Since season 1 is finished, anet will soon start releasing season 6 content. What do you want to see?

Arthelad.5418

4 hours ago, Arthelad.5418 said:

Now that i think about it, it would be nice if we could visit the norn homelands and the undergrounds of tyria now that jormag and primordus are dead.

We did visit the Norn homelands already. Bjora Marches, Drizzlewood Coast, and the western edge of Grothmar, are part of the Norn Homelands.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Arthelad.5418 said:

Now that i think about it, it would be nice if we could visit the norn homelands and the undergrounds of tyria now that jormag and primordus are dead.

We've already been to the Norn Homelands. Aesgir's Legacy in Bjora Marches is where the Norn fled from, its just that most of their villages and homesteads were destroyed and there's only crude camps now.

The underground of Tyria would be nice, but given they dropped the ball on creating an underwater region its unlikely they would create an underground region either.

Its unfortunate, but the devs don't seem to like straying too far from established practices.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

We've already been to the Norn Homelands. Aesgir's Legacy in Bjora Marches is where the Norn fled from, its just that most of their villages and homesteads were destroyed and there's only crude camps now.

The underground of Tyria would be nice, but given they dropped the ball on creating an underwater region its unlikely they would create an underground region either.

Its unfortunate, but the devs don't seem to like straying too far from established practices.

We have two major underground regions, one in Tangled Depths, and the other in Draconis Mons. People largely hated both.

And, outside of some pre-launch beta map ideas Anet's never really tried to make an underwater region. They can't drop the ball on something they've never really done.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Should Kryta have stopped at Queensdale and maybe Gendarran Fields, Maguuma only had Caledon Forest and Metrica Province, etc.?

These areas that were touched on can still be visited with more maps, in order to expand the world building and the individual narratives.  More Depths of Tyria maps could allow us the chance to discover the past of the pre-EotN Asura Civilization along with things like what whatever surviving stone dwarves might do post Dragons (aside from cleaning up leftover minions), same with visiting other (actual) Far Shiverpeaks areas, start digging into the past of the Norn. Humans, and charr to a lesser degree, and a deep and concrete past that stretches across the world, but none of the other playable races really do (yes, intentional with Sylvari) though they are the actual natives to Thyria and humans are effectively aliens.  I'd say why not change that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Should Kryta have stopped at Queensdale and maybe Gendarran Fields, Maguuma only had Caledon Forest and Metrica Province, etc.?

Queensdale, Kessex Hills, Gendarran Fields, Harathi Hitherlands, and Bloodtide coast, are all in the physical landmass of Kryta. And all but Bloodtide are part of the human nation of Kryta, and have Krytan forts and villages in them.

58 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

These areas that were touched on can still be visited with more maps, in order to expand the world building and the individual narratives.  More Depths of Tyria maps could allow us the chance to discover the past of the pre-EotN Asura Civilization along with things like what whatever surviving stone dwarves might do post Dragons (aside from cleaning up leftover minions), same with visiting other (actual) Far Shiverpeaks areas, start digging into the past of the Norn. Humans, and charr to a lesser degree, and a deep and concrete past that stretches across the world, but none of the other playable races really do (yes, intentional with Sylvari) though they are the actual natives to Thyria and humans are effectively aliens.  I'd say why not change that.

Until recently, with the introduction of airships, most races wouldn't have had the physical means to be worldwide because establishing power while having to walk is fundamentally limited. This especially so for the Norn, who have historically rejected the idea of communal civilization, and would have had even less infrastructure/means to go very far.

Not to mention the Elder Dragons wiping most life out every 10,000 years, forcing live to revolve, and what civilizations that managed to survive basically being destroyed and having to start over from zero. Limiting how far any of them races could build empires/travel. As we see with the Krait, Quaggan, Hylek, Centaurs, Skritt, Grawl, and most other intelligent races on Tyria they're still at an increadibly tribal level of development.

Humans only got as far as they did because of the gods seemingly portaling them to Tyria in various places such as Cantha, Orr, and the supposed homeland of the Luxons. And Asura are just way ahead of the curve tech wise so they can portal themselves all the way from Tyria to Cantha. Charr, and Norn really shouldn't have worldwide histories.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://youtu.be/hZsuvbYZecg?t=5

....I'm not asking for worldwide histories for the Norn or the Asura, I only referenced the fact that Humans have such to show the discrepancy (also citation needed on the Six portaling humans multiple times to different areas in the fashion you describe).  Otherwise I wouldn't have asked that we visit more of their original homelands to learn more about their pasts. 

