mech rifle feels like...

Theocraft.6054

...clunky mess. It was such a nice spec.

Anet... you could just lower it's dps if you wanted it to be more in line with other LI builds. Although the ~20% nerf is a bit much (solo dps check before/after).

But worse than that - you made it much less fun to play. The "mechanical genius" is a terrible idea, many people had foreseen this and ask you to rethink and you still push this. Please either remove or add some auto "leash" function... currently it's just made to annoy players.

Second... not sure why, but rifle auto-attacks started to feel unpleasantly so? I didn't expect the rework of 2 shots into 1 shot to have that much of a negative impact...

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 3

That thing was/is called rifle burst? It is pretty weird that from 2 it now got reduced to 1 shot. Also sounds (from the sound effects) less good. I'd rather have 3 shots with lower damage - then the grenade and this taking longer (so less special stuff from the grenade which counts as explosion I think?).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree the rifle burst skill just feels so bad, I thought something was wrong with my game before I realized there was an update.

It feels extremely slow and clunky, would prefer just a nerf to the damage and keep the old animation, it was much more fun to use.

I just stopped playing after realizing this was the change, it just feels that bad to use

Edited by lavasea.8719
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

I will say: this change only happened because of all the complaints about the new animation after they introduced rifle burst.

I am not a huge fan of it, but I can learn to get over it. I just need them to stop changing it. And for the love of god change the coefficients in PvP and WvW to match PvE. I don't use rifle in those modes, but the current rifle is worst than hip shot there.

Well, I play with sound off almost 99% of the time. Only time sound is on is when I do the story for the voices, but other than that it is off because I get tired of the repetitive game sounds. But, the animation change is a little jarring. I prefer the three round burst compared to the 2 round burst we now have. I know they buffed the numbers in PvE to compensate for it, but it does feel clunkier even if it is not damage wise. As for the mech, I just switched mine to the melee weapon awhile ago since I have to be close to it anyways within 450 for the bullet buff.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

Aside from the janky Ainess at times which I do agree is a problem, how else was it nerfed? Legit curious on the numbers. Was the compensating not high enough for the loss of the third round since it is the same animation speed?

It's intended to be neutral in PvE. If there's animation jank making the dps lower, odds are they'll fix it like last time. 

It's a nerf in PvP/WvW. Damage is down significantly because the loss of a bullet wasn't compensated. Rifle Mech is officially useless there, even in low ranks. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

It's intended to be neutral in PvE. If there's animation jank making the dps lower, odds are they'll fix it like last time. 

It's a nerf in PvP/WvW. Damage is down significantly because the loss of a bullet wasn't compensated. Rifle Mech is officially useless there, even in low ranks. 

Ah, ok. So it was just the PvP/WvW side of things that got nerfed which does suck admittedly. I never play those modes, but I feel for those that do.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

Ah, ok. So it was just the PvP/WvW side of things that got nerfed which does suck admittedly. I never play those modes, but I feel for those that do.  

does not change that there is PvE nerf as well for who knows how long... but the clunkiness is even worse. I can't even the the bot most of the time if there are more players (machinists as well) around. 

And the fun factor aroud more, swift bullet fire is gone as well...

5 minutes ago, Theocraft.6054 said:

does not change that there is PvE nerf as well for who knows how long... but the clunkiness is even worse. I can't even the the bot most of the time if there are more players (machinists as well) around. 

And the fun factor aroud more, swift bullet fire is gone as well...

Well, I do find it more annoying to be constantly watching the mech and all, but I am more or less worried about damage loss over instead of me just adapting to the change. I already set my mouse buttons to make it easier. Not saying I would turn down them adding a 360 leash on the mech because I would love that, but yeah, I was more worried they messed up the rifle's actually damage output for PvE.  I think over time I can get over the jankiness of the new animations. I just don't want more nerfs to Pmech damage wise.

Btw, can we please remove the blue ring from other mechanists from our screen?

If I have to live with this annoying mechanic, at least don't make every other mechanist on the screen also showcase the blue ring for their mech for me. The information if another player is outside of their mech radius is useless to me, I can't change that and I need to actually see where the radius of MY mech is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Not sure if it's my settings, but I can't see the blue ring aroud my mech. 

It pulses for me every 3 secs only while in battle, kinda like an indicator that the mechanical genius buff will be refreshed as after it pulses the buff will reset to 6secs.

• Thanks 1

Let's make some noise, we can't avoid the fact that they killed riffle mechanist. As it is right now its too squishy and doesnt make up with other classes in terms of dps.

Those changes will make alot of people leave the game. Tough times incoming...

Edited by Ruisenior.6342
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Ruisenior.6342 said:

Let's make some noise, we can't avoid the fact that they killed riffle mechanist. As it is right now its too squishy and doesnt make up with other classes in terms of dps.

Some of us like the changes to Rifle AA, If people will leave the game cos they cant AFK 1111111111 on PMECH anymore then Anet cant win. LI builds are fine, AFK builds are bad for the health of the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 10

46 minutes ago, Ruisenior.6342 said:

If people leave because of a build that existed less than a year then they haven't been playing long.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

If people leave because of a build that existed less than a year then they haven't been playing long.

i mean you arent wrong.. but those filthy casuals can make or break a game.. we all want this game to succeed …. right?

or is it a case of “good riddens, we dont need you, this is our club”.. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5