No one plays warrior

ManaPotato.3279

I struggle to find a single warrior in LA or Arborstone, yet alone strike missions where they are nonexistent. The most I see are Engineers(Mechanists) and Mesmers(Virtuosos)

Just no one plays this class, its completely abandoned and forgotten. And when its played its 100% because its banners, which became less relevant than ever since rework.

Banners are demise of this class, alongside weapons being clunky and utilities not competitive enough. The entire class needs a major rethinking, even more desperately than elementalist.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

I mean I still play Power DPS Berserker and Power Spellbreaker both ranging between 32-33k scale.

While I agree certain things on warrior definitely need to be bolstered, I think people are truly forgetting the fact that people will literally take the easiest class to use because that either A) Lazy and want the simplest way to complete the hardest content or B) (And the most common reason I've seen thus far) There is a sizeable community that has a multitude of physical disabilities, so classes like Mechanics and Virtuoso and I'd say maybe Firebrand as well is low APM enough to cater to their needs. 

Now, am I saying that Mechanist should be packed in with as many boons as it does? No. Should it also have the ability to ever hit 40k on benchmarks? No. However, it should be a functional build just enough to be the entry-level build for folks that want to slip into instanced content and be mostly successful.

But, veering back to Warrior, I think what I definitely think the class needs the most is a tune up of most if not all of any outdated skills/utilities that they have left. Then afterwards rework any trait trees that still contain the 2012 vibe. Afterwards once core warrior stuff as been tuned up to a more modernized standard then Anet should slowly work and chip away at each elite spec warrior has, so they can figure out exactly what they want each elite spec to represent before moving onto the next. If they were to go through that entire process, then they would have a much more satisfying melee class that people would be more willing to pick up as their main for PVE/instanced content.

However, this would probably be a very long process that could take at least a few months to achieve, while also probably doing the same for any classes that may be falling behind as hard as warrior. Though, the only class I can think of that is having that similar issue is Elementalist.

To be honest, warrior is in a decent spot when compared to other melee only specs. In pve bladesworn and spellbreaker are able to get a decent dps output. They're especially good at Pdps focused fights like strikes and some raid bosses. There are alot of bladesworns out there that are able to top the dps charts. 

One of the big problems with PvE warrior is simply its lack in build diversity. Every build is close range, requires some sort of stationary target and they lack a decent condi build. 

On top of that the balance between ranged dps and melee dps is simply horrible atm. I cant think of a single relevant (close to meta) build that is focused on melee only dps. The dps uptime on ranged dps is usually atleast 10% higher then melee dps uptime, therefore melee focused builds should deal ~10% extra damage to offer an interesting alternative towards ranged dps. Currently this isnt taken into account in any single way when it comes to Golem benchmark dps standards. 

With warrior lacking sufficient build diversity to be a relevant class in like 50% of the endgame content, people just prefer to focus on other classes instead. 

So either warrior melee dps needs to be buffed to compensate for its dps uptime or warrior needs to get viable condi/ranged alternatives. 

Same goes for WvW atm. Spellbreaker has incredible potential with its bubble, but aslong as zergfights tend to stay in the 300-1500 range most of the fight the spellbreaker will remain a liability and a niche pick in any organized raid comp. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

I play warrior a lot in every content and really enjoy it. I agree that some utility skills need some tweaking because they are lacking compared to most classes (except ele where utility sucks even more). A simple but powerful improvement would for example be to make the banners flip skills, being able to provide e.g. stability when the groups needs it instead of when I plant the banner.

Also spellbreaker and bladesworn are really good elite specs which are quite different but both very fun to play. Only berserker needs a little bit help/tweaking, but at least according to patch notes this gets adresses on the 29th.

• Like 1

Have you even considered that Warriors might simply be out there in the world, playing content that's more fun to them than idling around in safe areas or instanced content?

There definitely are people playing Warrior. We might be a droplet in comparison to the toxic over-spilling barrel that is the disgustingly high amount of Mechanists, but our number is not 0.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

When i command in PvE. My Squads have around 1-4 Warriors per 50.

But yes, Warriors are rare.

Mostly Zerker.

If not zerker then Spellbreaker.

You have the extremly rare Core Warrior (Like me) 😄

I have not seen a Bladesworn in weeks. Not even memeing or hating.

I see BSWs in EoD Metas. If there is a core warrior in the squad it's usually me. Couple of zerkers, couple of Spellbreakers.

Half of squad are mechs or virts though.

11 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Well. I dont run EoD metas. /shrug

You wouldn't run it anywhere that requires movement so...

Gangwar, Aether, and Blackout all feature a BBEG that you can stand still and whack on and have telegraphs longer than a warrior inflicted with the slow condition so then can pop their DS early and gtfo of the way in time.

I stopped playing DE as it is a waste of time so I can't vouch for warrior numbers there.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You wouldn't run it anywhere that requires movement so...