Also, more Far Shiverpeaks maps would also be part of the same landmass, same as the maps of Kryta, as could the Asuran areas of the Depths of Tyria.

On 11/23/2022 at 5:28 PM, mercury ranique.2170 said:

I'd like to see them explore new parts of the world. I really loved seeing them redo old regions from GW1, but it is unbalanced. Now they did most of the old gw1 world I would suggest going on to new parts of the world.

Although I am willing to make exceptions. Dominion of winds would be one of them

I thought gw1 was a horrible game. I hope it doesn't return. 

Edited by Spiderman.5468
editing the above post made two posts....?
  • Confused 4

16 hours ago, Fipmip.7219 said:

Would be cool if they added a massive sea map between cantha and tyria and added proper voyage mechanics with personal sea ships and airships and some kind of intercontinental trading theme

That would be very cool.

Edited by Spiderman.5468
editing the above post made two posts....?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

....I'm not asking for worldwide histories for the Norn or the Asura,

That may be what you meant, but that isn't what you wrote.

(also citation needed on the Six portaling humans multiple times to different areas in the fashion you describe). 

Guild Wars 1 lore repeatedly said that the gods brought humanity to Cantha first. GW1 lore also has Luxons say they came from somewhere else besides Cantha in the earliest days of humanity. There's also history scrolls in Orr in GW2 that imply that the gods first arrived in Tyira to Orr, and brought the first humans to Tyria at Orr after Balthazar cleansed Orr to claim it for humanity. So we have Orr, Cantha, and some possible 3rd location, as places where early humans were brought to the world.

Otherwise I wouldn't have asked that we visit more of their original homelands to learn more about their pasts. 

Also, more Far Shiverpeaks maps would also be part of the same landmass, same as the maps of Kryta, as could the Asuran areas of the Depths of Tyria.

Given the rather low development of most Tyrian races, outside the Asura, and very recently the Charr, most of the early history of these species would be no different than the early history of humanity... which was very uneventful because the majority of human history was tribal, where there wasn't enough civilization to achieve much of anything.

• We know the Charr were a tribal species, largely destroying itself with inter-tribal warfare, until the Khan-Ur appeared, untied the tribes, and then they've spent their entire history since then mercilessly attacking and conquering everyone around them, getting into conflict with the Forgotten for awhile, and then later humanity.
  • The Norn have spent their entire history rejecting the idea of civilization, generally living in small family units, and focusing more on personal glory, and reverence of the spirits, over larger achievements.
  • Human history on Tyira is very well developed, likely owing to them coming to Tyria long after moving past tribal stages on their original homeworld.
  • Sylvari history isn't very long in the first place.

Really the only major race developed enough to have an actual explorable history is the Asura.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

That may be what you meant, but that isn't what you wrote.

Guild Wars 1 lore repeatedly said that the gods brought humanity to Cantha first. GW1 lore also has Luxons say they came from somewhere else besides Cantha in the earliest days of humanity. There's also history scrolls in Orr in GW2 that imply that the gods first arrived in Tyira to Orr, and brought the first humans to Tyria at Orr after Balthazar cleansed Orr to claim it for humanity. So we have Orr, Cantha, and some possible 3rd location, as places where early humans were brought to the world.

To be fair, the Luxons comment could also mean the previous planet humanity is from. Though it is interesting overall how humanity came to Tyria already at the stage of having kingdoms and such, but there is no history of the previous planet. By choice or covered up by the gods?

1 hour ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

To be fair, the Luxons comment could also mean the previous planet humanity is from. Though it is interesting overall how humanity came to Tyria already at the stage of having kingdoms and such, but there is no history of the previous planet. By choice or covered up by the gods?

The Orrian history scrolls state that, while the other Gods were building Arah, Lyssa was among the mortals giving them joy, and helping them forget their past. This, along with comments about Balthazar coming into Tyria carrying the head of his father(In triumph or sorrow being unstated), would suggests humans fled something pretty bad.  I don't think the gods need to have covered it up, just that humans chose to forget whatever befell them before.

