Tone Deaf Sales BF deals...

There needs to be a way to Seperately get the LW as a bundle, The fact that ANET is forcing people to rebuy the entire game again to get all the LW is pretty messed up. What if you have the full game an expansions already and have a fully established account? Why would you want to buy a whole other game set just to get the LWs as a bundle.... this is the most slap in the face sale I have ever seen. At least make a bundle for gems! 

• Like 6
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, subgenius.7649 said:

I do believe you are missing the point of the bundle... and as a BF deal. Yes we all know they are in the shop, but this is a perfect time for them to push this exact type of special weekend only deal to push sales on something that people have been asking for, for years.

They put the LW bundles on sale periodically.  When they are discounted, you can even buy the individual chapters at a discount or the whole season. 

I don’t know they they have been on sale since EoD. Id check the Holiday or March sales for the next time they may get added. 

• Like 3

The LWS is indeed always available, you can buy single episodes or the complete Season Package which is then already 20% off.
I think it has even been free of charge twice.

First when the episodes where introduced and a second time when the return to saga started… correct me if I am wrong.

One season package is 900 gems, so around 11 dollar.
Season 2 is 1280 gems due to it having more episodes than the rest, so around 16 dollar.

If you dont want to buy them unlocking them requires via the gemstore 4880 gems that is around 1620 gold atm.

Also its not required to unlock all at once.

900 gems = 325 gold

1280 gems = 462 gold

Absolutely farmable if we consider having the base game gives you access to fractals and silverwastes and having the expansions even more access to farmable maps.

• Like 2

I get what you are saying op, why not bundle all the LWS in one black friday package, instead of all expansions too. 80 bucks is a lot for some LWS . Yeah i think they should have done a LWS beginning to end bundle, I wouldnt pay 80 bucks for LWS either I dont need the expansions I have them /shrug. Prob best you just buy the seasons you need 

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, roederich.2716 said:

The LWS is indeed always available, you can buy single episodes or the complete Season Package which is then already 20% off.
I think it has even been free of charge twice.

First when the episodes where introduced and a second time when the return to saga started… correct me if I am wrong.

One season package is 900 gems, so around 11 dollar.
Season 2 is 1280 gems due to it having more episodes than the rest, so around 16 dollar.

If you dont want to buy them unlocking them requires via the gemstore 4880 gems that is around 1620 gold atm.

Also its not required to unlock all at once.

900 gems = 325 gold

1280 gems = 462 gold

Absolutely farmable if we consider having the base game gives you access to fractals and silverwastes and having the expansions even more access to farmable maps.

You are preaching to the choir, I have been playing on and off for since the begining, I have them all, It isnt for me. It is for all the people who got into the game at the 10 year anniversary, who instead of going the steam route which is adding a middle man to the mix, but went with the pure ANET version. I have 6 RL friends who just started playing, all got the combo of 3x expacs, and are all now wanting to get a LW bundle for BF deals. So what are they met with? A bundle that forces you to buy the game again to then get the LWs. There should be an option outside of the gemstore to get these, seeing as how they can offer them anyways outside of the gemstore as long as you buy the game again. Do you not see the irony in it? 

I understand the gold for gems argument, I know the free giveaways that happen occasionally. This is all well and good, but this not being an option is silly. People wanting to throw reasonable money at the game shouldn't be fought against. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, subgenius.7649 said:

There needs to be a way to Seperately get the LW as a bundle, The fact that ANET is forcing people to rebuy the entire game again to get all the LW is pretty messed up. What if you have the full game an expansions already and have a fully established account? Why would you want to buy a whole other game set just to get the LWs as a bundle.... this is the most slap in the face sale I have ever seen. At least make a bundle for gems! 

I do think they should offer the whole LW package sale as well (although I have them all).  The title and the "slap in the face" though is just going a little overboard just because they didn't have it.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

They put the LW bundles on sale periodically.  When they are discounted, you can even buy the individual chapters at a discount or the whole season. 

I don’t know they they have been on sale since EoD. Id check the Holiday or March sales for the next time they may get added. 

The last sale ended 3 weeks ago on November 1.

• Thanks 1

The complete collection only saves you $2 normally ($7 currently) compared to buying the seasons in-game. If you already had 1 episode unlocked, it wouldn't be worth it, so it's unlikely they'd ever offer it separately. For comparison, the seasons were just 20% off ($9.73) last month and will likely be 30% off ($15.60) in March.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, subgenius.7649 said:

Does buying each LW season separately  seem to in the slightest bit be what I am talking about?

According to your original post... yes. 

You said it was wrong to make people buy the whole game just to get the living world, and it should be sold separately.  Parasite posted the links to buy them separately... but that is not good enough?   True, it is not a single bundle, but most people probably do not need to buy every single one. Buying each season seems quite reasonable.  There are numerous ways to get the living world content. 😎

• Like 2

I don't understand how there's enough of a difference between getting the LW seasons from the gem store and getting them as a bundle that it matters. The end result is the same and the extra steps involved are minimal, so I don't see why it bothers anyone.

The only other time I remember a complaint like this coming up it was for another MMO where the problem was you couldn't buy enough of the cash shop currency in one go to pay for all the DLC, so you had to do multiple payments for the same thing and then some banks flagged it as suspicious activity and blocked the card or cancelled the payments, which isn't the case here.

• Like 4