currently released skin may not be for your chosen weapon, the next one released could be. There is the possibility at the very least that you'll be able to use the next one. What happens after a mech skin gets sold? Another mech skin? What's on the horizon for any other elite spec? I said before, if they could reasonably monetize each EoD elite spec with their own cosmetics, I'd be all for it. But if they make skins specifically for one spec with no chance other classes are going to get anything in the future, I don't think it's going to be received well by the community.Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2