Though I could easily see Anet going that route, and it being some big reveal in Xpack 4 along with other secrets of the gods/Mists.

More of Bangar. More of "E". A setup like in season 2 - at first no big enemy but small investigations where the things are developed slowly. With the "Friend's Detective Agency" of course. 😄

I really want to know more about E - now that we have season 1 again where they have been mentioned the first time. Though with the stuff happening in Cantha now (at least the first new maps ... later there migth be plot happening in the core maps as well but not in HoT/PoF so people with only EoD will be able to play they might keep it in a way like this) I can't see E (focused on Kryta) making an appearance.

Bangar would be nice though. But please no single super strong enemy as "big evil". An organization ... or some kind of things (with multiple small leaders ... split through the chapters) ... might be nice once in a while. After all the big dragons (that felt kinda boring).

Edited by Luthan.5236

4 hours ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

The Orrian history scrolls state that, while the other Gods were building Arah, Lyssa was among the mortals giving them joy, and helping them forget their past. This, along with comments about Balthazar coming into Tyria carrying the head of his father(In triumph or sorrow being unstated), would suggests humans fled something pretty bad.  I don't think the gods need to have covered it up, just that humans chose to forget whatever befell them before.

Though I could easily see Anet going that route, and it being some big reveal in Xpack 4 along with other secrets of the gods/Mists.

A long running theory I personally hold is that the previous world was utterly ravaged and destroyed, with prisons and deadlands from conflicts between the gods (outside of the six). I don't hold too tightly to it, but it is something I think of.

Especially with the one book talking of the gods going to try to find another planet, and to come back for humanity to save them from the downfall of Tyria to the dragons.

42 minutes ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

A long running theory I personally hold is that the previous world was utterly ravaged and destroyed, with prisons and deadlands from conflicts between the gods (outside of the six). I don't hold too tightly to it, but it is something I think of.

Especially with the one book talking of the gods going to try to find another planet, and to come back for humanity to save them from the downfall of Tyria to the dragons.

That would be interesting.

Could tie into the old GW1.dat file data for older gods like Arachnia, insectoid gods, and GW1/GW2 lore about the god that predated Abbadon, Balthazar's father, Dwayna's father, etc. Some conflict regarding the older/new gods, or the human/non-human gods, destroys the original human homeworld, forcing them to flee to Tyria.

Though I don't believe the gods had any intention of saving humanity from the dragons. In EoD we see full scale global apocalypse and yet none of the gods showed up to recuse humans while void was going crazy from Cantha to the Charr homelands. That books reads like a nutjob trying to justify his own belief.

• Thanks 1

The flooded parts of old KC would be a great spot for underwater content ANet shied away from since Core.

Areas north of Echovald and Dragon's End are the "old" GW1 areas (Cavalon, Maishang Hills, The Deep etc.) could pick up GW1 stuff. Togo's Estate in the South.

What I want are small stories. Let Aurene sleep. No world ending things. Explore the backyards of what we have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/27/2022 at 1:26 AM, Arthelad.5418 said:

Ah, sorry, I thought there was more in the northern part. 

There is. Bjora Marches only covers about 1/4th of GW1 Far Shiverpeak maps, as can tell with that_shaman's historical guide. Though a good portion of it was put under sea and ice by Jormag's awakening (namely Varajar Fells and Drakkar Lake), we still hadn't touched northern Jaga Moraine, or any of Norrhart Domains and Ice Cliff Chasms. And even that wasn't all norn territory before Jormag woke up, just what was explored in GW1 - we know from Drizzlewood that norn territory pre-Jormag extended that far west in the mountains, as the first shrine to the Spirits of the Wild resides there.

6 hours ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

The Orrian history scrolls state that, while the other Gods were building Arah, Lyssa was among the mortals giving them joy, and helping them forget their past.

Who Lyssa was helping forget the past is ambiguous - one could read it as referring to humans, or as referring to the other gods - or both.

"The two who are one, Issa and Lys, brought with her the hope and beauty of humanity. While the other gods focused on building Arah and beginning a new future, Lyssa gave them joy and helped them forget the past."

