Mechanical Genius Buff Timer

Kodama.6453

22 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Give me a Short-Leash toggle command. I want the bot to automatically stay in 360 radius of me at all times.

I agree with this. Its clear they were trying to nerf a very specific build. Rifle Range 1200 (lets not forget Rifle 1 changes)  Mech Range for buff  360.  Its so nice to use a range weapon like a melee weapon.  Seriously... Could we get some better Mech AI that actually keeps your mech where you want it. Most the time it goes off to no mans land for no reason.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gendalfs.7521 said:

I need logical explanation.

I think we all want one.  But more than likely are going to have to come to terms with it on your own.  I'm trying too.
For me I think these modifications were made due to it over performing in most areas in the game.  While I don't disagree that it was over performing, I think the changes gutted not only the damage but the fun of playing the profession.  Rifle 1 and now the 360 mech range is clear statement of what they were trying to do/did.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sindust.7059 said:

Then they should buff the benchmark damage back up to 38k to make it actually rewarding. As it is, all that engis will be used for is support builds.

As long as both player and mech are two separate bodies with sizeable toughness and health pools, two sources of decent damage, and two sources of support...

Then being a short range support class is practically the only way it can approximate the limitations placed on every other class with just a single body (and the few classes that have pets/clones that are some combination of impotent/fragile).

Personally, I still think that the fantasy could have been preserved by giving players direct control over the J-Mech remotely and consolidating their weaponskills to only be performed remotely by the J-Mech. But I also recognize the complications in implementing this and if the devs couldn't fully adopt the Puppeteer fantasy in that direction, this is an easier way of reinforcing the job fantasy that the J-Mech is substituting for the player.

And let's be perfectly clear. Anyone who has been playing Mech and does not believe that the J-Mech is designed to be a superpowered stand-in for the player is deluding themselves. That is what the job fantasy is, and that is how it has generally been played, especially in most PvE and to a lesser extent in PvP. There was never any good justification for the J-Mech to do as much as it does (generally passively), while allowing the player nearly nearly full effectiveness of Core Engi on top of that. That's practically two complete players in one, and I'm tired of Mech apologists trying to normalize such a broken concept.

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

You guys should fix mech AI first. But you need to see the bright side! In many fractals, you are ALREADY REQUIRED to use your shift signet to bring your mech close due to problems with AI. At least in these fractals you won't have any problems!
I cant wait to do Skorvald on Shattered, A place where you need to use the shift signet (making your mech not win boons and therefore dps loss) after split.....
Or maybe Amala (Twilight Oasis last boss)? Another place where you need to use your shift signet to bring the mech back once it gets stuck on the platforms above. The platforms are "locked" with a kind of shield, and their mech is there, trapped....
Or maybe Deepstone's last boss? That's my FAVORITE! Often, your mech falls off the platform (yes, that's right, it goes to the underworld to talk to hades), causing you to need to use your shift signet again...

• Haha 1

Okay, i dont understand im the master or mech?  Because now im finding myself always wandering and looking where tf mech gone. If i press Return to me mech just stands near and dont shoot what im shooting at. In my book open world these changes are passable at best, but when you try to do 3 mechanics in fractals or strikes at once bot micromanagement is just not fun. Now rifle, it feels clunky too. If you wanted to nerf it, just nerf dmg, but leave 2shots+granade thingy or hell even make 3shots, 3shots then granade or something like that. RIfle now feels like it was for the past 10 years tbh.

As one Second-monitor-content -creator once said: Anet optimised fun out of this profesion

Edited by KrivukasLT.3507
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The 360 radius is so ridiculously small that the buff switches off for all sorts of reasons that are out of the player's control, not least the mech's poor AI, rubber banding, being knocked about by crowd control, not being able to actually identify where your own mech is in the middle of a crowded fight due to poor visual cues, not knowing that the range check is about to happen just as you dodge roll etc etc.  Reward the player for positioning? Just LOL really. The player has no control over so much of where the mech is positioned. So rather than having players observe fight mechanics, dodge and react etc, you'd prefer mechanists to waste their time baby sitting their clunky, broken mechs, often unsuccessfully because of all the problems? 

