No one plays warrior

ManaPotato.3279

56 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Both braindead.

Both extremely effective.

Warrior is also not fun or fluid and feels archaic.

Fun is relative, like, i find fun bladesworn for PvE, but i find it clunky and boring for PvP. Warrior is fun, it's just not aging that well compared to the other classes.

• Thanks 2

On 11/21/2022 at 5:50 AM, ManaPotato.3279 said:

I struggle to find a single warrior in LA or Arborstone, yet alone strike missions where they are nonexistent. The most I see are Engineers(Mechanists) and Mesmers(Virtuosos)

Just no one plays this class, its completely abandoned and forgotten. And when its played its 100% because its banners, which became less relevant than ever since rework.

Banners are demise of this class, alongside weapons being clunky and utilities not competitive enough. The entire class needs a major rethinking, even more desperately than elementalist.

That's because most warriors left the game and gw2 decided to not be an actual RPG with dedicated roles. For the class to be rethought, the game itself needs to be rethought as well since warrior is the core of any RPG's combat and class design.

NOW, you have a game where the latest expansion powercrept everything else but pre-EoD warrior. A game where warriors have to play borderline godly just to keep up with all the powercrept mess of boons, super-speed, movement-preventing conditions from other classes. A game where the development has neither the will, nor the stomach to RETHINK their entire thought process and design and stick to a plan. A game where its pvp modes are in shambles.

As far as banners go...nah. If anything, it's a slight improvement even if the unique buffs are gone. No, what really screwed warrior is the 2020 update. That was disastrous for this class. A so-called "melee" class that is too slow to keep up, with clunky weapon skills, low damage AND low sustainability is (again) disastrous.

Man, I tell ya. It's been a juicy 10 years. The core game is alright, but I'm basically just calling it in on gw2.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

That's because most warriors left the game

more like they were forced out the game or off of warrior. these are dedicated warrior mains i'm talking about.

poor balance, outdated design, and feb 2020 practically destroying the class.

til now not even a finger has been lifted to fix the sh*t that is feb 2020.

and those june banners, man that said it all. by no professional standard should something like that have ever made it to the live game. moreso in a franchise as big as gw2. thats a blatant middle finger right there. i was a glassy eyed hopeful waiting for years for things to fix themselves and get better. june and the discord leaks really woke me up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/24/2022 at 6:36 AM, Kozumi.5816 said:

Both braindead.

Both extremely effective.

Warrior is also not fun or fluid and feels archaic.

I find Warrior fun. It’s the only class I enjoy playing, everything else feels miserable to play in comparison. (With the exception of thief, since I haven’t played it in a very long time and cannot make a judgement on it)
Remember that fun is subjective. Archaic I can agree with though. Rush, 100blades, etc. are very outdated skills. 

• Like 3

On 11/26/2022 at 11:44 AM, eXruina.4956 said:

more like they were forced out the game or off of warrior. these are dedicated warrior mains i'm talking about.

poor balance, outdated design, and feb 2020 practically destroying the class.

til now not even a finger has been lifted to fix the sh*t that is feb 2020.

and those june banners, man that said it all. by no professional standard should something like that have ever made it to the live game. moreso in a franchise as big as gw2. thats a blatant middle finger right there. i was a glassy eyed hopeful waiting for years for things to fix themselves and get better. june and the discord leaks really woke me up.

Fwiw I'm pretty sure the dev responsible for the June banners isn't at Anet anymore, at least his profile on Reddit no longer has the Anet badge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have played warrior for many years in gw2 since launch. At one time warrior was a class that was always seen. When you would swing all your weapons you would feel the power behind them.  Some were not seen as much in the light as others in some cases. Although In pve maps this is common to this day. However in world versus world some of our weapons were deemed 2 powerful and thus had been culled in the 2020 cataclysm. Then Elmer's glued with bandages as I have seen mentioned throughout several forums. Playing a warrior now a days at least in competitive modes is like signing up to be a full on masochist. Not for the will less but those that wish to experience true pain. As veterans that remember the golden days of the warrior. The youthful that start nowadays are blind to the fact of what warriors once we're compared to the nerfarriors they have become. Sometimes as a warrior main just like in the pve story the 6 have abandoned us even after we did what we can to save tyria. As a warrior believing in false gods (devs) may not bring forth what one may hope. As our weapons  continue to be decreased from their once mighty capabilities. A question that one should truly ask a dev about their class especially as a warrior new or veteran alike is  about each weapon they can use. " Why should I use a hammer? Why should I use a mace? Why should I use an axe? Why should I use a rifle? Why should I use a dagger? Why should I use a shield? Why should I use a melee pistol? Why should I use a sword? Why should I dual wield weapons? Why should I combine different weapon sets? Why should I use this utility? Why is my elite skill not in anyways making me feel like I'm using a powerful ability?  This does not just stop at warrior this goes for all classes alike. This goes for class mechanics as well whether it's energy, initiative, life force, adrenaline, pretty much anything about a class. What is it's identity? What is it decent or good at? Why should I not just make a entire squad only run one class and make balance decisions easier for the devs?