Tired of Charr's animations

AkantorCZ.8952

Hi,

I'm returning player and I love to play my ranger with sword and warhorn. There were some great changes to weapon skills that I really appreciate!

However and I'm sorry to say that but I can't stand default sword attack animations on a female charr. I know it's fanasy game with barely any realism but still why my character has to almost fully unfurl arms to be able to attack with the sword? As someone who practice with the sword it really is pain to watch. I'm ok with other moves or with fancy spinning attacks of the greatsword because none of these looks like if the arm is disconnected from the body.

Anyway mistakes like these are unfortunately very common in video games and I don't want to blame anyone. GW2 actually have pretty good animations in many regards. Saying that it can take immersion away.

I actually kind of liked the first animation with the jumping spinning kick. Not sure why AN decided to change it. My guess is that the balance of the game required characters to freely move while attacking with melee weapon and that's reason why bottom of the body looks disconnected from the top. I would rather prefer the other approach with the range or melee attack animation commitment that holds you on place during a cast time because it would make the whole experience more immersive and believable. But what can I say at this point...

Anyway is there any race where ranger's sword and warhorn animations looks decent?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I've found this video.  Honestly it seems to be the same for all races - sword is more often behind the back than in front of the character. Reminds me of https://raymanpc.com/wiki/script-en/images/f/f3/Rayman_punching.gif 😄

I guess it could be worse like for example sword and shield 😄 It seems that the shield is there to scratch your back or something. It's probably the same animation for all off-hands.

Honestly I feel like having another break from the game already.

Edited by AkantorCZ.8952
  • Haha 1