The sentence would suggest the latter, as it begins talking about the gods, then Lyssa and an ambiguous "them". The only time humanity is mentioned is with bringing the hope nad beauty of humanity - so there's no established act of Lyssa towards humanity in this entry.
And then there's Abaddon's entry:

"Among them was Abaddon—once secret-keeper, now betrayer. How you have fallen from the glorious days of old. What passed beyond in the Mists, only you remember."

Only Abaddon got to remember what happened beyond the Mists, implying that even the other gods had forgotten by the point Abaddon had fallen.

1 hour ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

Though I don't believe the gods had any intention of saving humanity from the dragons. In EoD we see full scale global apocalypse and yet none of the gods showed up to recuse humans while void was going crazy from Cantha to the Charr homelands. That books reads like a nutjob trying to justify his own belief.

How would the Six even know that the Void was in outbreak at that moment, when they were in other worlds far, far away, let alone be able to reach Tyria in time to act given that Void outbreak was there and gone in less than an hour.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

When dragons are gone there can be another way how bring them back. Asura testing new teleportation device but its fail and open portal to another reality where dragons are good and gods are evil with our evil version. So we can fight with dragons agains gods and evil version of heroes.

7 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

How would the Six even know that the Void was in outbreak at that moment, when they were in other worlds far, far away, let alone be able to reach Tyria in time to act given that Void outbreak was there and gone in less than an hour.

Generally speaking, if you're planning to save someone from something you put into place systems to watch over the people you're going to save so that you can save them when its needed. Like leaving a minion or two somewhere around Tyria so they can telephone the gods and be like "ITS HAPPENING!" Its rather pointless to find a place to evacuate humanity too if you aren't even aware of when they need to be evacuated huh?

Also, if you're planning on saving someone, you typically don't wait until the very last second to do so. The gods, if they had any real intention on saving humanity, would have started doing so the moment void issues became a thing in Cantha in the several month time frame between the defeat of Jormag and Primordus, and the beginning of EoD.

7 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Who Lyssa was helping forget the past is ambiguous - one could read it as referring to humans, or as referring to the other gods - or both.

Consider the following. How would Lyssa be helping the gods forget if she was with humanity in the village of Wren, while the other gods were building Arah?

You're doing that thing you love to do all the time where you're intentionally removing, and ignoring, part of the text to make it seem like its saying something other than whats actually being said. Specifically

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Orrian_History_Scrolls#The_Six

"The two who are one, Issa and Lys, brought with her the hope and beauty of humanity. While the other gods focused on building Arah and beginning a new future, Lyssa gave them joy and helped them forget the past."

"For a while she lived, veiled and hidden, in the village of Wren. When the building of Arah was completed Lyssa was commanded to join the other gods, though her tears fell like rain along the western road."

This also ties into the first 3 gods texts which state

"The first of the gods to step forth from the mists was Dwayna, goddess of air and life. She placed her pale foot on the stones of Arah, opened the gates, and brought humanity to the world."

"She chose Tyria and brought with her those who would make this world a paradise. As she had promised, Dwayna led her people to peace."

"Balthazar came in fire and wrath, carrying the head of his father and leading his fierce hounds, Temar and Tegon. He swept Orr with a cleansing flame."

"It was he who claimed Tyria for humanity; he who said the other races would be easy to defeat. It would not be the only time that the Master of War was wrong."

"Next came the goddess of nature. Wise Melandru, oldest of them all, made of Orr a green and flowering expanse. She urged peace with the races already present on this world, but her advice was not heeded."

"When she saw destruction, she brought creation. Where she saw anger, she grew love. With this, Melandru prepared for a future she knew would be troubled."

• Dwayna came first to where Arah would be built, decided to make it humanity's new home, and opened the gate bringing humans here.
  • Balthazar came second, burning Orr with his flame to cleanse it for humanity.
  • Melandru came third, urged peace between humans and the native races, and worked to prepare for human's future
  • Lyssa lived among humans in Wren, helping them forget their past, and bringing them joy.

So, in the end, context matters.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

Generally speaking, if you're planning to save someone from something you put into place systems to watch over the people you're going to save so that you can save them when its needed. Like leaving a minion or two somewhere around Tyria so they can telephone the gods and be like "ITS HAPPENING!" Its rather pointless to find a place to evacuate humanity too if you aren't even aware of when they need to be evacuated huh?

