hooks for devs to follow:

11 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I personally voted for 1 month server links and 1 month got the most votes.  Anet decided to go with 2 months though since 1 month didn't get a majority, only a plurality.  I am only guessing that they will stick with 2 months for seasons.  Some of the earliest dev posts about it though indicate that they are open to changing the length.

How long does it take for players, guilds, and alliances to build a team?  What happens if the players decide the team doesn't work out?  Are they stuck?  These questions remain to be answered.

I understand your reasoning and I don't have answers like you. I can analyze what I saw during the betas, also considering that they are only one week beta tests. In any case, the first few days I saw the 'emphasis of novelty. Then I noticed that the various groups began to move each one on their own, there was a lack of interest and common action between all the different groups. You probably have to put a nice prize for the server that deserves to win, to stimulate players, It remains my thought that if they had more time and the awareness that around their temporary server Anet designed a sort of tournament / ranking to climb, players could be more involved, and more stimulated to overcome any dramas between guilds to work together.

Edited by Mabi black.1824

44 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I personally voted for 1 month server links and 1 month got the most votes.  Anet decided to go with 2 months though since 1 month didn't get a majority, only a plurality.  I am only guessing that they will stick with 2 months for seasons.  Some of the earliest dev posts about it though indicate that they are open to changing the length.

Just for reference, this was the vote:

38.1% Reevaluate match-ups monthly.
28.9% Reevaluate match-ups quarterly.
15.9% Reevaluate match-ups every other month.
11.6% Reevaluate match-ups every 6 months.
5.5% Reevaluate match-ups every 4 months.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Just for reference, this was the vote:

38.1% Reevaluate match-ups monthly.
28.9% Reevaluate match-ups quarterly.
15.9% Reevaluate match-ups every other month.
11.6% Reevaluate match-ups every 6 months.
5.5% Reevaluate match-ups every 4 months.

Thanks.

Monthly didn't get a 50% majority.  Anet reasoned that since 62% voted for all the other options, they went with every other month.  Part of their reasoning involved the fact that the glicko matchmaking at the time takes at least 4 matches to "shake out".  And in the case of the 1u1d matchmaking, it would take at least 4 matches for a T4 team in NA to rise to and win T1 if there were such a team, 5 matches for EU.

All I know is that sometimes 2 months feels too long.