Since season 1 is finished, anet will soon start releasing season 6 content. What do you want to see?

Arthelad.5418

For me: 

1. Aurene goes to sleep. It ruins plot tension when you can just turn into a literal demigod (eod final battle), so it would be better that aurene is removed from the story. Nothing personal.

2. E. Anet is most likely setting up something up with E, especially with the misterious founder of the FDA (yes that's its name, fite me).

3. More Cantha regions. I want to explore sunqua peak and togo's estate.

4. More canthan shenanigans. What are actually the moral implications of xunlai jade's high prices and pollution? What do the other nobles think of Joon? What kind specific relations does cantha want to have with DR and what do canthans think?

Edited by Arthelad.5418
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

ArenaNet already confirmed a "Canthan map" is coming next ever since they confirmed LWS1 return. The most common theory for where this map will be is Drowned Kaineng and Raisu Palace, as there are a ton of hints, especially in New Kaineng City, that there is something brewing there, and that Rama will be involved. ArenaNet also confirmed that this map's story will lead into the next expansion somehow. These were brought up in several updates over the year:

Finally, we’re happy to confirm that we’re working on the next story update for Guild Wars 2, including a new map set in the Cantha region. The story (and how we tell it) can go in so many interesting directions now that the Elder Dragon threat is addressed!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/arenanet-studio-update-the-future-of-guild-wars-2/

In our March Studio Update, we confirmed big plans for Guild Wars 2‘s future: the return of Living World Season 1 (which includes a new Strike Mission and challenge mode), new Cantha explorable zone and story content, Steam launch, regular profession updates, and the next expansion.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/arenanet-studio-update-june-2022/

A new location and story to experience in Cantha.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-guild-wars-2-tenth-anniversary-and-steam-launch-on-august-23/

However, very curiously, ArenaNet never once mentioned the term "Season 6" - or any season at all coming up. And they never implied more than one map. It's always been A new map, A new zone, A new location.

So I lowkey believe that ArenaNet is doing away with the concept of living world seasons, hopefully in favor of larger expansions and non-season disconnected storybeat updates, more similar to how disjointed the first half of og LWS1 felt.
This would actually be a good move, imho, because it would allow ArenaNet to spend time to tie up loose threads that never really fit into the grand overarching narrative, like the Foefire, the charr-human peace treaty that got solved without the Commander sometime between HoT and Season 4 apparently, Zojja, Malyck, the centaur plot that was cut from IBS' second half, etc.
In this line, the new map will be Cantha, and the plot will most likely solve the whole Purist and Unchained plothooks left open ended by EoD. We might get two maps about this, as not only is Drowned Kaineng a place of obvious interest, but so is Sunqua Peaks / western Shing Jea, where the final battle with the Ministry of Purity apparently happened. Following that, I theorize that we will return to Central Tyria where we cover Zojja somehow, given Bobby Stein's 👀post that was relatively recent. Then we'll probably get our first teaser to Expansion 4, and a story/map that foreshadows it Forsaken Thicket-for-Season 3-style.

In short, I imagine "season 6" will not only be not called such, but function more like the raid stories or The Lost Shores - independent story beats that serve to conclude minor plot threads and foreshadow the next big thing.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

However, very curiously, ArenaNet never once mentioned the term "Season 6" - or any season at all coming up. And they never implied more than one map. It's always been A new map, A new zone, A new location.

So I lowkey believe that ArenaNet is doing away with the concept of living world seasons,

yes i see it too......................

There are criticisms of the Living World business model not being a good fit for Steam(steam users can interpret it as scam). So there's a lot of possibilities on they reform the "living world" model, to something else, with another name.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

ArenaNet already confirmed a "Canthan map" is coming next ever since they confirmed LWS1 return. The most common theory for where this map will be is Drowned Kaineng and Raisu Palace, as there are a ton of hints, especially in New Kaineng City, that there is something brewing there, and that Rama will be involved. ArenaNet also confirmed that this map's story will lead into the next expansion somehow. These were brought up in several updates over the year:

Finally, we’re happy to confirm that we’re working on the next story update for Guild Wars 2, including a new map set in the Cantha region. The story (and how we tell it) can go in so many interesting directions now that the Elder Dragon threat is addressed!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/arenanet-studio-update-the-future-of-guild-wars-2/

In our March Studio Update, we confirmed big plans for Guild Wars 2‘s future: the return of Living World Season 1 (which includes a new Strike Mission and challenge mode), new Cantha explorable zone and story content, Steam launch, regular profession updates, and the next expansion.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/arenanet-studio-update-june-2022/

