Mirage in WvW after patch

ppackk.8741

Good morning fellow mirage mesmers,

Im mostly a pvp/WvW player and i have been enjoying for a while roaming with my mirage staff/axe. I'm a little bit worried about the incoming patch fort the followed reasons:

We can all agree that Mirage is nowadays NOT OP, he is very fun to play but his dmg or sustainbility is far from great.

The alacrity nerf on staff, to be fair:

1- Its understable because it is really strong vs raid bosses.

2-Dosen't affect my gameplay style because i normally spawn 2 to 3 clones in when i'm engaging (Rune passive + nº2 skill + staff ambush and Deceptive Evasion passive effect).

The thing it worried me more is the Might boon stack reduction: I really dont get it, as i said the damage of this build is far from OK, the staff barely do damage and if you remove the might stack the only source of decent damage would be the axe skills. It is an unecessary nerf to a not OP class.

It would be nice if Anet only aplies the new patch to PVE or if they remove the might nerf.

I would like to know your thought about this subjet.

Thank you and sorry for my bad english.

• Like 9
  • Confused 3

Seeing how brief and blunt the mesmer patch notes are, I'm further assured not to give a kitten because every time it looks like they don't want to get hands dirty with mesmer beyond putting some plasters on with the least amount of effort.

Having that (singular) mirage change be applied across modes without anything else is ridiculous.

I'll just continue to login for fashion wars every now and then. Maybe 2 dodges come back in the next decade, maybe not.

Edited by Curunen.8729
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

I think scepter is overshadowed by staff for a while now for mirage, staff change is clearly a nerf from spvp perspective, considering the average lifespan of a clone and what it takes to have a decent clone generation in said environment, but still a logical nerf there imo. I think the missing part and the fact is mirage got one of its last few good level builds in pvp nerfed, and now requires compensation more than ever especially for the sake of variety. 

I feel like every mesmer change is either; incomplete in the grand scheme of things (i can’t comprehend what that might be), or just not well thought (especially after seeing the more in-depth changes made for other classes).

I also wonder, after the PoF release but late, did the mesmer got nerfed to the ground when actually other classes needed to get buffed ? I say that because then kinda most, if not all, other classes got buffed imo in general while mesmer stayed still for a pretty long time.

Still, i feel like with the 4 steps back and 5 steps forward kinda patches, mesmer will eventually be good and fun again (at least to me) but probably will take longer to get there than i have patience for.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Singed.6217 said:

I think scepter is overshadowed by staff for a while now for mirage, staff change is clearly a nerf from spvp perspective, considering the average lifespan of a clone and what it takes to have a decent clone generation in said environment, but still a logical nerf there imo. I think the missing part and the fact is mirage got one of its last few good level builds in pvp nerfed, and now requires compensation more than ever especially for the sake of variety. 

I feel like every mesmer change is either; incomplete in the grand scheme of things (i can’t comprehend what that might be), or just not well thought (especially after seeing the more in-depth changes made for other classes).

I also wonder, after the PoF release but late, did the mesmer got nerfed to the ground when actually other classes needed to get buffed ? I say that because then kinda most, if not all, other classes got buffed imo in general while mesmer stayed still for a pretty long time.

Still, i feel like with the 4 steps back and 5 steps forward kinda patches, mesmer will eventually be good and fun again (at least to me) but probably will take longer to get there than i have patience for.

It was always going to be a problematic class and this is only furthered by Mirage. As soon as you pair Clones with a core GW2 mechanic "Dodge" you have a recipe for repeated nerfs or changes.

To be perfectly honest I think there is a silver lining to this in the long run. The more Elites they add the more things like Mirage having a dodge to damage mechanic seems less OP. I think main proof of this is they have begun removing almost all the tradeoffs.

• Confused 7

19 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

It was always going to be a problematic class and this is only furthered by Mirage. As soon as you pair Clones with a core GW2 mechanic "Dodge" you have a recipe for repeated nerfs or changes.

To be perfectly honest I think there is a silver lining to this in the long run. The more Elites they add the more things like Mirage having a dodge to damage mechanic seems less OP. I think main proof of this is they have begun removing almost all the tradeoffs.

Yeah the dodge to damage mechanic was one of those things that just kitten on this game's combat.

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Justine.6351 said:

Yeah the dodge to damage mechanic was one of those things that just kitten on this game's combat.

Then they should rework it instead of taking it apart and leaving it an unplayable mess in PvP and WvW - PvE is NOT the only game mode in this game. 

Address the problem for what it is, don't just sweep it under the rug Anet. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Maybe soon, this current patch was more pve focused. 

They rolled the Trade-offs in the Oct patches now this one was pve. I see no reason to think that would/will be the case.

The lack or Axe fix, mention of axe issue, or anything after the one dev post to Mesmer forums about axe bug + CMC claiming they plan to remove all trade-offs then never mention or state clearly what each of those trade offs are then not rolling back Mirage's trade-off says it all.

They just lack any credibility until they come out and talk about it and what plan they have if any. Otherwise, why waste any players time considering all this. Its not up to us.

If Anet chooses to 100% ignore feedback and keep listening to the same few bias voices than why would it change?

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

They rolled the Trade-offs in the Oct patches now this one was pve. I see no reason to think that would/will be the case.

The lack or Axe fix, mention of axe issue, or anything after the one dev post to Mesmer forums about axe bug + CMC claiming they plan to remove all trade-offs then never mention or state clearly what each of those trade offs are then not rolling back Mirage's trade-off says it all.

They just lack any credibility until they come out and talk about it and what plan they have if any. Otherwise, why waste any players time considering all this. Its not up to us.

If Anet chooses to 100% ignore feedback and keep listening to the same few bias voices than why would it change?

Well, we can only hope

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2