Achievement leader boards are kind of moot - Please update / fix AP so it has equality across the board

Lama.2735

AP is a way to reward players for their loyalty to the game by giving rewards in the form of chests. Just because a newer player does not have the all the reward shinies is no excuse to punish a player that has played since Day One. 

The system is fine just play more hour's, And some of the titles are from Guild Wars achievements in the Hall of Monuments and some are from past Competitive Seasons so why do you want to take away another person's achievements 

Edited by Biermeister.4678
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

There really is no bigger picture here, there is no issue, nothing to be fixed or addressed. 

Exactly, The reason  no-one see this 'picture' is because there isn't one, the AP per hour played for the first x hours for a new player is the same as a veteran that started on day 1.  My advice to OP is that if you must compete, then divide their score and your score by /played.

Edited by vesica tempestas.1563
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

35 minutes ago, Ziooo.8932 said:

I find it amusing how little Guild Wars 2 players care about Guild Wars 2. 

lol irony bomb alert:

official Forums are a circus. Everyone talks, spews their personal opinions as if it's everybody else's. Attack each other as if they're at war. Refuse to try and understand the other side, for their own side can never be wrong....'

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

@OP, If there was a set amount of AP then I may have a different view, but achievements are constantly added. You may have missed some AP since you started later than others, but what you missed can be achieved via all the new content. As others have said, it isn't a competition, and there is no finish line. I'm sure if what is currently the last bouncy chest (what, 60,000 AP?) comes within reach, that more goals will just be added.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

The only problem with the ap system is that it has not been updated since HoT.   We now have people who have passed tier with missing rewards, 45k,  and are approaching another blank reward teir 48k. 

Just further proof that it is in the systems graveyard along with things like guild missions.

The 45k tier isn't actually missing. It just has fewer things. One less item is not the same as nothing.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Ziooo.8932 said:

I find it amusing how little Guild Wars 2 players care about Guild Wars 2. 

What made you think that? Just because very few cares about the Leaderboard? Not caring about that is not the same as not caring about achievements and the rewards that comes from obtaining APs.

Very very few even know rhat the Leaderboard exist. Players go to the main site to read the news but even then, few really bother to do so. There's really very little reason to click on the links unless you're a new player or need to contact Support

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

While I can understand the frustration about ap not available, anet did remove these for a reason. They capped daily ap as well for a reason. What the reason is, I do not know, but I’m sure they had a valid reason for doing so. 

Even if they did open up all of them, it would take years to accumulate maximum points. And if they did open daily ap like it was before, remember you’ll never be able to catch up to the veterans who plays and do dailies as well. And doing festivals every year for the 50 points. It may be unrealistic to expect to be able to complete every point available. Mmos are not games for completionists. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Lama.2735 said:

It's like playing a racing game competitively and professionally;  Only the 10 year old veterans can use the shortcuts and special power ups provided compared to a brand new player is stuck with a junk car and everybody telling the new player to DEAL WITH IT!

This analogy makes no sense. AP is a number to show how much you have completed in game. You want to take away all the years of playing from other players because you think it’s unfair that they started playing this game before you??

• Like 4
  • Confused 1