Also, if you're planning on saving someone, you typically don't wait until the very last second to do so. The gods, if they had any real intention on saving humanity, would have started doing so the moment void issues became a thing in Cantha in the several month time frame between the defeat of Jormag and Primordus, and the beginning of EoD.

You have to remember how the situation on the planet of Tyria was made worse and rapidly degraded thanks to well, us darn heroes. The last ten years rapidly advanced the dangers faced by the good guys in several ways like Mordremoth's early awakening, the transfer of power between the dead dragons to living dragons, etc. IF, and huge IF here, they were planning to find a suitable planet and come back for humanity, they likely had looked at how things were going and went "We got X amount of years to go before things go completely dead." And then us heroes took X amount of years and turned it into B amount of years.

The gods purposefully placed themselves to be far away from the dragons who ate magic (being purely magical beings themselves).

That still feels like blaming homeowners who're out of country on a business trip being unable to show up within the hour when the alarm notification of a break and enter happens in their home.

That's not really something you can blame the homeowners for. And I don't think you can blame the Six for not having a "teleport back to home" button in their inventory when they thought that the destruction of the Elder Dragons meant the world's destruction. I doubt they could predict how it would happen or that it'd happen all of a sudden. Even if they got notified - which is a big if for even if they could be notified - when the Void broke out, I doubt that they who didn't even know of the Elder Dragons' existence when they broke the Bloodstone would know if they could even do anything when it happened.

You're basically making multiple assumptions:

1. That the Six Gods knew of the Void and how it would outbreak.
  2. That the Six Gods had a way to tell them of the Void's outbreak.
  3. That they could reach Tyria in time.
  4. That they believed they could do an immediate evacuation when the Void outbreaks.

The Void was not a thing until Ankka used the extractor on Soo-Won in the reactor, and even then, it was contained and not an actual outbreak until we used the modified extractor on Soo-Won during The Only One.

You're talking about months, but between the end of Act 2 and the end of Act 5, there were at most weeks happening, and during The Only One, there was at most hours.

As for "not waiting until the very last second" - you are again making the assumption that the Six Gods has a place to take people to. The entire point that the Garden of the Gods book makes is that the Six Gods do not have a place to take people, so they simply cannot save people yet. A worst case scenario would be taking entire populations into the Mists, which is an unstable and unhealthy lifestyle - look at what happened to the Aetherblades after 5 years in the Mists, and you suggest to do that to entire civilizations?

Consider the following. How would Lyssa be helping the gods forget if she was with humanity in the village of Wren, while the other gods were building Arah?

You're doing that thing you love to do all the time where you're intentionally removing, and ignoring, part of the text to make it seem like its saying something other than whats actually being said. Specifically

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Orrian_History_Scrolls#The_Six

If the sentences were reversed, I would agree with you. But read it as its presented: Lyssa helped individuals forget the past then lived in Wren while the gods built Arah. You typically describe things in the order it happened in this kind of prose - which is how all the other entries, including Dwayna's, talks about.

This also ties into the first 3 gods texts which state

• Dwayna came first to where Arah would be built, decided to make it humanity's new home, and opened the gate bringing humans here.
  • Balthazar came second, burning Orr with his flame to cleanse it for humanity.
  • Melandru came third, urged peace between humans and the native races, and worked to prepare for human's future
  • Lyssa lived among humans in Wren, helping them forget their past, and bringing them joy.

So, in the end, context matters.

I agree. Context matters, and in the order of events actually presented it would be:

1. Dwayna arrives from the Mists and brings humanity to the world.
    1. She then promises a future of peace.
  2. Balthazar shows up burning the land of Orr with cleansing flame.
    1. He then seeks to set humanity to conquer Tyria.
  3. Melandru shows up regrowing the land of Orr with verdant plantlife.
    1. She then prepares for a trouble future.
  4. Lyssa helped people forget while the gods focused on building Arah.
    1. She then began living among humans until Arah was finished.
  5. Abaddon falls from his glorious days and is the only one to remember what happened beyond the Mists.
    1. Knowledge of him is erased from history.
  6. Grenth becomes a new god.

