Fix Mech before nerfing always !!

Yellow Rainbow.6142

12 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It's not really about AI, it's about the player controlling the mech and being aware of its position. That's what's being rewarded with this change. As I already wrote in the prevuous post/s, I am talking from my experience and keeping mech close isn't somehow a huge issue, opposed to what you're saying here.

Meanwhile, your idea of "just give the mech its dps no matter what" still doesn't change anything about the gameaplay being more active, it only opens door to what I said it does. Why are you consistently avoiding acknowledging this?

Whose strawmanning now ?

I never said just give mech dps no matter what. I said if the goal of the changes is to promote active gameplay which seems to be what Anet wants and what the vocal cry-bullies complain about is there's better ways to do so than actively punishing players for the games bad AI. If you want people to micromanage the Bot then give them the proper tools. Else if it's solely about increasing active gameplay as seems to be the case go another route as there's plenty of other elegant solutions (of which you've offered 0) to chose from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, TexZero.7910 said:

Whose strawmanning now ?

Still you?

1 hour ago, TexZero.7910 said:

I never said just give mech dps no matter what.

Riiight:

On 11/27/2022 at 1:59 PM, TexZero.7910 said:

Then you could actually shift the power away from passive stat gain entirely by adding it back to each skill and having those actually have impact

This is totally not just giving more power to mech no matter what 🙄

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, TexZero.7910 said:

It's not as you're selectively editing.

Nothing there changes context of the quoted sentence, but nice try indeed. "when mech uses skill, it gets bonus power irrelevant of what the player builds" is totally not "giving mech power no matter what", right? 🤦‍♂️ Not sure what you're trying to pretend here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nothing there changes context of the quoted sentence, but nice try indeed. "when mech uses skill, it gets bonus power irrelevant of what the player builds" is totally not "giving mech power no matter what", right? 🤦‍♂️ Not sure what you're trying to pretend here.

It's not. Or do you somehow magically think that ignoring the first part of that was optional.

You must be thinking that this somehow still includes auto casting or that the mech is somehow a sentient creature.

At this point i'm convinced you're just intentionally biased and have nothing of merrit to add. Have a nice day while you continue to actively dismiss any ideas since that seems to be your only way to contribute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, TexZero.7910 said:

It's not. Or do you somehow magically think that ignoring the first part of that was optional.

You must be thinking that this somehow still includes auto casting or that the mech is somehow a sentient creature.

First part? This is the begininng of the quoted post:

On 11/27/2022 at 1:59 PM, TexZero.7910 said:

I mean you could do simple things like starting by removing auto-cast skills from pets.

Then you could actually shift the power away from passive stat gain entirely by adding it back to each skill and having those actually have impact.

And yes, this is still giving mech more power no matter what.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, TexZero.7910 said:

It's hilarious that you can't read that also came with actually balancing the mech stats.

Hurr durr.

Clicking a skill manually in no way negates the "giving mech power no matter what" part, what are you still on about? 🤦‍♂️ In what way would that not be giving mech power no matter what? Is there any way you'd be unable to cast a skill off cooldown or miss it? No? Exactly, so it is giving mech power no matter what, including having the player build tankier.

At this point, make the passive trigger faster, try to squash the mech zooming issue (which still isn't even close to being as bad as some people try to claim) and that's it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6