Jade mech beggining to really get on my nerves

SoulGuardian.6203

I'm guilty myself of being one of the pinheads that requested the mechanist. (Golemancer)

I now hate myself for that.

I saw that going differently in my mind. I always had the idea that it would be much smaller, and wasn't so overpowered. 

I bloody hate the darn things. So much so, that I reverted my engie to scrapper, and will never, ever use the bugger thing again... unless these changes, by some miracle, someday, will happen:

1. Reduce the size of the darn things to at least half. Ideally to a 1/5 of the size.

All I see everywhere is green robots covering my entire vision of the field and enemies.

I can't see sugar plums when these things are around.

2. The noises they make. Oh my sweet jesus.

Please make the sounds on these things much less annoying.

3. Reduce their firepower drastically. 

I can't hit a kitten thing with these skilless cogs around.

Constantly stealing my kills.

Sacrifice their firepower but instead replace F1 to F3 skills when they run out of HP and fly off .

So that way they are balanced with at least most classes, and the engineer isn't at a disadvantage. 

Having said that, I don't think I'll use Mechanist often ever again.

The entire Elite Spec is just complete and utter nuisance and throughout annoying as heck.

I blame myself for ever requesting this piece of short circuits metal bin.

On a side note:

I wish that I could take my request back, so this nonsense would have never been conceived. 

Probably was going to happen in any event.

I'm just not sure how much ANet listens to us.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

A case of be careful what you wish for you might get it?

If mechanist is nerfed such that only heal mechanist and condi mechanist with multiple kits (the meta one is 2 kits now, see https://snowcrows.com/builds/engineer/mechanist/condition-mechanist) is strong you won't see it much in openworld. Openworld favors pDPS short of bosses that don't phase. That's why I've been against the idea of rifle mechanist being the strongest way to play power engineer since engineer already had two power based specs (holo and scrapper). 

I've very rarely seen condi mech actually so if power mechanist falls out of favor, I don't expect it to be as common in openworld PVE which is where having multiple mechs on a target is more clutter.

In the meantime, Arenanet could probably solve some of the clutter by making allied mechs not in your party or squad invisible with a setting.

Edited by Infusion.7149

I was fighting tooth and nail against this "golemancer" nonsense that was thrown around here on the forum as our new elite spec.... And now we are stuck with that thing. I hold a very deep grudge against everyone who advocated for that idea.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Meh, doesn't bug me that much tbh. I still love the mechs despites people's whining on it. They are fine as is for people that don't like Engis old carpel tunnel playstyle. And yes, I do play mine occasionally, but I have been more in a magic like mood, so I have been focusing on Harbinger and Virtusuo more lately.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Yes nerf Mechanist even more because its not already trash enough for any form of PvP content and in PvE, condi Mechanist is the only good condi build Engineer has that is able to compete against other build like Untamed Bladesworn Virtuoso and such.

I've already switched back to Holo again because not only it can do PMech job but better but it is also more fun to play. And with the upcoming Holo buff, PMech is just going to be a low damage low intensity build that will serve as a noob friendly entry for people wanting to play Engineer.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lahmia.2193 said:

I'd be happy if they gutted mech, so it was only useful as an easy open world spec (like a minion master) but terrible in high end group content.

At least you are honest with your true feelings on it unlike most Pmech haters who try to come up with excuses for their reasoning on making it bad. I will still disagree with you of course because I love the mech, but I give you kuddos for being honest.

• Like 4

On the visual side of things there's... nothing too surprising with the outcome. It's cool to live one's fantasies to the fullest, big robot pal included, but it's important to remember that each player is a drop of water in the MMO lake and guess what happens when everyone lives that big robot fantasy. It's a fustercluck. I am surprised that Anet went through at all.

• Like 2

I must say that I was against a "pet spec" on engineer since HoT release. I've had enough "pet fantasy" on this profession after seeing scrapper's gyros.

On another hand I would have welcome such a spec for necromancer until mesmer's phantasm's rework where I started to hope more about phantasm's like skills being spread to other professions (Necromancer included of course).

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

At least you are honest with your true feelings on it unlike most Pmech haters who try to come up with excuses for their reasoning on making it bad. I will still disagree with you of course because I love the mech, but I give you kuddos for being honest.

I do love playing mech as well (it has become my main pve spec), but I realise how unhealthy the spec is for the game. Something that easy to play should never be that effective in high end content. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

10 hours ago, Matoro.9708 said:

Mech made me stop playing engineer because I don't even want to be associated with that nonsense. Imagine dropping into raids as a core engi and being told you need to be a slice of ham or something. Cringe.

This has happened to me once in fractals. 

I decided to pug T4 CMs on my core engineer. My numbers weren't very good because I hadn't gotten the hang of the rotation yet. They asked me (polietely) if I could swap to Mech since it was easier. 

I did, we cleared the content. 