A new location and story to experience in Cantha.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-guild-wars-2-tenth-anniversary-and-steam-launch-on-august-23/

So I lowkey believe that ArenaNet is doing away with the concept of living world seasons, hopefully in favor of larger expansions and non-season disconnected storybeat updates, more similar to how disjointed the first half of og LWS1 felt.
This would actually be a good move, imho, because it would allow ArenaNet to spend time to tie up loose threads that never really fit into the grand overarching narrative, like the Foefire, the charr-human peace treaty that got solved without the Commander sometime between HoT and Season 4 apparently, Zojja, Malyck, the centaur plot that was cut from IBS' second half, etc.
In this line, the new map will be Cantha, and the plot will most likely solve the whole Purist and Unchained plothooks left open ended by EoD. We might get two maps about this, as not only is Drowned Kaineng a place of obvious interest, but so is Sunqua Peaks / western Shing Jea, where the final battle with the Ministry of Purity apparently happened. Following that, I theorize that we will return to Central Tyria where we cover Zojja somehow, given Bobby Stein's 👀post that was relatively recent. Then we'll probably get our first teaser to Expansion 4, and a story/map that foreshadows it Forsaken Thicket-for-Season 3-style.

In short, I imagine "season 6" will not only be not called such, but function more like the raid stories or The Lost Shores - independent story beats that serve to conclude minor plot threads and foreshadow the next big thing.

44 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

yes i see it too......................

There are criticisms of the Living World business model not being a good fit for Steam(steam users can interpret it as scam). So there's a lot of possibilities on they reform the "living world" model, to something else, with another name.

That'd be a kitten shame. LW has its issues, and its duds, but over all in my opinion its been a good model for regular content.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, been saying for months I’d be surprised if ls6 is a thing.  A new team, a new story and likely a new direction for delivering content. They did a lot of great things with the seasons, but they were hit and miss in quality at times due to pressure to keep to an unnecessary cadence. In the end we ended up with a rushed season 5, two rapidly dispatched dragons long before their time and an expac well below potential - all because of trying to do too much at once in my opinion.

A map or two with plenty of old school back to basics repeatable content (like Silverwastes) then an expac would be fine I think

As to where the story can go… well they made a right mess of the dragon story so yeah, retire Aurene and do something fresh (not Gods). 

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

That'd be a kitten shame. LW has its issues, and its duds, but over all in my opinion its been a good model for regular content.

I don't think they're getting rid of the idea of regular content, as that would kind of be suicidal tbh, just the notion of a seasonal storyline.

At least for now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

I understand, its specifically that notion of a seasonal storyline that I'll miss.

I won't. I have been asking for more Side Stories, instead of LW, and new Expansions for years as I dislike the episodic release structure of Living World seasons and how you have to wait ages to finish them. What bugs me most about them, though, is the vast gap in quality, since different teams were working on different episodes, resulting in some being very well written and executed, while others were not.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2022 at 9:23 PM, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

but I'm just guessing out loud, it might not happen at all.

what i read that make me speculate, is that steam users don't like chained xpacs, like for example you need to buy HOT to play LS3(for free or not).

Edited by ugrakarma.9416

• I wonder if, should Anet remove the seasons format from play, whether they will release the new format within the expansion rather than as standalone sellable content? That would allow them to, ironically, connect each "episode" in a gameplay fashion. If everything released within EoD is available to all players who own EoD (unlike Living World seasons), you can carry over mechanics, masteries, etc. from one "episode" to another of the new content seamlessly, while still allowing for freedom of storytelling. It can be made into a good format even though I'd prefer they just had good writing work like they had in LS4. But if they keep selling it as standalone content...then I stop seeing the same advantages as you guys are seeing with regards to not being seasonal.
  • Like 1

I would love to see new stories in existing maps, whether they’re in Cantha, Elona, Maguuma, or core Tyria. We have a lot of great locations that would be cool to return to, and I’d hope that we could have meatier/longer story chapters (or more frequent) because of less demand to develop new assets for new maps. While I do enjoy new maps/locations, we have SO MANY great existing ones that we aren’t using.

It’s also really nice to see old characters return, too. There were a lot of characters that popped up in EoDs that we hadn’t seen since the personal story, HoTs, etc. Lots of little cameos in Arborstone, and even some bigger characters like Mai. Definitely keep connecting the old to the new!

I loved Marjory’s Looking Back collection. I’ve often felt like we’re told the commander is friends with Dragon’s Watch characters, but I feel like we very rarely see that friendship in action. So more plot threads or side stories/achievements that serve to develop the main cast, their wants and needs, strengths and flaws, regrets, etc, and grow our relationship with them. I wanna feel like I care about these people and am invested in their lives.