Gangwar, Aether, and Blackout all feature a BBEG that you can stand still and whack on and have telegraphs longer than a warrior inflicted with the slow condition so then can pop their DS early and gtfo of the way in time.

I stopped playing DE as it is a waste of time so I can't vouch for warrior numbers there.

BS is just so annoying to play. I can totaly understand why people dont want to play it. Sure its fun for a bit but why bother when Spellbreaker gets buffed again and Core is sooooo smooth to play?

Condi Zerker is so nice being able to do dmg at range and melee. I almost only see condi zerker.

Man.... why did they create BS? Such a waste of a Elite Spec slot. 😒

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

BS is just so annoying to play. I can totaly understand why people dont want to play it. Sure its fun for a bit but why bother when Spellbreaker gets buffed again and Core is sooooo smooth to play?

Condi Zerker is so nice being able to do dmg at range and melee. I almost only see condi zerker.

Man.... why did they create BS? Such a waste of a Elite Spec slot. 😒

Believe it or not Spellbreaker is better suited for EoD than BSW. Enemies actually have boons to rip! I swear I've sped up metas simply because I'm there with a 40k Break Enchantments ripping protection and resolution on targets so that the virts and mechs can actually do damage, because Dwayna forbid, they rip the boons themsleves.

Warrior really did not need BSW or what it offers. It needed a support spec of some sort. They could turn it into a support spec based on spending ammo or explosion skills by reworking the master tier traits, but they won't.

Aside: It was a 37.5k BE. I rounded it, but it is possible to get it that high.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Believe it or not Spellbreaker is better suited for EoD than BSW. Enemies actually have boons to rip! I swear I've sped up metas simply because I'm there with a 40k Break Enchantments ripping protection and resolution on targets so that the virts and mechs can actually do damage, because Dwayna forbid, they rip the boons themsleves.

Warrior really did not need BSW or what it offers. It needed a support spec of some sort. They could turn it into a support spec based on spending ammo or explosion skills by reworking the master tier traits, but they won't.

Aside: It was a 37.5k BE. I rounded it, but it is possible to get it that high.

And don't forget that Junksworn might actually be better suited for Engineer than Warrior.

I still think it synergises better with the Firearms and Explosions trait lines than it does with any line on Warrior.

The not-a-sabre kit could have been actual skills for a Greatsword given to Engineer as the specialization's weapon.

That would probably also have been healthier for the game than seeing goo robots everywhere.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Fueki.4753 said:

And don't forget that Junksworn might actually be better suited for Engineer than Warrior.

I still think it synergises better with the Firearms and Explosions trait lines than it does with any line on Warrior.

The not-a-sabre kit could have been actual skills for a Greatsword given to Engineer as the specialization's weapon.

That would probably also have been healthier for the game than seeing goo robots everywhere.

That has more to do with the fact that they added explosions to some core (range only mind you) weapons, but only have a single lazy trait to key off of explosions. They add something that could have been well flesh out, and they chose ammunition to be the special thing for it's traits/Elite skill.

Really, there is 0 reasons for Guns and Glory to not just be an unconditional +250 Ferocity. I said it in the beta, and I still think this to be the case, the master tier traits need to all be changed to key off of explosions, with Unshakeable Mountain being an AoE application of barrier per explosion.

• Thanks 1

To be honest warriors are not in a bad spot right now. And that goes for pretty much all modes. Warrior has been floating for a long time in the mediocre land with a few builds that were pretty much mandatory in groups (banners in PVE, Bubble SB in WvW). With unique banners' effects removed and WoD nerfed they might have lost that guaranteed spot (all though no group will ever deny a bubble SB in WvW). But especially in PVE some new builds are either situationaly really strong or at least fine. I actually like the condi quick zerker in PVE, its fine, its just there are better options out there. 

Warrior lacks versatility. If you look at rev or guardian. Those will always have something at which they excel and many options in reserve. Maybe one build will fade away but something new and great will pop out.

In sPvP warrior was actually in a top spot recently with BsW after a looong time. Yeah the build was complete abomination but thats kinda how it often is. And its still in a decent spot and much better than it was in a long time on all it's specs.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

This is a dramatization. Warrior isn't in a terrible state and if mechanist didn't have autocasts I am pretty sure we would see warrior everywhere there isn't often a split mechanic or a need to range. For one, it is far better to run a warrior on Keep Construct or Vale Guardian (especially spellbreaker) due to using thief runes than just about any power spec. For condi fights that favor confusion you could still use condi berserker it isn't terrible and on Matthias the CC is helpful even if less than renegade (without the potential drawback of pulls).