Of course, however, we know from the Scriptures of Grenth that 6 happens before 5, so we cannot be absolutely sure that the order of events depicted in the Orrian History Scrolls is actually from top-down chronologically. So it's impossible to truly know if the follow-up sentence is intended as a "this happened then that happened", which would suggest Lyssa made the other gods forget especially in context of Abaddon's entry, or if it can happen in any order. It's equally possible that the order of events is only in regard to the individual gods' entries and not each other - or that Grenth is the oddball because he's the youngest god so only his is out of order.

Again, like I said:

14 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

But since you claim that I'm "doing the that thing you love to do all the time where you're intentionally removing, and ignoring, part of the text" - but I'm saying it depends on how you're interpreting it. I'm not saying it is anything in specific, unlike you who denies anything but your own interpretation. As usual, you claim I'm being pertinacious when I am not even insisting on any one particular viewpoint, merely suggesting another.
I see continuing discussion and trying to present alternative possibilities with you remains pointless, since me saying "it can be this, that, or both" to your ears means "it can be this and only this".

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086

12 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

You have to remember how the situation on the planet of Tyria was made worse and rapidly degraded thanks to well, us darn heroes. The last ten years rapidly advanced the dangers faced by the good guys in several ways like Mordremoth's early awakening, the transfer of power between the dead dragons to living dragons, etc. IF, and huge IF here, they were planning to find a suitable planet and come back for humanity, they likely had looked at how things were going and went "We got X amount of years to go before things go completely dead." And then us heroes took X amount of years and turned it into B amount of years.

The gods purposefully placed themselves to be far away from the dragons who ate magic (being purely magical beings themselves).

I don't really buy this for a few reasons

1. Grenth at least was still around during the time the Pact was assaulting Orr, and getting close to Zhaitan.
  2. Kormir was still around after the deaths of Zhaitan and Mordremoth, and knew Balthazar was going after Kralk, and may kill him.
  3. The Six actively worked with both Glint and the Forgotten for ages before their departure. Glint and the Forgotten having set up a multi-thousand year plan to destroy the Elder Dragons, and both Glint and Kralkatorrik, having prophetic dreams about a future without the dragons.

I don't buy the idea that the gods didn't know we were killing the Elder Dragons, or that Glint was setting everyone up specifically TO kill the Elder Dragons. They may not have known Glint's exact plan, since she kept the knowledge of what exactly was going to happen after Kralk's death secret even from the Exalted, but they had to have known unless Anet writes them as being blind, deaf, and dumb, to a tremendous degree.

Kormir especially has no reason to not tell the other gods "the mortals have already killed two, and are on the path to killing a third" after leaving in PoF.

• Confused 1

I don't really buy this for a few reasons

1. Grenth at least was still around during the time the Pact was assaulting Orr, and getting close to Zhaitan.
  2. Kormir was still around after the deaths of Zhaitan and Mordremoth, and knew Balthazar was going after Kralk, and may kill him.
  3. The Six actively worked with both Glint and the Forgotten for ages before their departure. Glint and the Forgotten having set up a multi-thousand year plan to destroy the Elder Dragons, and both Glint and Kralkatorrik, having prophetic dreams about a future without the dragons.

I don't buy the idea that the gods didn't know we were killing the Elder Dragons, or that Glint was setting everyone up specifically TO kill the Elder Dragons. They may not have known Glint's exact plan, since she kept the knowledge of what exactly was going to happen after Kralk's death secret even from the Exalted, but they had to have known unless Anet writes them as being blind, deaf, and dumb, to a tremendous degree.

Kormir especially has no reason to not tell the other gods "the mortals have already killed two, and are on the path to killing a third" after leaving in PoF.

And things rapidly degraded after Balthazar died.

The glint/forgotten plan appears to have no included the gods in their plotting, and we know both predate the gods actually coming around with humanity. Given how Forgotten disappeared from human radars for a long time after Abaddon went down...

Kormir makes it clear they weren't going to be willingly face to face with the dragons, and so it's reasonable that they aren't going to be near.

I'm not saying they "didn't know we were killing dragons". But that they didn't know how rapidly the system was destabilizing under our actions for the world.

As Konig mentioned, the system entirely broke for an hour or so, and was restored. Not enough time for them to react and/or save huge chunks of humanity either way.