The radius MUST be enlarged. 600 would be a bare minimum but there'd still be issues, 900 would be fairer. Better still, scrap this radius entirely and find a more professional way to balance the mech.

The radius must be made more visible and ONLY the radius for the player's own mech should be visible. We do not need to see the radiuses that apply to other players' mechs as it just makes a messy situation even worse.- who on earth thought this was a good idea? Or was it the change was so poorly implemented no-one bothered to properly filter out other players' markers?

Any build that needs this level of micro management of a core feature is a broken build. Period.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Unlike players; the pet can't attack while moving so having to press return every two seconds (if it listens) means it's too busy running around like an idiot to ever attack. At this point I'm just ignoring the pet during metas and just letting it do less damage cuz I don't feel like following it around (which I can't even see where it is most of the time, even ranged mech runs away from me) or spamming leash which causes it to basically never attack. Make it stay near me on it's own or enjoy me being less helpful and even more AFK on the battlefield.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Gendalfs.7521 said:

This range thing is ridiculous. Whats the point of changes? 

Engie already has traitline with 450 range. 

Its already hard to find your Mech in metas, now you need to find that little ring thing on ground?

I just dont get it. Please explain me.

Just WHY?

Well, the response to that question is right there in the patch notes:

We've also made an adjustment to the mechanist to better reward players who are able to position well. We do like that mechanist is a viable option for a lower-intensity playstyle, but we see it as slightly overperforming relative to where we want those builds to be.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Cernow.3974 said:

The 360 radius is so ridiculously small that the buff switches off for all sorts of reasons that are out of the player's control, not least the mech's poor AI, rubber banding, being knocked about by crowd control, not being able to actually identify where your own mech is in the middle of a crowded fight due to poor visual cues, not knowing that the range check is about to happen just as you dodge roll etc etc.  Reward the player for positioning? Just LOL really. The player has no control over so much of where the mech is positioned. So rather than having players observe fight mechanics, dodge and react etc, you'd prefer mechanists to waste their time baby sitting their clunky, broken mechs, often unsuccessfully because of all the problems? 

The radius MUST be enlarged. 600 would be a bare minimum but there'd still be issues, 900 would be fairer. Better still, scrap this radius entirely and find a more professional way to balance the mech.

The radius must be made more visible and ONLY the radius for the player's own mech should be visible. We do not need to see the radiuses that apply to other players' mechs as it just makes a messy situation even worse.- who on earth thought this was a good idea? Or was it the change was so poorly implemented no-one bothered to properly filter out other players' markers?

Any build that needs this level of micro management of a core feature is a broken build. Period.

BAHAHA. Your idea of fair is broken, and your idea of broken is fair.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/30/2022 at 7:03 AM, Pyrius Omega.5718 said:

Let's slam those keys harder F6 / F7 doesn't work as intended.  Clunky rifle now.  WTH Anet?  WG2 is becoming ESO all over again.  Get something good to play, then the nerf bat keeps coming out.  Too many naysayer players bending the ears of Anet.  Yes, ANET is ESO period.  Go back to the way it use to be with the professions before ESO takes over GW2 completely. 

I completely agree with your ESO analysis but i came from that game back to GW2 since even when they do nerf stuff in this game, they don't completely remove what made the class unique.

A perfect example is a year to two into ESO they removed the percentage-based life leaching from Nightblade. This completely removed my ability to gain Mana back as percentage of my total Mana which ruined my playstyle.

Mech in this instance has not removed the burst element to the rifle only reduced the number of shots. The mech being lower damage when not being close to ranger is a nerf (when mech is not behaving) but again doesn't invalidate the playstyle.

• Confused 2