Question, albeit maybe a stupid one but meh. Skyscales...???

Joxer.6024

Ok, this may not be the right "area" to post this but oh well, here I go.

Have Skyscales gotten easier to obtain? I ask as a player who left like 5yrs ago and have returned but i was under the impression that it was quite an ordeal to get one. Yet...I see ALOT of what I would call new players, aka running Hp's with no clue as to the layout of HOT, very low AP, etc. But like over 3/4 of them are on Skyscales...while my poor butt is bouncing along on my bunny. Now the eye kitten is one thing but no, I am not jealous, just curious as to if I missed something here and they are indeed easier to get. If so please point me to the YouTube or whatever as I would be keen. 

Skyscale isn't particularly difficult, just time consuming. But there were a couple of changes that reduced the time a bit. The "Return to Dragon" achievements give 250 of each of the map currencies you need for Skyscale, which removes the need to farm them. And I believe the time gates for the skyscale hatching/growing were reduced from days to hours. Still, if you look at what you need to do to get it, it's a long list, but nothing on it is particularly challenging.

• Thanks 1

I just finished the Ice Brood Saga (best LW story so far btw) to unlock the masteries there and I was like, sure why not?

so, I started playing the LW4 to start getting the things you need to unlock this thing then I was like "wait, I still need to worry about the exp to unlock the masteries which is always boring as hell so playing the whole LW4 in sequence is gonna be a waste of time and exp so better finish the chapters I need to unlock this thing first but then I realized you can't unlock this thing unless you have things from all the LW4 maps so I need to waste a lot of time and exp to get the things to unlock this thing then I have to spent even more time doing literally the same things to earn the exp needed to unlock all the masteries for this thing..."

TL;DR
nope, no thank you, hard pass. I'll stick with the bunny.

wrong sub-forum, btw.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Joxer.6024 said:

Ok, this may not be the right "area" to post this but oh well, here I go.

Have Skyscales gotten easier to obtain? I ask as a player who left like 5yrs ago and have returned but i was under the impression that it was quite an ordeal to get one. Yet...I see ALOT of what I would call new players, aka running Hp's with no clue as to the layout of HOT, very low AP, etc. But like over 3/4 of them are on Skyscales...while my poor butt is bouncing along on my bunny. Now the eye kitten is one thing but no, I am not jealous, just curious as to if I missed something here and they are indeed easier to get. If so please point me to the YouTube or whatever as I would be keen. 

Yes they got. At least getting living world season currencies for it is a joke. Well you can straight up skip farming any currencies just by doing legendary amulet, or you can just just farm those with ibs strike mission's currency + chest farm at bjora marches. Time gated stuff is still there tho but its not as bad in comparison to aurora collections with its 10x worse time gating.

Edited by soul.9651