Add optional servers

3 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Thats why low-mid alertness will give you some times to adjust+ prevents damage , so you don't get moaned down by aoes .

Ah, the exact same "tier" that has nothing to do with being ow pvp system, because it teleports you away from the ow into secluded arena to 1v1. Almost like that's exactly the inherent pointlessness of your idea I'm talking about.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Ah, the exact same "tier" that has nothing to do with being ow pvp system, because it teleports you away from the ow into secluded arena to 1v1. Almost like that's exactly the inherent pointlessness of your idea I'm talking about.

Its not exactly 1v1 , if other people have enabled this mechanic too (it teleport all , but lower alert can decline if not tagged "Warzone have been detected nearby (3000 range) Accept/Decline" , or show the are in the minimap) .

If you have low "alert" , even in zergs the enemy attack you once , you will gain 6s sec damage immunity to get ready . The zerg cannot 1-shot you .

In mid alert , 3sec

High aert is open PK => get one shot by any player or whole zerg

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 6

7 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Its not exactly 1v1 , if other people have enabled this mechanic too (it teleport all , but lower alert can decline if not tagged "Warzone have been detected nearby (3000 range) Accept/Decline" , or show the are in the minimap) .

If you have low "alert" , even in zergs the enemy attack you once , you will gain 6s sec damage immunity to get ready . The zerg cannot 1-shot you .

In mid alert , 3sec

High aert is open PK => get one shot by any player or whole zerg (edit: assuming the zerg have enabled high alert too)

Ok, then it's not 1v1. But it still has nothing to do with ow pvp. It's even less ow pvp than the wvw is, so it's entirely pointless. Want to tp to pvp someone? Plenty of arenas in the game already.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Again :

Its 2 part , and its something new GW2 can create to lead the industry 😛

Again: majority of that idea is not addressing anything about ow pvp. What about that do you fail to constantly understand? 🤦‍♂️ Teleporting to arenas is already a thing, you can do it in more than one place already.

Btw nothing about that "leads the industry".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Again: majority of that idea is not addressing anything about ow pvp. What about that do you fail to constantly understand? 🤦‍♂️ Teleporting to arenas is already a thing, you can do it in more than one place already.

And if both parties + others , want to put the alert in "high" it becomes OW pvp .

Its not very difficult consept

• Confused 5

Just now, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

And if both parties + others , want to put the alert in "high" it becomes OW pvp .

Its not very difficult

If both parties want to fight, they can already fight in wvw or the existing arenas they can tp to :classic_blink: This is already in the game.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

If both parties want to fight, they can already fight in wvw or the existing arenas they can tp to :classic_blink:

And we can create this mechanic in OW , so we don't have to create new maps in WvW that need 1 year to be completed and then discrded by the community

• Confused 6

11 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Must be the language barrier. Good luck with that idea 🤷‍♂️

Well we don't want to shrink like the Instance population , with the constant "No no".

We must find the middle ground to increase the population 

Spoiler

(and in my case we seclude them from the rest of the OW players-with undergound arenas or getting high alert and blonwed in 0.1 sec in a zerg . The invisble mob behind can do 1000 dps to help complete the PvE fight , or when killed use the personal portal/rewind after 2 min to get back on the previous OW location)

There will be problem will be the "1v1 me bro" and the only thing i can think now is chat /s v2 where others pvpers  can see and switch automatically  and have a cd to restore to the normal chat.

Plus wisper , where hopefully the system will check if the other member have pvp enabled and accept/dicard it the message

Edit: Or more simply it needs 3 hours the pvp mechanic to be enabled - so he wont bother you right now

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

11 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yes. The former is playing alongside (and against) other PvP players. The latter mostly revolves around preying on non-PvP-minded players. And as the past history in many games has proven beyond all doubt, no matter what the individual players asking about this mode say, ultimately OWPvP always devolves to this. In the end, a mix of PvP and PvE never ends well. And not just because there's not that many players interested in this type of play, but also because most of those that do are not in it for fair fights, but only for very imbalanced (and heavily stacked in their own favour) ones. It's a setting that, to exist, needs to be populated mostly by victims. And hadly anyone wants to be a victim.

if people are speaking about Openworld pvp. They are asking for a button to "flag".

