Mechanist is currently destroying the Raid/Strike. Please consider nerf it ASAP.

Support mechanist is just as better version of Firebrand in groups, firebrand have heal but they don't provide ungodly levels of barrier.

Bunker mechanist can EASILY tank Raid bosses. It should not be able to generate enmity at all.

DPS mechanist is doing top DPS. The skill floor on this class is extremely low, probably the lowest in the entire game.

You can do ~25k DPS while literally AFK only auto-attacking.

So, there is a problem with Mechanist. No build in the game should trivialize content with so little effort. 
It's astounding to me that anyone would defend what this spec is capable of. 

• Thanks 7
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 12

I wise man once said:

On 11/18/2022 at 1:58 PM, Sahne.6950 said:

Another day, another Videodump from NHBT, where he posts videos from 5 balancepatches ago, to justify a nerf.

Allisvain.

That was a few days ago in the very same section of this forum about the very same topic. Could have just continued that very same topic. But no... it's easier to get attention like this.
These topics are getting as boring as it is to play mech...

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

I wise man once said:

That was a few days ago in the very same section of this forum about the very same topic. Could have just continued that very same topic. But no... it's easier to get attention like this.
These topics are getting as boring as it is to play mech...

You most be newcomer on forum, It's not the first time, nor will it be the last.

I don't like play mech coz it's super boring to play it.

But it's not OP, 10~15 apm got 37k dps has no issue.

Edited by freakcoco.4287
  • Like 1

Quite the opposite.

Mechanist isn't what destroying raid/strike, the skill gap in this game is. Which is why the class exist in the game in the first place.

It just shows how desperately helpless it has become in the casual playerbase that the balance team has to revert into brain-dead class for them to have a chance to take a dive into end-game contents.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nash.2681 said:

And yet there are people thinking I am the greatest Mech hater on earth, haha.

You wish, I'm not giving up my top mech-hater spot that easily 😏

Think about it this way, if enough of us hate them and kick them all out of groups on sight, soon they'll learn to play a proper class.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Wolfshade.9251 said:

You wish, I'm not giving up my top mech-hater spot that easily 😏

Think about it this way, if enough of us hate them and kick them all out of groups on sight, soon they'll learn to play a proper class.

While I'm all for "know mechs & no mechs" lfgs, I doubt the later will happen, the damage is already done. We'll rather see an exponentional rise of "buff mech plx!!111" threads. 

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, chris.9142 said:

many many builds can do better damage then mech

what you should be asking anet to do is simplify other builds you shount need at 16 button combo that you have to time skills within half a second to get great dps

Yes, many builds can do better damage than mech. Yet mech can still achieve ridicoulus numbers compared to player investment, has almost zero dps downtime and on top of that, can still fart boons constantly like there's no tomorrow.

Following the "don't nerf mech, bring other classes on mech level" logic would turn the game into a mobile-game like afk farm simulator. This may be attractive for some, but I still hope that's highly undesirable for most players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nash.2681 said:

Yes, many builds can do better damage than mech. Yet mech can still achieve ridicoulus numbers compared to player investment, has almost zero dps downtime and on top of that, can still fart boons constantly like there's no tomorrow.

You can kinda do such things on Vindicator, Herald and Virtuoso as well btw.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

You can kinda do such things on Vindicator, Herald and Virtuoso as well btw.

To a certain extend- yes. However, Vindicator needs to be in melee range = way more dps downtime. Also the boon support is close to 0. Herald, while still being easy to play still requires at least the presence of the player and apm above sloth level, also needs to be in meele. Virtuoso shares the dps uptime benefit, yet requires apm above sloth level and also lacks the boon farting.

So yes, all three are in the LI boat and one can surely debate wether they're overtuned to a certain degree and need adjustment, but imo they're nowhere close to Mechanist level.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chris.9142 said:

many many builds can do better damage then mech

Yeah they sure do.... against a golem that does not move out from your skills nor its trying to kill you, or has an AOE that kills meele in range and they need to move out of it or dodge it, be it  boss mechanich or simple Red Dot 🙂. So many of you guys just see "Benchmark" and think Ok this is the game.

There is a reason why Mech outperforms everything else in Strikes/Raids and that  is called uptime.

You see as a willbender/elementalist  if you miss your spells, lets say the boss (Anka) decides to jump out of your Purging Flames(Guardian)  or your Primordial Stance(Ele) // or (Minister Li) does his Bladesworn stuff and moves away,

You my friend are going D-O-W-N in dps.

