Hmm,... Weapon swap eh?

Slyven.8637

I was curious, since most kits are so weakened and you just use like the F-key, and since the "new" weapon is melee, Would having the ability to swap weapons be excessive?The sword does alot of damage, but is limited, Seems the forge should be, "since we can't swap weapons" be reflected to what weapons we have equipped, Pistol dps is a solid joke,The mortar......... a travesty, outside of the 3 & 5 skills the rifle is like carrying a BB gun. The sword is a great way to die, not enough sustain. Best holosmith survival I've worked with had explosives and elixers, You basically rolled around like a drunk armadillo. But the constant dodging is what keeps you alive and dropping mines does the damage. Just that fighting style is very, very exhausting. So I log on to my scourge, heh, does the job 10 times better with a fraction of the effort.............. Ahh here I go again dissing the Yolosmith...

I hope it will never happen. I wish to see changes made to the engineer, even a big rework on how the toolbelt or kit work. But adding weapon swap would be the ultimate surrender from the devs. There are 7 other classes able to swap weapons, the fact that we rely on something else is what makes us so unique, please don't change that o_o

@RedSPINE.7845 said:I hope it will never happen. I wish to see changes made to the engineer, even a big rework on how the toolbelt or kit work. But adding weapon swap would be the ultimate surrender from the devs. There are 7 other classes able to swap weapons, the fact that we rely on something else is what makes us so unique, please don't change that o_o

Fully agree. Weapon swap is for non engies.

@Ardid.7203 said:

@RedSPINE.7845 said:I hope it will never happen. I wish to see changes made to the engineer, even a big rework on how the toolbelt or kit work. But adding weapon swap would be the ultimate surrender from the devs. There are 7 other classes able to swap weapons, the fact that we rely on something else is what makes us so unique, please don't change that o_o

Fully agree. Weapon swap is for non engies.

And non eles.

I suposse it is true, but Eles have already sooooooooooooooo many weapon skills now that giving them weapon swap don't really changes anything anymore.

On the contrary, I have always been opposed to the weapon swap on Rev. IMO it is just a cheap patch they put in the profession so they didn't have to answer the real problems with its mechanics: more basic wapons, with ranged and melee skills each, extra skills per legend you have to choose from to add diversity, a set of core "no-legend-dependant" skills to add a basic safety cushion for builds, and a hard separation between energy cost and CD cost for each skill.

Archived