You can attack other people that are "flagged".   People that dont want to pvp..... simply dont have to flag and play the game just like they did before.  

If you dont want to be a victim.... dont be one XD

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Well we don't want to shrink like the Instance population , with the constant "No no".

Without a change pugging instances is still easy, so not sure what this is supposed to mean. Maybe before you constantly attempt to throw out these weak baits, you should first play the content so you understand what you're trying to talk about. 🤦‍♂️

Similarly, teleporting tagged players into instanced arena has nothing to do with ow pvp.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Without a change pugging instances is still easy, so not sure what this is supposed to mean. Maybe before you constantly attempt to throw out these weak baits, you should first play the content so you understand what you're trying to talk about. 🤦‍♂️

Similarly, teleporting tagged players into instanced arena has nothing to do with ow pvp.

Don't worry you are doing great. 

As long as you the company move forward, you can do whatever you want. 

And as long as you won't try to interfere with your "hardcore OW", I won't touch you

Try to read again about the options:

B- option is normal PK. 

It will not interfere with the PvE players and if not enough people won't like to participate, then again it's OK. 

What matters is to move the game fowars

• Confused 5

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

if people are speaking about Openworld pvp. They are asking for a button to "flag".

You can attack other people that are "flagged".   People that dont want to pvp..... simply dont have to flag and play the game just like they did before.  

If you dont want to be a victim.... dont be one XD

Most people asking for this wants others to be victims. If all such potential victims won't ever flag themselves, those players will not flag either, because fighting against other, equally good, pvp players is not what they find fun in such a system. People asking for that system want to hunt, they don't want to be hunted.

Looking at the past history, OWPvP system works only if players are forced to participate in it. If there's an (easy) option to avoid participation available, most players will pick it, and then the system dies due to lack of prey.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Most people asking for this wants others to be victims.

If all such potential victims won't ever flag themselves, those players will not flag either, because fighting against other, equally good, pvp players is not what they find fun

People asking for that system want to hunt, they don't want to be hunted.

... i absolutely love how you think, that you know the mentality of all pvp players alike. 

You just opened the big "stereotype-drawer" in your head and dumped everyone right in there.

CONGRATZ BUDDY.   

"PvP player hate fighting equally skilled people"  YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST! /s

come get your daily dose of "I know how everybody thinks"!  Astralporing has a whole drawer of it, and he doesnt mind sharing it in the forums. What a nice guy.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

... i absolutely love how you think, that you know the mentality of all pvp players alike. 

Not "all pvp players". Players that specifically like OW PvP instead of the separated PvP modes. That's a completely different crowd. And i am not guessing. I am basing it on how OW PvP turns out in every single case where it is introduced.

12 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

You just opened the big "stereotype-drawer" in your head and dumped everyone right in there.

CONGRATZ BUDDY.   

"PvP player hate fighting equally skilled people"  YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST! /s

come get your daily dose of "I know how everybody thinks"!  Astralporing has a whole drawer of it, and he doesnt mind sharing it in the forums. What a nice guy.

I see you have no intention of arguing in good faith but would rather twist my words into something i never said instead. In this case i wish you good luck arguing with yourself. What you ask for will not happen anyway

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

ITT: Sahne thinks that this time (for some reason) it will turn out differently than it has been consistently turning out throughout last 30 years of MMORPG history.

I am envious of your hopeful nature, but personally i prefer to be more realistic in my expectations.

i still dont get where you have this idea from, that i even remotely think this will happen....   Anet doesnt care for pvp. They said there is no money in pvp. im pretty realistic here.

But there is one thing that bothers me here:    I just hate if people open a drawer in their head, and throw a whole crowd in it. 

You simply cant assume the personality of over 1000 people.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

You simply cant assume the personality of over 1000 people.  its 2022 buddy.

You can't assume personality of individual people. You can predict how something is going to turn out  (and how larger groups of people are going to react) based on how it has always turned out before however. It's called "past experience".

Like you said, it's 2022, we have over 30 years of observational data to base our expectations on. Expecting different outcome this time around... well, there's a famous quote about this, you know.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You can't assume personality of individual people. You can predict how something is going to turn out  (and how larger groups of people are going to react) based on how it has always turned out before however. It's called "past experience".

