Please make black catmander icons

Wonderly.1324

Cats come in a diversity of colors and we have white catmanders, yellow catmanders, orange catmanders, etc. but no black catmanders. I strongly feel that the black cats out there deserve representation as well and would very much like for there to be a black catmander tag option.
Plus from a pragmatic standpoint a black tag would be much more visible (than say a green tag) on encounters like Slothasor and having the darkest option would create optimum contrast and vsibility for any encounters with lighter environments. That would help in accessibility for those who have color vision deficiencies, which all cats are (compared to humans).

... ... .. .
...it may sound like a silly request, but it really would mean a lot to me to have a black catmander tag. I had a precious black cat named Lucky, who had been with me since he was a kitten. Lucky was always with me, whether he was napping by my side while I was adventuring in Tyria, or in my IRL adventures too- we've been on many adventures together like camping, backpacking up snowy mountains, hiking through waterfalls and jungles, and touring many cities (and their aquariums!) Lucky liked to chill on my shoulders when we went out, was trained to use the toilet on our adventures (so no need for kitty litter), and slept under my covers every night.
On New Year's Eve last year, Lucky died of a congenital heart disease. Despite sparing no expenses on vet visits and staying up all night studying medical textbooks on cardiology, I couldn't save him. At first I tried to push through the grief, but eventually I drove myself to the ground. I was so devastated that my life became a wreck. I stopped working out, postponed my boards exam, and became completely withdrawn socially.
Overwhelmed with anguish, I retreated to escapism through gaming. Life can seem so cruel and random, but I had always found the stories and worlds inside of games to be comforting- defeat small monsters and gain experience, level up and challenge the boss to save the princess. And if you die, you can always try again from the last save point. But months of dulling the pain through escapism didn't change how sad and empty I felt inside. But though it was still difficult for me to reach out to my friends and old adventuring buddies in person, I eventually made new friends in GW2. We progressed towards our endgame goals together, and I learned that many of my new friends had feline friends of their own. In sharing our love for our cats with each other, I gained a sense of comfort and closure, as if I was able to honor the signifgance of Lucky's life and memories in some way. Perhaps I'm being selfish, but I really would like to remember Lucky as much as possible, even if it is just through a catmander tag.

• Like 12
  • Confused 7

11 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It does seem a missed opportunity not to sell other tag types on the gemstore (applicable only if you have the tag already). It seems something quick to design, which would attract decent sales

Dogmander/pugmander/corgimander etc 

Bearmander

Moamander

Dinomander

Rainbowmander

Batmander.  😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It does seem a missed opportunity not to sell other tag types on the gemstore (applicable only if you have the tag already). It seems something quick to design, which would attract decent sales

Bearmander

Moamander

Dinomander

Rainbowmander

I want a Confusedmander with dizzy spiral icon for "follow at your own risk" type of commanding and I might command more.

2 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

I'd just appreciate it if it remembered what icon and colour I've chosen for each of my characters rather than having to assign it anew every time I tag up (yes, I know it saves it if you turn it off then on again, but I mean for it to persist through character sign-outs).

I know exactly of the issue you're talking about. Apparently that's only a problem with core commander tags. The catmander tags save colors.

12 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

That doesn't sound the the best idea for ANY commander tag, I feel like such a tag wouldn't stand out enough on the map.

17 hours ago, Lottie.5370 said:

Not necessarily against it, but worry that it might be hard to see? Quite a lot of maps are already quite dark.

13 hours ago, Obfuscate.6430 said:

This is what I thought. But they'd probably put a bright outline around it to make it more visible. 

The same falty arguement could be made of the white commander tag. What matters is contrast. In dark maps or dark settings, the white tag will show up well and a black tag would be hard to see. In lighter maps or lighter settings the black tag would show up best and the white tag would be barely visable.

I'm not asking for all other colors to be removed, I'm asking for another option. If you have an issue with it, you can always use something else.

• Confused 2

15 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Bearmander

Moamander

Dinomander

Rainbowmander

I'm all for it. I love supporting Anet through the gemstore for cosmetic options.

• Confused 1