I don't want to say rude words!

Streaking.9065

It's better to delete the Engineer Rifle directly ! 

Like Sneak Gyro, this skill is disgusting now! 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 18
  • Sad 2

The coefficient is lower now that it was pre-rework. 

They managed to take a weapon that they identified as underperforming, and make it worse than it was when it was underperforming because people kept complaining. 

Genius. 

Edit: I should specify this is in PvP/WvW. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

Rifle, joy and harm of the engi class.......

I though seeing the extra coefficient bonus given from moving from 3 to 2 hits, the damage would be near the same, obviously not more then the 3 hit have, but, near the same....... instead, even after that extra bonus, we ended getting a nerf to the dps as sayd, with even worse dps respect the original rifle damage (before the change to 3 hit).

Hope in a fast up of the coefficient to get to normal dps again, and setting the animation right (appear not good and clunky i could say).

We can only wait for it, nothing more. (atm, the weapon is bad, nothing more to say)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I tested yestarday on Golem, and my result are 1k - 1.5k less dps then before.............. same build as always, but before, i was doing near 18k (17.5k around), now i struggle to stay in the 16.5k range, and if i use only 1, i stop around 15k.

Until the test, i, for sure, though that the DPS in PVE was similar to the old one, BUT that wasn't the case after doing the tests.

That is why i am waiting some Snowcrow or similar test on rifle Mecha now, to see the real change to it. (pre patch was around 32+k if i remember right)

So, can be a bug, can be a real nerf to it cause we do 2 hit instead of 3 (base damage lost), or something else, who know........

Edited by ThunderX.6591

2 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

...but the rifle has the exact same DPS in PvE as it did before. Exact same power-per-second output.

If solely looking at the numbers, it seems like that, yeah.

But it seems that they increased the aftercast or something to that extend, which makes the rifle auto attack have lower dps than before.

And the fact that the coefficient is so incredibly low in PvP and WvW right now is ridiculous.... it now gets outperformed by the elixir gun auto attack there.....

I reported the number from my tests against the golem, and there is difference (in nerf final damage), don't know why but there is, maybee some extra aftercast, cooldown, or simple the fact that noone considered the base damage of the third hit we lost in the total final damage?

Sincerely, don't know, what i know is that we lost some dps, that is affecting all specs and core engi........

In PVP-WvW is hard to notice for the low coefficient.

4 hours ago, ThunderX.6591 said:

I reported the number from my tests against the golem, and there is difference (in nerf final damage), don't know why but there is, maybee some extra aftercast, cooldown, or simple the fact that noone considered the base damage of the third hit we lost in the total final damage?

Sincerely, don't know, what i know is that we lost some dps, that is affecting all specs and core engi........

Well if what your numbers say is true, then they will probably fix it via buff then if the animation change is to blame. They may have to buff the numbers up to like 1 or something whatever it it is to make it to where it was before. 

6 hours ago, ThunderX.6591 said:

Power hits have no "base damage" in this game.

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, ThunderX.6591 said:

If you're just looking at the damage / hit yes there is no difference.

If you're looking at the time to kill there is a massive difference. When Anet did the rework they changed the coefficient to be balanced around 2 bullet and 1 grenade. What they did was straight up removing 1 bullet so a 33% nerf. Of course only PvE got a coefficient adjustement so the nerf is minimal but PvP and WvW got hit the hardest

7 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

yes and you would generally have about 1000 base power which means your base damage would be the power ratio with 1000 power

...for the context given, that "we lost the base power on the third hit", no. Base damage is not a thing. Nothing was lost, because that power was diverted into the first and the grenade hits. Overall power-per-second of the skill remained the same. 

Power damage has no "base damage" component.

10 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

...for the context given, that "we lost the base power on the third hit", no. Base damage is not a thing. Nothing was lost, because that power was diverted into the first and the grenade hits. Overall power-per-second of the skill remained the same. 

Power damage has no "base damage" component.

All good and normal on paper, but in "game", we do less dps now, and that is a fact (Golem PVE as test).

Why and where we lost dps is the point we need to understand, because like you wrote, i too, reading the changes on paper was sure we get kind of same damage passing from 3 to 2 hit (maybee a tiny bit less then before, that could happen after loosing an hit and from less mechanics calculation involved as bonus add damage from the extra hit), BUT that wasn't the case in "game" when the real test was done.

I repeat, i don't know why the lost dps happened and where is the cause/problem, maybee the DEVs can make some light on it.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, ThunderX.6591 said:

All good and normal on paper, but in "game", we do less dps now, and that is a fact (Golem PVE as test).

Why and where we lost dps is the point we need to understand, because like you wrote, i too, reading the changes on paper was sure we get kind of same damage passing from 3 to 2 hit (maybee a tiny bit less then before, that could happen after loosing an hit and from less mechanics calculation involved as bonus add damage from the extra hit), BUT that wasn't the case in "game" when the real test was done.

I repeat, i don't know why the lost dps happened and where is the cause/problem, maybee the DEVs can make some light on it.

Yeah, doing tests it feels less. I was using food buffs and stuff too. I don't have full might infusions mind you, but everything else is up to meta spec level. I was doing 16k dps on average with the rifle which feels a lot lower than it should be to where it was 18k. I doubt the 2k loss is from infusions as well. I think something is wrong on their end because we are losing damage when this should be net neutral change. 

Edited by Doctor Hide.6345