Black Friday Sale?

this is ridiculous, black friday is only for the  rich players in this game because gem prices are crazy, just came back from the gym and saw 400 gems cost 160 gold :@ this is not a sale except when you use your wallet. but i was planning to use my wallet for mountainbike clothes and nothing game related. this is very toxic practice, and yes anet can't control the gem/gold balance. but this looks unfair like real life sometimes. 

there should be an option that you make a list of items that are on sale now and when the gem prices are back to 'normal' then you contact support and ask them to mail you the items that were on sale and take away your gems. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

While I agree with you, anet also gave us 2 weeks to buy cheaper gems before sales. Also there were black friday sales almost every year? Enough time to buy gems in advance cause it was obvious they will go up in price. 

Anyway, if you do the math you will find out that for example bag slots are now still cheaper to buy than if gems are for 120g.

58 minutes ago, titje.2745 said:

this is ridiculous, black friday is only for the  rich players in this game because gem prices are crazy, just came back from the gym and saw 400 gems cost 160 gold :@ this is not a sale except when you use your wallet. but i was planning to use my wallet for mountainbike clothes and nothing game related. this is very toxic practice, and yes anet can't control the gem/gold balance. but this looks unfair like real life sometimes. 

there should be an option that you make a list of items that are on sale now and when the gem prices are back to 'normal' then you contact support and ask them to mail you the items that were on sale and take away your gems. 

So why did you not buy gems for gold when it was cheaper during the other 10 months this year and stock up?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, titje.2745 said:

and yes anet can't control the gem/gold balance

I thought it's their programmed game.

Sure they can do something.

But they won't.

Don't take responsibility from them to blame the gamers.

16 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

So why did you not buy gems for gold when it was cheaper during the other 10 months this year and stock up?

Spent it on other things - it's not like Anet announced what will be on sale when to plan long ahead. And the gold/gems ratio has been poor for weeks.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

i bought gems for stylish shoes, and i am trying to reach 1k gold. i skip many things often because before every time there was something nice i had to save up gold again from the start. 

now i spend all my gems 🙂 bought 4 bagslots. 

Edited by titje.2745
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, titje.2745 said:

now i spend all my gems 🙂 bought 4 bagslots. 

Gems are up about 40% and bag slots have a 40% discount. You could have always bought them when the gem price was 115 gold or less. With less you would have saved. So you have actually saved nothing. Or did you happen to need bag slots right now?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Gems are up about 40% and bag slots have a 40% discount. You could have always bought them when the gem price was 115 gold or less. With less you would have saved. So you have actually saved nothing. Or did you happen to need bag slots right now?

😭😭😭😭 i am not a math wonder or nerd. So then i wasted my gems. F this whole black friday trash. 

so the discount is only when you spend real money. Or be rich ingame. 

Edited by titje.2745
  • Confused 3