Fishing - where is the "reward"?

Sanus.3502

21 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

"Where is the reward?" sums up everything released since EoD.

How is fishing hard? You literally can't fail to catch a fish once it's on your line.

You can't break your rod or lose your expensive lure by not paying attention.

It's the most easymode fishing possible.

Right, exactly. I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or disagreeing, haha. My whole point is that I don't see why you'd want what little challenge there is to be found anywhere within the fishing content to disappear as a reward.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, patton the great.7126 said:

Well golly gee ain't Fishing reward enough? *roll Andy Griffith show music" 

That is where things get confusing. Fishing is competitive with other activities in terms of profits. Just like other activities there are more and less profitable ways of doing it. OP picked a less profitable route for fishing and is now complaining about the results.

• Confused 1

This is one of the beauty of GW2 for me.

Doing any content wether its pvp, wvw , world boss kill , fishing. The things that you loot is not the "reward" that you get.

But the "reward" that you get is actually the time that you spent while doing to.

So while you are fishing the "reward" that you are actually getting is the time and fun enjoyment you are experiencing while fishing. You are chilling on your skiff and waiting what type of fish you will get and how big it is. The surprise factor is what i call it.

So you are actually enjoying your reward while fishing

So keep it up! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

First, I will name a big flaw that has already been gone over, but I do feel needs to be looked at, seriously. Fishing stacks should carry over on map change. Not cool spending about an hour then have to leave from map population.

Far as the reward? It's very light activity that can earn a decent amount of coin for what it is. Don't feel like slapping around mobs or doing high end content? Chill in Rata Sum, socialize in map chat and make about 10g an hour (depending on your rng luck.)

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/27/2022 at 1:27 AM, Rendalmj.3152 said:

So you are actually enjoying your reward while fishing

If it was fun and relaxing, fishing would be its own reward. The stupid Pong game ruined it. Fishing could have been such a simple addition but they worked very hard to ruin it so thoroughly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally got to EoD and got to try fishing. I love it! I have done an absurd amount of it since unlocking it a few days ago and think I will make it my main method of farming gold tbh. There are some complaints like map closure ruining stacks on the skiff, I would really appreciate them making the stacks remain when you move map. Also having to deal with mobs really ruins the chill vibe. Heck gimme a mastery that needs 10mill exp via fishing alone so I can become one with the water and be ignored by hostile wildlife while fishing. I was also pleased to get all fishing masteries exp via fishing alone :3 

I hope with the next living world season they expand on fishing more and don't forget this system, I really adore it. Keep adding new loot etc to keep it relevant but atm the ambergris is plenty good enough for me. 

Loving the EoD maps, I just wish the draw distance etc was a bit better. The pop in can be quite jarring. I have all my settings at max.

Overall I really love this expansion. ^^ Fishing is a big part of why.