Shall infusions be legendary items and addable to the wardrobe?

Shall infusions be legendary items and addable to the wardrobe?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Shall infusions be legendary items and addable to the wardrobe?

• Yes!
    • No!

how would they stack for visual effects? or is it like duel wielding the same legendary sword? (you need to craft it, and bind it, twice to have the same legendary in each hand)
add six of the same infusion to the armory in order to be able to slot all six to your gear?

The affect on the trading post could be interesting.  Right now I would be satisfied to have one rare infusion on my main.  I would never bother to buy eight of the same infusion, even if slotting them all made that visual effect more impressive.  It feels prohibitively expensive.  However, if I could put them into an armory, I would never worry about accidentally destroying them. I could also use them all on each of my toons simultaneously.

How does an infusion armory affect supply and demand? 

The method and effort of obtaining infusions would not change, however binding one to an armory permanently removes it from the market. 
Does the lack of resale lower supply in a significant way?

If infusions are a permanent armory investment do more buyers become "one and done" collectors? 

or:

Do more buyers decide to buy repeat infusions for strengthening a single visual effect on several toons at once?

Is an armory bad for selling infusions that don't visually stack with themselves?  Right now some people have bought multiples to apply the effect to multiple toons, that would stop if infusions could be added to an armory. 

It does have to be looked at from a seller's point of view, since they will be the ones spending time in meta events and fighting bosses.  If an infusion isn't worth the time to collect, then supply plummets as sellers chase a different infusion to sell instead.

How much of the current infusion market is from repeat buyers?  Would the ability to bind infusions to an armory increase or decrease the number of repeat buyers?

Edited by Zebulous.2934
Didn't like my attempt at grammer
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Possible upgrade of any infusion to legendary status and addition to armoury. The cost of upgrade would be between 15-20 +9 agony infusions. You would need to spend infusions themselves for the upgrade. 

This way we don't completely crash the agony infusion market but enable flexibility after you invest to some point.  

I think there are two ways to go with this, either of which I'd support:

1) Account bind the physical infusion, which then unlocks an infusion effect in the wardrobe, with X number of "Effect" slots added to the Wardrobe panel.

2) Unlock the infusion itself in the Legendary Armoury, and then you can equip that infusion on any character as normal.

I definitely prefer (2) because Agony is an awful system for experimenting with new builds/classes, but it would be pretty huge in terms of impact.

In both cases, I'd probably make this a "Right click to account bind" addition to the current system, rather than replace it.  Basically give people the option to permanently unlock the infusion across characters, or keep it sellable but only available on one character at a time.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

Had i the power to do it, i'd set it up like

Create legendary infusion same way you create legendary runes and sigils, crafting them unlocks +5 stat +9 ar/WvW options and the no stat higher ar options with zero visuals (maybe even unlock a new visual created specifically for legendary infusions).

Having a legendary infusion allows you to consume cosmetic aura infusions, permanently deleting it from inventory and adding it to the list of infusion visuals you can select for your legendary infusions. Consuming an infusion unlocks a single slot like legendary weapons/runes/sigils so you would still need to own and consume 8 of a cosmetic infusion to be able fully stack it. 

Basically like the gen 3 legendaries, you might have unlocked the legendary and now have a legendary weapon for every char on your account where you can choose any stat, but you still need to go out and earn the alternative variant visuals for each weapon.

Customise lets you choose any stat combo of the infusion plus any cosmetic that you own to the limit of how many of that cosmetic you own or zero visuals stats only if desired.

So nothing should really change other than you could use your infusions on multiple characters rather than just one, which people can do now anyway with swapping them between chars.

Edited by Bookah pls.9352
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

It would significant;y drop the price

Is that true?  Yes you'd no longer need multiple for different characters, but they'd also no longer be resellable after equipping.  Not sure how that would balance out, but I'd personally expect the price to go up, at least at first, due to the increased utility.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

well,  I do wonder about the listings at the bottom.  You know the listings that are double the price of the cheapest sell listing.  I am sure it cost a good bit of gold to post them, but I am equally sure such listings will never sell.   Some of them stay there for months.  Can we, in practicality, say that those listings are in play?  Aren't they actually frozen assets?  Sure, it is the stubbornness of the seller that is keeping that listing stuck but it is stuck all the same.  They set their price too high to buy.  