How many skills can Mech miss? Thats right not a single one since all it does is AA and 2 and Jade Mech is a walking Aimbot.

Mech is game breaking period, I play one myself in fracs/strikes for this very reason I am not ashamed in saying the truth, it is far from balanced its actually game braindead breaking and kills any trace of fun or class identity for other classes.

Also Alacrity+700 tick barrier 100% uptime in 11111111 Mace. Go tell your Ele friend that.

Edited by keykey.9182
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nash.2681 said:

To a certain extend- yes. However, Vindicator needs to be in melee range = way more dps downtime. Also the boon support is close to 0. Herald, while still being easy to play still requires at least the presence of the player and apm above sloth level, also needs to be in meele. Virtuoso shares the dps uptime benefit, yet requires apm above sloth level and also lacks the boon farting.

Other than Power and Power Alac Mech is fine. Condi is meh DPS, or good DPS for a lot more effort. Heal Mech is pretty much on par with Druid.  I no longer feel weaker for bringing Druid over Heal Mech since some time now.

On 11/22/2022 at 6:45 PM, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Other than Power and Power Alac Mech is fine. Condi is meh DPS, or good DPS for a lot more effort. Heal Mech is pretty much on par with Druid.  I no longer feel weaker for bringing Druid over Heal Mech since some time now.

What's the problem with power alac? It is ~the lowest performing alac build, and needs severe mech-hand-holding to make sure the dumb box of jade bolts doesn't decide to walk to the other side of the boss every seven seconds.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

What's the problem with power alac? It is ~the lowest performing alac build, and needs severe mech-hand-holding to make sure the dumb box of jade bolts doesn't decide to walk to the other side of the boss every seven seconds.

Ren and chrono are the lowest performers. Alac mech is extremely strong currently.

• Like 2

Guys 11111, I don't get your problem with mechs 1111. It's very fun spec to use 11111! It's so hard and difficult to use11111 and the performance is peak for the amount of 1111wor1111111k you have to put into i11111t! From my experience in W1111111v111W1111 Mech play11111111er111s are the most sk11111111111led out of all people, because of the compl11111111exi1ty and 1111diffic111ulty to use in real scenarios. It really does take a lot of 111111111sk1111111ll to press 211111111111111-111111113 buttons to kill anyone that doesn't have any refle111111cts. They also can have a lot of mob111111lity with rock111111t b11111ts and Sh111111111ft S1111gnet which makes 1111111t qu111te mobile and have some d11111c111111nt susta11111n. 
01001101 01100101 01100011 01101000 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101001 01101110 01100101 00100000 01100111 01110101 01111001 01110011 00101100 00100000 01101010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01100111 01100101 01110100 00100000 01100111 01110101 01110100 00101110

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Might, Alac and Barrier.  Fairly easy to play and quite cheap to gear, capable of providing boons and DPS over range.

Condi Alac Mech required Ritualist gear and tried to imitate Condi Holo with its rotation. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Might, Alac and Barrier.  Fairly easy to play and quite cheap to gear, capable of providing boons and DPS over range.

Condi Alac Mech required Ritualist gear and tried to imitate Condi Holo with its rotation. 

Easy to play? Not... that much easier than other "good" alacs (other than, like, Untamed, lol). Cheap to gear? Zerk + Diviner, just like any other power alac. Not providing any boons over range, though, unless you go the rifle route, which means more diviner pieces, and less DPS. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Easy to play? Not... that much easier than other "good" alacs (other than, like, Untamed, lol). Cheap to gear? Zerk + Diviner, just like any other power alac. Not providing any boons over range, though, unless you go the rifle route, which means more diviner pieces, and less DPS. 

Power Alac Mech needs notably less Diviner than other Power Alacs. You can provide boons over range regardless because boons are on Mech, not you.
Power Alacrity is already rifle. Condi Alac is the one using Mace.
There isn't much brain required for Power Alac, you deal damage and your mech gives Might and Alac, that simple.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

2 button "Let my AI pet kill you and ho look I'm a kitten now"

Good job Anet

Pretty much every strike/raid match I'm seeing 2-3 Engineers on each team and I think it will only get worse as times goes on.

There is no point in playing anything else when you can a do top dps with AI pet.

If 25.9k is top dps in your group then that is kinda sad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1