People really don't seem to care what you play so long as you can play it well. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

The duality of GW2 forum. Whining about the state of Warrior and Ele, but wishing to turn other professions into the same.

It's almost like different people have different opinions on how things should be balanced.

Much like Condi reaper with lich form, Mech is fun but in no way should it remain that strong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

5 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

The duality of GW2 forum. Whining about the state of Warrior and Ele, but wishing to turn other professions into the same.

This might be true if Engineer wasn't currently top-tier at all major roles in a party, a single class that can simply switch builds to be accepted into any group and be considered best of the best, especially after the coming Firebrand nerf. The same can't be said for Warrior and Ele, not by a long shot.

On top of this the skill level of most of their builds is relatively low.

The only problem with Engineer right now is Core Engi and condi Mech, which both need improvements. Otherwise, they have the most solid kits in the game (as long as you avoid the actual "kits", sans medkit, outside of the few situations they're needed in).

Yes, this upsets actual Engi players , because those of us who were here from the start of the game know what Engi was actually supposed to be: Kit rotations, turrets, elixer bombs and various other inscrutible devices. Instead we ended up with "go-go gyro" and "pewpew robot". The players who were in favor of the machinist thought it was going to be piloted like a golem suite, not be a pet (until the rename bug reveal).

Very few people were expecting a giant, braindead, entirely AI-based build. They could've given that by just buffing the damage and support on turrets, and it would've been exactly the same. Meanwhile Necro is doing a better job at being an Engineer, complete with golem suite--I mean, Harbinger shroud. You could throw a graphical Jade Mech transform on it and you'd have Engineer 2.0.

But at least we have giant, radioactive green robots with the brains of a roomba, right?

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Kind of the running them of the EoD especs: The mains hate it, but the non-mains love it.

The Warrior subforum by a large degree doesn't like BSW, but a lot of non mains feel like they can finally enjoy warrior with it. I suspect that Mech, Virt, Harbae, and Vindi are all in a similar boat.

In Mech's case I think a lot of people are afraid to like it because of the stigma attatched, as well as the fear that Anet gives into the outrage and butchers it. (Not unfounded given Mech gets nerfed in almost every patch). 

HAM, DPS Condi mech, and Calac mech  are all very fun and feature the same frantic kit swapping gameplay engineer is known for.

Only the rifle build departs from that and gives mech haters the impression that that every build it has to offer is braindead easy. 

Edited by Kuma.1503

22 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

In Mech's case I think a lot of people are afraid to like it because of the stigma attatched, as well as the fear that Anet gives into the outrage and butchers it. (Not unfounded given Mech gets nerfed in almost every patch). 

HAM, DPS Condi mech, and Calac mech  are all very fun and feature the same frantic kit swapping gameplay engineer is known for.

Only the rifle build departs from that and gives mech haters the impression that that every build it has to offer is braindead easy. 

I think it is more that we have the case with Engi, where each spec offered very different playstyles and role expansions and had a very nice rework to its languishing traitlines and one of its core weapons that breathed a great deal of life into each of the specs and yet the same has not been done with several of the other professions.

If the other professions had received similar love then you would not see the negativity surrounding Mech that it has, excepting the visuals of course.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I think it is more that we have the case with Engi, where each spec offered very different playstyles and role expansions and had a very nice rework to its languishing traitlines and one of its core weapons that breathed a great deal of life into each of the specs and yet the same has not been done with several of the other professions.

If the other professions had received similar love then you would not see the negativity surrounding Mech that it has, excepting the visuals of course.

I can empathize with people having frustration about their main spec. I can especially empathize with the people who've held those frustrations for years, and have been giving feedback to a brick wall. *cough* Weaver *cough* Warrior . 

Naturally if asking to make your spec better doesn't work, and ANet makes it very clear that they will respond to outrage by nerfing the overperformers, people will jump on the next best thing, bringing the good specs down to their level. 

I don't think that's a good approach though. In the end that just leads us down the road where we end up encouraging the exact same design flaws on other specs that we've been asking to be fixed on our own. It ultimately makes the game less fun for more people and in the end no one is happy. (Kind of like what happened in WoW during BfA but I won't get into a wow class design rant here). 

To give a more concrete example. Mech and FB are good, because they can acually use their utility and they don't need to waste it to generate boons. That's a good thing. More supports should be like that. 

But in the process of complaining about these two, the message we've sent Anet is that, this is bad actually. Make Mech more like Scrapper and Specter. If we have to waste our utility for boon generation so do they. This results in brainless spammy gameplay for everyone instead of the fun, skillful, tactical gameplay that, so far, only Mech, FB (and to a lesser extent Alacrigade) get to enjoy. 

And now Anet has stated their plans to nerf HAM in the future with no news at all of fixing Tempest, Specter, or Scrapper's boon generation. If you play any of these specs, this is not good news. They've said the opposite in fact. They want to bring HAM down not necessarily bring others up to their level...

• Like 1