Do you want more naked skin and booba armors?

Do you want more naked skin and booba armors?  

298 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want more naked skin and booba armors?

• Yes
    • No

On 11/20/2022 at 8:13 AM, kharmin.7683 said:

Maybe there are actual women who play GW2 who would prefer this.

I do have female friends who like playing male characters exclusively and wear revealing armor. Especially in FFXIV where so many options exist. 

But certainly guys do too for various reasons whether it's lust, coolness or comfort. Men don't even fight IRL with shirts on cuz shirts are annoying in battle; moving in a giant trenchcoat looks painfully uncomfortable. Plus; gotta show off how well you've trained~ muscles are cool, strength is beautiful. Muscles can intimidate enemies in battle when they can visibly see your body's strength as well as inspire allies.

Also one of the strongest Elden Ring players rite nao fights confidently naked with a pot on his head. XD He has saved thousands of lives so far. Less weight = more speed so just don't get hit and you wont need armor. My Thief feels faster in Savage Scale and when he goes squish in one hit, which he will, it makes more sense, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Wolfshade.9251 said:

Nah. I'm into the game for immersion. Seeing the ERP crowd cosplaying as battle-strippers in every squad I join kinda ruins that for me.

Emersion is kind of out the window when someone with 10 infusions walks buy and sends me to the optometrist. But I understand your concern. 

Edited by solemace.8427
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Wolfshade.9251 said:

Nah. I'm into the game for immersion. Seeing the ERP crowd cosplaying as battle-strippers in every squad I join kinda ruins that for me.

How has your immersion survived the walking talking christmas tree and surfboards disguised as swords meta?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

On 11/21/2022 at 12:00 AM, Astralporing.1957 said:

There are some non-revealing armor choices for women, indeed, but the ratio is much lower compared to male armor sets. That's what i am talking about. It's a result of a lot of armor sets having massive difference between male and female versions. The only category where there's more parity is medium, but that's primarily due to it overwhelmingly consisting of trenchcoats. Personally, i'd be for Anet to do a pass on all sets where female version is revealing while male is not, and introduce "mirror" versions of those, with revealing male version and non-revealing female one. And for all future armor sets, i'd like the "revealness" state for both sexes to be the same, so it is equally (non) revealing for both males and females. This last armor that started this thread is a great example of it, btw.

This. Thiiiiiiis. While there's naturally going to be some difference between the male and female version of a particular outfit, it's so frustrating when you see a set that would be perfect for a given character, but the character in question is the opposite gender and the version for your character's actual gender has a completely different vibe.

• Like 7

They should design new cultural sets really - clothing specially designed to suit the bodies of each race just seems to naturally show more off. I would love clothing that was designed to display Norn tattoos, or Sylvari glow or Charr abs (have you SEEN those things?!) Or Asura ...ears and toes. Humans have a lot of options but more couldn't hurt. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

How has your immersion survived the walking talking christmas tree and surfboards disguised as swords meta?

I hate those just as much, if not more. No style, no taste, just a pathetic display of wealth, which was probably acquired by swiping mummy's credit card anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Just removing armor weight classes would open up a ton of options 🤷‍♂️ I tend towards heavy armor looks so I vote no but I truly don't care at the end of the day.

You do know that'll never happen, not with the prohibitive amount of work they'd have to do to make the jigsaw pieces fit different puzzles.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

In the meantime: World of Warcraft Dragonflight gets released soon with the new Dractyhr race. Can we have more beasty armors like these for our Charr characters? 

WoW is kitten, though. Although, I guess we can rip them off, since they've ripped this game off.

• Like 1

Yes to more skin, many armors feel like they're constricting for no reason, but no to "booba". The amount of boob plate and static-cling "boob sock" fabric in this game is already a bit much.

On top of this you're already forced to have C+ cup bazingas on pretty much every race except Charr and Asura, and the minimum size on Norn is D+. One of the reasons I was considering buy the new Savage Scale chestplate is that it gives you a more realistic breast size.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

The Spartans were famous for fighting naked. 
As for the SS Loincloth:
During much of history if you weren't on a horse then you didn't bother with leg armor.  Some horsemen still didn't bother with leg armor.
A great many fellows didn't armor their thighs, there has been speculation about greater mobility or ventilation for overheating.

Some of the moderately wealthy did decide to wear shin guards that went up just past the knee.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Yes to more skin, many armors feel like they're constricting for no reason, but no to "booba". The amount of boob plate and static-cling "boob sock" fabric in this game is already a bit much.

On top of this you're already forced to have C+ cup bazingas on pretty much every race except Charr and Asura, and the minimum size on Norn is D+. One of the reasons I was considering buy the new Savage Scale chestplate is that it gives you a more realistic breast size.

The slimmest sylvari model is pretty flat chested. I don't have a screenshot which shows it online and I'm not on my computer to take one, but even wearing tops which emphasise her breasts it's more like they're outlining the space, from the side there's still very little to them.

It's been a long time since I made a female human or norn character, so I don't remember the options for them. I mainly know about the sylvari one because that's the model I picked for my elementalist. (Who oddly enough is the one who wears the least clothes.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Those measures aren't exactly unrealistic, are they? Certainly rare unless artificially magnified, but, considering the lack of gravitational pull - at least 'till one of the overenthusiastic animations kicks in - affecting the breasts, they seem to be outright fake in every aspect.
Or remarkably well chosen for by natural selection.
Still, although I can't speak from personal experience, carrying around objects so large and so loosely tied to the body sounds like a literal burden.
The world as is, it might be a power fantasy especially for generously-bossom'd women to be able to do all the virtual acrobatics like not having chronic back pain or being seen as "boobs first, person later" everywhere they go. No need to also deny their existence altogether.

5 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

The Spartans were famous for fighting naked. 
As for the SS Loincloth:
During much of history if you weren't on a horse then you didn't bother with leg armor.  Some horsemen still didn't bother with leg armor.
A great many fellows didn't armor their thighs, there has been speculation about greater mobility or ventilation for overheating.

Some of the moderately wealthy did decide to wear shin guards that went up just past the knee.

"Didn't bother" is a bit of a loaded term here, because each of these instances had its own nuance, mostly cost, because actual plates were expensive as all hell.
Most people throughout most of history, on the other hand, had very little spare funds to afford proper gear, even when metallurgy got advanced enough to make armor widely available.
Another thing is that most people weren't mages, archers, or sporting stealth and superspeed on trap uses. Instead, almost everybody who could would bring a shield, because the defensive capabilities of hand-held walls are so imba that they're still used in the age of lead bees, and I also recall reading or listening about formations of professional soldiers not wearing pants on purpose thanks to their shield formations - Romans easily come to mind.
And, to top it off, wearing even simple pants is preferred against random stuff nature throws our way, cloth has surprisingly decent defensive capabilities depending on how many layers are stacked on top of each other and in what way, and there's no debate about mobility, when as heavy armor as full plate allowed for impressive gymnastics.

Ventilation in clothes usually sucks, though, that much is true.
Yet, better hot than not-at-all, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1