Continuity in Central Tyria maps after Season 1 changes.

Azureus.5428

2 minutes ago, Azureus.5428 said:

Do you understand that the population argument was not something I brought into this discussion, as I only care about the storyline being coherent? 

It already is coherent.

And no, you didn't:

12 hours ago, Azureus.5428 said:

then some may be quiet zones, with just a few souls who can try soloing low level champions without somebody cutting in and turning the thing into another mindless button smash.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

dont care tbh.

actually i dont want arenanet to work on the old content now any further.

also i dont want them to rework any "new player experience" anymore again and again.

they shall continue with new content, season 6, next xpack, instanced content, pvp, wvw, items, skins, loot.

how much time shall they lose by always reroll core tyria?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roederich.2716 said:

dont care tbh.

actually i dont want arenanet to work on the old content now any further.

also i dont want them to rework any "new player experience" anymore again and again.

they shall continue with new content, season 6, next xpack, instanced content, pvp, wvw, items, skins, loot.

how much time shall they lose by always reroll core tyria?

Well, new players are basically who are going to maintain the game in the future, with the older players slowly crumbling away, so their experience is pretty much what matters.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Azureus.5428 said:

How? How is fighting Mordrem with Mordremorth sleeping and fending off Toxic Alliance, when it wasn't even a thing yet, anything remotely resembling coherence?

If it's not coherent then how do you -and everyone else- understand what is happening there? 🤔

Well, new players are basically who are going to maintain the game in the future, with the older players slowly crumbling away, so their experience is pretty much what matters.

And yet your argument in this thread was that 2-3 people is too many for a boss there 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Azureus.5428 said:

sorry but this is a dream with the "new players are our future"

pvp and pve scene have dimmed out already. in wvw are still some left who try to keep the flame burning.

i dont think any new player will decide to keep playing or to leave because he comes across some modrem cause the new player doesnt even know what these creatures are or what lore they belong to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roederich.2716 said:

sorry but this is a dream with the "new players are our future"

pvp and pve scene have dimmed out already. in wvw are still some left who try to keep the flame burning.

i dont think any new player will decide to keep playing or to leave because he comes across some modrem cause the new player doesnt even know what these creatures are or what lore they belong to.

Yeah, but when they do find out, they're going to tell their friends that the game is cool, but half-baked when it comes to continuity and well, that's a few role-playing people we're going to lose. And, frankly, that's the people I need in MMORPGs, because running around and pewpewing monsters is so very much pointless without this tiny dash of playful imagination.

• Confused 2

Just now, Azureus.5428 said:

Yeah, but when they do find out, they're going to tell their friends that the game is cool, but half-baked when it comes to continuity and well, that's a few role-playing people we're going to lose. And, frankly, that's the people I need in MMORPGs, because running around and pewpewing monsters is so very much pointless without this tiny dash of playful imagination.

nope. nobody will tell their friend "this game is uncool cause i saw some monsters which belong in the next story step".

nobody will notice this. in mmo players value a game by its fight and movement system. is the game smooth to play and got its story highlights and nice items they like it. nobody will judge by some trashmobs along the way.

roleplaying is long dead in this game. there are no groups in lfg ever anymore and you never see people roleplaying in the field like you did years ago.

this game is of diablo type 11111 - loot - 11111- loot - kill for progression, kill for loot, kill for achievements and legendary craft - type players.

all other scenes have come to end or are in the wvw case shortly before dimming out.

• Like 2

Just now, roederich.2716 said:

nope. nobody will tell their friend "this game is uncool cause i saw some monsters which belong in the next story step".

nobody will notice this. in mmo players value a game by its fight and movement system. is the game smooth to play and got its story highlights and nice items they like it. nobody will judge by some trashmobs along the way.

roleplaying is long dead in this game. there are no groups in lfg ever anymore and you never see people roleplaying in the field like you did years ago.

this game is of diablo type 11111 - loot - 11111- loot - kill for progression, kill for loot, kill for achievements and legendary craft - type players.

all other scenes have come to end or are in the wvw case shortly before dimming out.

You might've just started my departure after 10 years of playing and a truckload of money poured into the thing, because if this is what this world has been reduced to, I'd feel dirty to walk among this.

• Confused 3

You might've just started my departure after 10 years of playing and a truckload of money poured into the thing, because if this is what this world has been reduced to, I'd feel dirty to walk among this.

ok. then "feel dirty" cause of the reality of what happens in this computer game.

when i see how much you denial and now even "feel dirty" better take a break. take care for yourself man, relax and enjoy real life for some time. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, roederich.2716 said:

Yup, the scenario he made up there is pretty ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Azureus.5428 said:

Sure.

The conclusion is: turning the maps into story-dependant instances would have no significant influence on the population densities, because of the megaserver, so nobody has provided a single working argument against the idea.

What would happen is that all the ascended-clad, overly powerful veterans would smash things in their own instances, leaving the noobs to actually learning how to play the game.

So what about people and their alts?  Are they going to have to clear the story in order to play with everyone else?

2 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

So what about people and their alts?  Are they going to have to clear the story in order to play with everyone else?

I suppose that if you're eager and just don't care about how the story works, then 'join a friend in instance' could easily override the system, maybe with a warning monit of some kind.

• Confused 4