Make them to be added to the wardrobe and higher their droprate drastically. We are here in computer game to have fun and we are not here to never loot the item we want. Some peeps farming metas for ages not getting what they are there for. So pog fungame.

time for a change in infusons.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

What a great way to destroy the economy. The only way this suggestion makes sense is if it is for the ones you get that are accountbound that you can't get any more of (dwarven or moto for example).

If you want higher drop rate then add a non-RNG way similar to raids, fractals, and strikes where it requires currencies.

Keep in mind you are talking about Veblen goods. The moment a cosmetic is super common it devalues severely.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

You would eliminate the need for people to have more than 1.  That means the demand will go down and supply will go up.

First, if it worked the same way the legendary equipment currently does, you'd need not 1, but 18 of those to fill all slots (that's when not counting underwater gear, btw). And since the basic non-cosmetic fractal infusions would likely not be part of this system, this might actually end up with increased demand for the ones that would go into the wardrobe. And if you consider that the ones in the wardrobe would be permanently taken out of circulation, the supply would drop down as well.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

very true, but there are a few infusions that don't stack with themselves each player would only intentionally collect 1.  Though as you pointed out, more folk may want those since just buying 1 would apply it to all of their characters. 
How many farmers would suffer from just switching to a farm that has visually stacking infusions, instead of these singleton infusions?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

What a great way to destroy the economy. The only way this suggestion makes sense is if it is for the ones you get that are accountbound that you can't get any more of (dwarven or moto for example).

If you want higher drop rate then add a non-RNG way similar to raids, fractals, and strikes where it requires currencies.

Keep in mind you are talking about Veblen goods. The moment a cosmetic is super common it devalues severely.

i wont mind if they lose value. as said we are in a computer game, i want to have fun and loot nice items. there is no reason such infusion cost 10k gold or something just because drop rate is low and some people find it cool to collect virtual gold all over the place. so i dont care for infusions economy, the people who grind gold trades in this game should rather spend their time and earn real life money instead of spoiling my fun in asking digits of gold for stuff.

time to dry the barons out who manipulate the market since years but are still not blocked in the game. 

like in pvp anet is also in terms of item trades and market manipulation way to ignorant to the problems.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

7 minutes ago, roederich.2716 said:

i wont mind if they lose value. as said we are in a computer game, i want to have fun and loot nice items. there is no reason such infusion cost 10k gold or something just because drop rate is low and some people find it cool to collect virtual gold all over the place. so i dont care for infusions economy, the people who grind gold trades in this game should rather spend their time and earn real life money instead of spoiling my fun in asking digits of gold for stuff.

time to dry the barons out who manipulate the market since years but are still not blocked in the game. 

like in pvp anet is also in terms of item trades and market manipulation way to ignorant to the problems.

The thing is after you got your first few it is not nice loot anymore it is the same as the blue and green unidentified gear you get atm.

With getting anything you want playing 15 mins a day what do you have left to play for?

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

The thing is after you got your first few it is not nice loot anymore it is the same as the blue and green unidentified gear you get atm.

With getting anything you want playing 15 mins a day what do you have left to play for?

i never said it must be looted in 15 minutes but in GW1 if one played the same content over and over there was at least a success at one point.  here people farm since ages and dont get the item dropped. 

so infusions could be legendary with a more realistic droprate and every droprate matching this is already drastically higher than this low percentage is it now considering alot of people are in the meta and still no drops for noone on daily basis.... cant be pog fungame...

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

You would eliminate the need for people to have more than 1.  That means the demand will go down and supply will go up.

Yes, but you'd be account binding them, so the supply wouldn't actually go up.  Also, because the items are now more useful, demand would actually go up.

If anything this could risk them becoming really expensive because the supply would be permanently drained, and the items themselves would be much more sought after.

• Confused 3