LS 1 Lion's Memory - Just too much

Jalad Lantana.3027

I was excited to see old Lion's Arch coming back, but after flailing about for several days of Wiki diving convoluted and obfuscated requirements for getting the Lion's Memory key, I am at loss.

There is no top down guide of how to snag this key, one has to work backwards with arcane obtuse references through a series of achievements, collections, etc. (euphenisms for the mother of all quest chains) only to discover that most of them are buried within Living Story missions that can only be accessed sequentially if you missed them the first time around.  I had no way of knowing up front that there are a huge slew of things to be done in the LS 1 Lion's Arch story that were requirements, and now the only way to get them is to restart the entire lengthy time consuming process.

I have looked and can't find any guides that pull it all together and map out an efficient path to getting this key other than extensive repetition of the entire story line.

I am sure some fan-boys will respond on how they got this in just a few hours, but who will also neglect to map out how they did it and how they knew how to do it.

Very disappointed that old Lion's Arch seems out of reach for a casual player like myself with limited time to play.

Edited by Jalad Lantana.3027
  • Confused 8

calm down man, are u tired of scavenger hunts achievs?

use guild jen, its list achievments separating the ones that need history instance. 

one thing i do is check overlaps, i noticed most scavenger hunts achievsments, that have map overlaps, are concentrated on same maps.

https://guildjen.com/category/gw2/achievements/ls/season-1/

if u have multiple alts, i recommend setup one of them to "cheese"/rush history, i use power minion-mancer for example.

in very lazy person, i started hunt achievs only around when 3rd episode arrived. each episode can be completed in like a morning.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Jalad Lantana.3027 said:

I was excited to see old Lion's Arch coming back, but after flailing about for several days of Wiki diving convoluted and obfuscated requirements for getting the Lion's Memory key, I am at loss.

I'm sorry, but how is "do the six new meta achievements" at all obfuscating or convoluted? You'd have most of the requirements just by going through the story once, or doing the events tied to the zones of each.

The only achievements that are legitimately annoying, imo, are the eight Investigative achievements of hunting down those books and recordings that don't have nameplates.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Well ... you just play the game - finish the achievements. And then you get it. The wiki is bugged for certain stuff (mostly when requesting data as to where an item is needed to craft other stuff ... or the vendors you can get it) - but for this one ... it should work.

You need the 6 items you can get from completing the meta achievements for the 5 chapters (last chapter has 2 items ... one of them basically free). And most of those meta achievements can be completed without trouble. They even added more achievements so people can avoid a bit to have to do dungeons and fractals.

Some stuff is grindy (do a lot of map events) ... other stuff just completion (complete the story missoin) - other stuff is collecting things (that might be a bit more work - needing the wiki to check locations) ... + stuff that might need skill. (Nothing too hard though. At least I did not encounter stuff that seemed hard with the EoD elite spec I played. There might be stuff challenging for new players that play in ordre of release and/or do not have the expansions yet - playing core professions.)

Yes: It is not just thrown at you. And people coming new to the game might prefer to have it easier (since they actually start with the pre-Scarlet stuff if they decide to play story in release order) ... but ArenaNet knew this was a big thing for veterans. Some of us really wanted to have the old LA back. They decided to add a bit of more work for this. Since they knew people would to it (and would even do more to get back to old LA) ... making this item a bit more valuable.

Edit: And no, I am not a "fanboy that got it into a few hours". Still planning to finish the last chapter of the story on my 3rd char (that I plan to move through all the other story parts in the future, have 2 chars moved thorough full world completion on maps + every story part of each expansion/season) ... and I have 1 or 2 achievements still missing for the last meta achievement. (Might solve itself automatically once I play the meta a few more times - for Battle of LA. But so far I did not focus on this.)

Some stuff is meant to be enjoyed slowly. (Similar to the Skyscale where some people want to rush it in a minimum amount of days and then complain.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Jalad Lantana.3027 said:

There is no top down guide of how to snag this key, one has to work backwards with arcane obtuse references through a series of achievements, collections, etc. 

Half the achievements are tied to just finishing the story and the other half will be explained on the wiki, Guildjen or any random video you'll find ~10 hours after the release.

• Like 1

My guild did an achievement run last night. We got through the entire first chapter in roughly two and a half hours, minus only the "do [x] events in [location]" grind, and we hope to do more runs in the future for later chapters. It was pretty fun, and it went really fast with other people helping out. Quite a few guildies showed up to get their achievements done, so we split into a few groups to do it.

My group had two other people besides myself. We got it done, fractals and all - and that's with me having never done fractals until last night, either. We used the wiki to make sure we got all the Investigative Study collectibles, which was really the only annoying part. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Investigative_Study_1 The other Investigative Study collections for the other chapters are listed here as well.

Find a group of people who are willing to help you out or work with the achievements alongside you. It will go so much faster and easier - and you'll probably have more fun, too.