Power or Condi Alacrity Renegade ?

Eros.6801

Hello as i slowly coming back to the game i'm starting to rebuild all my characters that can do any roles available on them if possible. I did so on Engi and have great success and then Ranger even tho it lacks Quick but so far it is good, the next class i want to rebuild is Revenant and this one has causing me a real headache but also the one i enjoy the most.

I already have Power DPS / Condi DPS / Quick but then it comes down to Alacrity so if you guys can give me any insight of which version of Alacrity Renegade is better Power or Condi i am happy to listen.

I know AlacRen isn't meta anymore but i don't mind off-meta build and as far as i see AlacRen is still viable, i did some researches but there are few infomations of AlacRen up to date and mostly the info i'm having right now is just theory so i decide to come here and ask for real experiences of how it might perform in real counters.

Edited by Eros.6801

If you want to play alac Ren, I strongly vote for the condi version. Power Alac Ren got nerfed into oblivion and there's currently no reason to play one (unless your squad wants to sacrifice one slot for a pure alac+bubble/stab/cc/[insert any other special role here]).

• Like 1

I go with power alac, for two reasons.  First is the extra boon duration creates a safety net, where missing a beat or two won't cause alac to drop off.  The condi version doesn't have this, for having full ritualist with leadership runes puts the duration just under permanent.  The second reason is that power alac is fairly low maintenance, and easy to use.  It comes with great CC and enough flexibility to solve most group problems without much issue. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I go with power alac, for two reasons.  First is the extra boon duration creates a safety net, where missing a beat or two won't cause alac to drop off.  The condi version doesn't have this, for having full ritualist with leadership runes puts the duration just under permanent.  The second reason is that power alac is fairly low maintenance, and easy to use.  It comes with great CC and enough flexibility to solve most group problems without much issue. 

To be fair you get free concentration in fractals and even more when it is boon overload instability (+20%). This is only an issue in raids/strikes. It is possible to run 79% boon duration on condi alac whereas you only need 78% and if you are so inclined to be low intensity you can camp shortbow despite it being less damage than using both weaponsets.

See Condi (Alac) Renegade - GW2 | Discretize [dT] where only 80% BD is run.