Edited by Zola.6197
  • Like 8

32 minutes ago, TheOrlyFactor.8341 said:

Honestly I want to see more Mist-related stuff. I wanna see more stuff about the Mist Stranger.

Do I think it's gonna happen? Nah. It's fun to wish though.

I think the chances of more mist related content are fairly good. I don’t think we’ll have an expansion/map set in the mists, but instances could be possible. Plus, I wouldn’t be surprised if we start seeing threats popping into Tyria from the mists. It’s a pretty unique aspect of the setting so it’d be a shame not to use it.

The mist stranger could easily factor into plots like that, and I do believe their dialogue has dropped some hints about their future involvement with us iirc.

I like the idea that they could be Razah. 👀

Edited by Zola.6197
  • Like 2

I would like to see more sylvari related content. I want to know who the missing two firstborn are, though that might not be relevant to the current story. Also want to see Malyck and Duchess Chrysanthea again.

Also can we get sylvan mount skins? And maybe some new plant armor? Please, it’s been a decade since core and those textures are not holding up well.

Edited by cosmic arrow.2605
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cosmic arrow.2605 said:

I would like to see more sylvari related content. I want to know who the missing two firstborn are, though that might not be relevant to the current story. Also want to see Malyck and Duchess Chrysanthea again.

Also can we get sylvan mount skins? And maybe some new plant armor? Please, it’s been a decade since core and those textures are not holding up well.

It would also be nice to see some involvement from Laranthir and the Pale Tree if we're digging into sylvari stuff. 👀

Also more interaction between sylvari and wardens?

• Like 5

7 hours ago, cosmic arrow.2605 said:

So. Much. This.

And what Zola said.

🤗

Edited by anninke.7469
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, cosmic arrow.2605 said:

We still do not have answers to the two largest questions of sylvari lore:

1. How was the Pale Tree purified?
  2. What is the origin of the Dream and Nightmare?

Because it wasn't Ventari despite common player belief, and it wasn't Mordremoth according to HoT - respectively

• Like 6

Looking at Living World Seasons 3, 4 ,and Icebrood Saga, and how they did each of their sub-plots in 3 parters

• LWS3 White Mantle plot(Bloodstone Fen, Lake Doric, Siren's Reef)
  • LWS3 Dragon plot(Ember Bay, Bitterfrost Frontier, Draconis Mons)
  • LWS4 Joko plot(Domain of Istan, Sandsweapt Isles, Domain of Kourna)
  • LWS4 Kralk Plot(Jahai Bluffs, Thunderhead Peaks, Dragonfall)
  • IBS Charr plot(Bound by Blood, No Quarter, Jormag Rising)
  • IBS Norn plot(Whisper In the Dark, Shadow in the Ice, Jormag Rising)

I'm going to guess Living World S6, or w/e they end up calling it, will follow a similar path.

The two big leftover plot threads from EoD are the Purist/Risen plot, and the Deep Sea Monster plot, so I could see those two being the focus of LWS6. Either they be singular maps per release, or more IBS expanding on the same maps, doesn't really matter.

Maybe tied together with an over-arcing plot about trying to find a new power source for Cantha, which ends in some Lyssa reveal that leads into expansion 4 where we deal with Lyssa and end the god plot.

Xpack 4 will probably deal with the larger god/mists storyline. As for where it would be placed... we know from the Tyrian world map from back in LWS2 that there were trade routes between the Battle Isles, and a continent off in the far west. There's also been some possible speculation of a 4th human land in old lore for the Luxons, and Doern Velazquez. This would be a good place to make a more central/south American themed setting, akin to much of the old GW1 Utopia concepts, to "round out" the world of Tyria since we already have a Europe/middle east(Tyria), Africa(Elona), and Asia(Cantha) settings.

On 11/23/2022 at 1:54 PM, Zola.6197 said:

I think the chances of more mist related content are fairly good. I don’t think we’ll have an expansion/map set in the mists, but instances could be possible. Plus, I wouldn’t be surprised if we start seeing threats popping into Tyria from the mists. It’s a pretty unique aspect of the setting so it’d be a shame not to use it.

IIRC, back during PoF or LWS4 a dev at Anet made a comment that they had an internal rule that all LW and expansion maps have to be put on the same map as everything else. There won't be a GW1 style separate map for Tyria, Cantha, Elona, the Mists, etc. They even brought up the Mists in the conversation, saying its unlikely we will ever have full map there, but we will go there for story beats and such.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509