Like you said, it's 2022, we have over 30 years of observational data to base our expectations on. Expecting different reasons this time around... well, there's a famous quote about this, you know.

"Most people asking for this wants others to be victims. If all such potential victims won't ever flag themselves, those players will not flag either, because fighting against other, equally good, pvp players is not what they find fun"

Your literally trying to tell me, what people, which your are simply not in touch with, find fun. And what they want.

Thats not past experience... thats simply opening a drawer, throwing everyon in there and then assuming what this drawer wants, without having spoken to those people in the past few years.   NICE!

"They want other to be victims"  "Fighting good pvp players is not what they find fun"   

Your literally stereotyping them.  Your telling me that they want to bully people that are bad at pvp, because they dont have the guts to go up against equal enemys. And then you reason it with "past experience".

😂 past experience 😂 I am actively speaking with those people..... and i have to say.... your "past experience" is biased and corrupted thru your own vision of this community.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Sahne.6950 said:

"Most people asking for this wants others to be victims. If all such potential victims won't ever flag themselves, those players will not flag either, because fighting against other, equally good, pvp players is not what they find fun"

Your literally trying to tell me, what people, which your are simply not in touch with, find fun. And what they want.

Thats not past experience... thats simply opening a drawer, throwing everyon in there and then assuming what this drawer wants, without having spoken to those people in the past few years.   NICE!

And you are trying to tell me that i should expect people wanting OW PvP in GW2 to be significantly different than people that were interested in OW PvP throughout 30 years of MMORPG history. Without saying why this time it would be any different than before.

Again, OW PvP in all games primarily draws in gankers, and degenerates to strong bullying the weak (and stopping playing the moment the weak go away). Care to tell me why this time you think it would be any different?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And you are trying to tell me that i should expect people wanting OW PvP in GW2 to be significantly different than people that were interested in OW PvP throughout 30 years of MMORPG history. Without saying why this time it would be any different than before.

Again, OW PvP in all games primarily draws in gankers, and degenerates to strong bullying the weak (and stopping playing the moment the weak go away). Care to tell me why this time you think it would be any different?

Thats why flagging is optional xD

if you flag, expect pvp. If you dont flag... why would it bother you?!

im just failing to see the problem here.  You want pvp? flag!  you dont want pvp? dont flag?

simple as that

it wont ever happen, we all know that... but your argumentation only makes sense, if the game would force people to participate in the pvp if they want to play the game.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Care to point me to even one example in the past where the flagging system actually worked?

Archeage.

For alot of people "flagging" was the main reason to play newworld... but that game got dumped because of all the bugs and item duplications.

But i dont even care about the flagging at this point. I just despise your stereotyping of a whole community.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Archeage.

I have just put "archeage OW PVP issues" in google, and within 5 seconds i've had a ton of complaings from mostly casual players about ganking in there. Doesn;t seem like it works the way you think it does.

Edit: from what i see, you can't really "opt out" from it at all. That does not seem like the flagging system you mentioned at all.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I have just put "archeage OW PVP issues" in google, and within 5 seconds i've had a ton of complaings from mostly casual players about ganking in there. Doesn;t seem like it works the way you think it does.

someone is mad in the internet....  YOU WON!

Astralporing: *googles for openworld issues* .....  *finds threads about  issues*

SHOCKING!

i literally played Archeage for years.... while you hit up google for 5 seconds.. you then think you ate the wisdom with a big spoon and then start posting garbage like this: "Doesn;t seem like it works the way you think it does."      YOU LITERALLY DONT EVEN KNOW THE GAME, but feel like lecturing me about, if openworld pvp was a success there or not....

there is areas in archeage that you can indeed turn flagging on and off, you can even attack your own teammembers there. But there is also areas where pvp will be permanently enabled. Those people complaing about those areas.  Newworld is a true flagging system like some people ask for gw2 to have. Newworld didnt fail because of the flagging btw... it failed because of incompetent developers, itemduplications, bot and aimbots and literally 0 endgame content beside the same 2 dungeons over and over again.

im out after this one 😛 we are spamming this thread, which i appologize for,  and i said what i have to say.  Bye.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1