Vindicator underwater evade

Narwakle.1276

The way that the recent changes to the evade have been applied underwater is awkward. While the heal and boon grandmaster traits were reduced to a .75s and 1.5s long channel respectively, the damage one was given a huge 2.5s channel. It isn't fun to use, especially since the evade ends before the channel even starts. If I want to keep the damage buff up with no downtime I have to spend a quarter of its duration channeling another one, which I might have to restart if an attack interrupts or forces me to evade again.
I know there isn't enough underwater content for it to be relevant, but for the same reason it doesn't make sense for the damage grandmaster to have such a big tradeoff.
It feels better to just not evade at all, even though that means losing out on a 25% damage buff, between Forerunner of Death and Leviathan Strength.

plz change

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

18 hours ago, Narwakle.1276 said:

The way that the recent changes to the evade have been applied underwater is awkward. While the heal and boon grandmaster traits were reduced to a .75s and 1.5s long channel respectively, the damage one was given a huge 2.5s channel. It isn't fun to use, especially since the evade ends before the channel even starts. If I want to keep the damage buff up with no downtime I have to spend a quarter of its duration channeling another one, which I might have to restart if an attack interrupts or forces me to evade again.
I know there isn't enough underwater content for it to be relevant, but for the same reason it doesn't make sense for the damage grandmaster to have such a big tradeoff.
It feels better to just not evade at all, even though that means losing out on a 25% damage buff, between Forerunner of Death and Leviathan Strength.

plz change

Congrats on saying something I couldn't be bothered to. It feels so horrible to use and is clumsy in the fights you need it; like the Aquatic Ruins fractal with its interrupt spam funtimes...

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Seventh Ranger.3968 said:

This post right here. Underwater combat is practically impossible on a Vindicator right now. I reported it as a bug cuz I thought it was a mistake. It definitely feels like one big mistake, that's for sure. X'D

I thought it was a mistake too until I noticed the three grandmasters have different channel times. Might be still, I don't recall whether that was true on land before the change. Let alone underwater lol
So it's possible it was an oversight. I kinda hope so tbh xD

• Thanks 1