choosing class

PaNToCiD.8721

Hi everyone! Guys, i really need your help. I love to play with Ranged heroes, not with melee weapons. I need to choose a hero with ranged but there are no ranged heroes in "meta". Also i want to choose healer but again there is not normal healer (Ranged). Can u tell me what i can to chose? I wanna to play "Guardian" with Staff or "Druid" with staff. By playing and asking in game i understand that ranged heroes are not really good here. But this is MMORPG... Where is Archer with Bow? Or elementalist (Mage) with staff? So i have 3 questions
1. What a hero i can choose with ranged weapons, but who is in "meta"?
2. Should we wait for "buffing" ranged heroes in GW2?
3. Is there tank heroes exept Guardian?
Thanks!

Edited by PaNToCiD.8721

1 minute ago, Sarius.9285 said:

в мете есть много билдов дальнего боя, дело в том, что вы складываетесь в ближнем бою, поэтому каждый может получить блага и баффы от группы 

Вы можете играть с луком или посохом, но в конечном итоге будете стоять в ближнем бою. 

Oh u mean need just stay close to friends rigth? But i looked and played with Ranger long bow, i feel that she is not doing damage...

2 minutes ago, PaNToCiD.8721 said:

Oh u mean need just stay close to friends rigth? But i looked and played with Ranger long bow, i feel that she is not doing damage...

yes just stay in range in group content.

Ranger longbow is a strong build, but it obviously needs to right gear and traits 

Just now, Sarius.9285 said:

yes just stay in range in group content.

Ranger longbow is a strong build, but it obviously needs to right gear and traits 

About gears - I`m going with her Power, precition and ferocity. And where i can look to bilds? If not hard can you share with me?

On 11/23/2022 at 9:26 AM, PaNToCiD.8721 said:

Hi everyone! Guys, i really need your help. I love to play with Ranged heroes, not with melee weapons. I need to choose a hero with ranged but there are no ranged heroes in "meta". Also i want to choose healer but again there is not normal healer (Ranged). Can u tell me what i can to chose? I wanna to play "Guardian" with Staff or "Druid" with staff. By playing and asking in game i understand that ranged heroes are not really good here. But this is MMORPG... Where is Archer with Bow? Or elementalist (Mage) with staff? So i have 3 questions
Thanks!

Machinist has a meta DPS build that uses only rifle, while Druid uses staff for healing which is a ranged weapon. You'll still need to stay close to allies though or you won't get (or give) heals and boons.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

Axe/axe is a good option on Ranger for both ranged and melee combat.  Condi Scourge (necro) with scepter/torch and warhorn is a great condi DPS build that you can run in raids (where appropriate) and strikes without worry of being kicked.  Power Virtuoso is a ranged mesmer build.  Condi Renegade has a build that you can basically camp shortbow and still do alac (used to be meta and is still great in open-world).  Power Rifle mech and pistol/pistol condi mech are both great ranged builds.  Rifle Deadeye for thief.  There are many, many ranged builds that work. 

When looking on Snowcrows, keep in mind that their main focus is raids.  So what is listed as "viable" is still very good, and even most, if not all, of the legacy builds are going to be good in open-world PvE, and may still find a spot in squads for raids and strikes.

Most classes have access to some ranged weapon that's decent enough to be their main weapon.  

Ranged characters are as strong as melee. They do more reliable damage in many of the end-game situations because bosses like to move and teleport around, or knock you away from them. Some ranged characters need to go to melee to combo their strongest abilities (traps, AoE, poison, pet skills, etc)

Every class can be a tank. Some tanking is based on mechanics, other is based on 'Toughness' stat. To be a good tank you need self healing some damage reduction. Revenant and Guardian are probably the best for this, but I was a tank as Mesmer, Necromancer, Elementalist, even Thief.