Did anyone actually get the Celebration Hat from Extra Life?

Virdo.1540

Yes, people did actually receive this hat.

They were first getting it in error (before the goal was officially reached) by being in Lion's Arch (or any main city) at the turn of the hour (any hour) the day after the official streams. Logging in was not enough; you had to be standing in the city at the turn of the hour, otherwise nothing would happen. Echoing others that you should contact support to get this sorted, especially if the other relevant achievements are ticked for you.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RedBaron.6058 said:

I did got the cap as soon as I entered Lions Arch after we reached the goal. Did you bought anything from the in-game shop?

Yes i did buy something extra life related. I even reached out via ticket to the support. They said they cant give me an time gated skin, but they are offering me a gem refund... for a charity item. This is freaking crazy. Is this really the way the support should handle that?

Welp, I guess my donation is for nothing
https://imgur.com/xMR5Lz2https://imgur.com/a/NjiEbnA

Honestly, it just doesn't makes sense. How would I know that I would need to stay in LA every hour just to get the hat? Shouldn't it be given automatically to everyone who donated after the goal's reached?

Edited by RamzaWolf.9084
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 11/16/2022 at 7:22 PM, Virdo.1540 said:

Yes i did buy something extra life related. I even reached out via ticket to the support. They said they cant give me an time gated skin, but they are offering me a gem refund... for a charity item. This is freaking crazy. Is this really the way the support should handle that?

That sounds like the person answering the support ticket has misunderstood how this works. I'd reply to them and explain that the condition to get the hat in time was to buy one of the Extra Life items, which you did, and not getting the hat is a bug, not a promo you missed the window for.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 12:34 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

That sounds like the person answering the support ticket has misunderstood how this works. I'd reply to them and explain that the condition to get the hat in time was to buy one of the Extra Life items, which you did, and not getting the hat is a bug, not a promo you missed the window for.

I did, but they say "they cant give achievement rewards which are timegated".

19 hours ago, RamzaWolf.9084 said:

If you look into the screen shot link that I've posted, even the support mentions "awarded to eligible players in Lion's Arch every hour", honestly I don't see that text anywhere until it's too late to know.

I was not in lions arch more then maybe a couple times during all this. I got the hat 🤷🏼‍♀️