Due to stacking in fractals (unless there are terrible instabilities such as flux bomb) spellbreaker is a great choice especially when there is No Pain No Gain: unlike mesmers when you boon rip you get more DPS rather than less DPS.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

I am play warrior. Warrior is best class. No time to idly chat with NOCs, Warrior busy conquering foes. Always growing, always improving, determined to transcend the limitations of the 1s and 0s the Almighty Anet hath placed upon us. No numbers shall hold Warrior, no thoughts of abandonment. Even if I stand alone as the last warrior, my aim shall always be the top. The path of the Warrior is unforgiving, but it leads to the heights unknown to the lesser beings who confine themselves to the shackles of the lesser professions. None shall conquer Warrior, for if warrior is killed, Warrior shall simply vengeance. If Warrior is beheaded, Warrior shall endure the pain and continue on. There is no logic, there is no reason. These are foolish concepts that Warrior eschews. Death is a myth, Warrior is reality, and Warrior shall press in beyond the confines of this reality and into the next, and then the next, to find the end of the infinite, to shatter the unending and then press even further. Past the realms of gods and dragons, beyond the end of the end, Warrior shall go, conquering whatever shall come next. No matter the odds, no matter the foe, Warrior is best class.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

warrior is just no fun no more😂

no one plays warrior on twitch(maybe one out of 50)

and even ajax quit lol

only the one who just started the game and have no idea whats going on and doing story content would pick warrior lol.

like you guys talking about other classes being simple? not like warrior is hard to play to begin with, warrior is literally the easier class, not the easiest, but easy enough

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 3

I just have to say that it is their loss if they're not playing warrior.  Bladesworn s the most fun I've had with the class, and it's quite powerful, too.  I'm killing entire squads of enemies as they spawn in a single strike.  The massive amount of stun and burst damage this profession brings makes it so anything that isn't dead is rendered helpless.  It is also quite useful to dash around quickly with the gunsaber and Dragon Trigger 2 ability.  

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I just have to say that it is their loss if they're not playing warrior.  Bladesworn s the most fun I've had with the class, and it's quite powerful, too.  I'm killing entire squads of enemies as they spawn in a single strike.  The massive amount of stun and burst damage this profession brings makes it so anything that isn't dead is rendered helpless.  It is also quite useful to dash around quickly with the gunsaber and Dragon Trigger 2 ability.  

I see a logic problem here. 

How exactly are you killing entire squads in one swing as they spawn? 

You need to be infight to get Flow, you need to gather for many seconds then stand still for even more. So your timing must be perfect too. And if you are not running solo, you probably have alot of others around that will kill them before you do. And even if you kill all mobs in one swing, you steal all the loot from the players around you. 

This scenario is so extremely unlikely to happen, you should start gambling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There are classes that have real different roles, some got an assassin spec, supports, full ranged, and then there's warrior, with ANet trying to force a healer role to a bruiser spec for PvP and all 3 warrior elite specs for PvE are just DPS.

Other classes providing more team utility from their core traitlines and weapons.

It also aged bad, other classes having overloaded resources, like guardian SW2, it's a teleport, provides fury, blinds, damage + extra damage from its AoE, then warrior SW2, it's just a (buggy) leap with some cripple.

Spellbreaker having just 1s of chains when they CC, which is okay and healthy (compared to the following one) and then you got druid, spamming chains on you from range.

I know, they're different classes, you shouldn't compare, the point is that other classes just have an "easier life", warrior is easy to get into, but it's actually hard to master, and other classes aging better than warrior, just makes warrior's life harder. Low floor, high ceiling.

A lot of warrior content creators just quit the game, or they just changed their main.

Edited by Zizekent.2398
Typo
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I see a logic problem here. 

How exactly are you killing entire squads in one swing as they spawn? 

You need to be infight to get Flow, you need to gather for many seconds then stand still for even more. So your timing must be perfect too. And if you are not running solo, you probably have alot of others around that will kill them before you do. And even if you kill all mobs in one swing, you steal all the loot from the players around you. 

This scenario is so extremely unlikely to happen, you should start gambling. 

It's really not.  To The Limit + double Flow Stabilizer + Tactical Reload (with third Stabilizer) is capable of generating enough flow out of combat to fully charge the trigger.  You can save on one of the flow stabilizers if you can inflict some fall damage on yourself, putting yourself into combat.  After doing this, I can hold the Dragon Trigger stance for 30 seconds, largely mitigating all the cooldowns I just blew.  That's a very wide window to time things.  Now, most events run like clockwork, with enemies spawning in specific places at specific times.  If you do them enough, you get a feel for where groups will spawn.  The enemies don't have to be tightly packed, either, as Dragon Slash - Boost still has enough punch to kill anything that isn't an elite.

Of course, events also tend to have monsters that spawn in waves, leaving me with plenty flow from one wave to another.  Dragonspike Mine lets me recharge Dragon Trigger instantly, so after one group of enemies is utterly obliterated I flip, charge, shadowstep to the next spawn point, and then blow them all up.  I've been using this all over the EoD meta maps, since I do them daily now, but I've also used it at Dragon's Stand, Tangled Depths, Crystal Oasis, Domain of Vabbi... basically any place where I've done the event enough to know where the enemy waves spawn.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1