First Time Poster, Personal Main story Completer

I must admit, I bought all expansions for Guild wars 2 about a couple months ago and haven't played it till Now. The story line was actually ok. I didn't mind it but it was there and i could get down and boogey with it as well. But i must admit and ask. Am i the only one on the personal story that found Alot of the missions to maybe be buggy. Maybe sometimes the cutscenes and such we're a bit of a blob. Sometimes having a good laugh at what the AI Is doing and when i was supposed to be thrilled for this Big boss battle i was laughing at it because of some bugs. (None the less not in a bad way just a good chuckle)

Im curious. Am i the only one that experienced this weirdness. Was it arenanet learning and have they learned over these expansions? Does it get a little more immersive?

I still am going to continue playing the game of course but i wanted to see if i was just going crazy or it is a thing.

Another thing as well, On the graphical / performance side of the game. I have a Geforce RTX 3070 TI and a CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 8core processor. And i seem to struggle in some areas like lions arch dipping down to about 30 fps. I have 16gb of ram as well. Just how the game runs?

I hope to see all you amazing adventures out there in the PvE and PvP, 

Stay frosty 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The story definitely gets better once you get to HoT and beyond.  However, bugs are an issue throughout.  Some of them are fairly amusing, as you say. 

For instance, I discovered one recently when helping someone with the sniper in LS4.  You're supposed to cross a field while she shoots at you before engaging her at the top of a structure.  She is then supposed to teleport to another position and you have to cross the field again while she shoots at you.  But apparently if you deal damage too quickly it bugs the fight and YOU end up teleporting to the next position while the sniper runs across the field!  Like...what?  How is this even possible?  LoL

As for graphics performance, unfortunately this game is very poorly optimized.  The long and short of it is that it's very CPU-bound, so even with a nice modern GPU like the 3070 TI you're going to see low framerates at times.  The only thing that would likely increase performance would be a CPU upgrade (the 5800X3D being the best option for your platform).

Edited by AliamRationem.5172
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you haven't already, you could try uncheck the "Enable DX9 Rendering" box under graphics options. It made it much better for me. Before I couldn't turn the camera around in Lions Arch without having the FPS dipping down to 15. Thought it was weird since I can do a meta on full map on the highest graphics settings without problem.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, DeRailingRiles.2587 said:

On the graphical / performance side of the game. I have a Geforce RTX 3070 TI and a CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 8core processor. And i seem to struggle in some areas like lions arch dipping down to about 30 fps. I have 16gb of ram as well. Just how the game runs?

Have you tweaked any of your settings, or are you just running on default?

My Settings - I have an i7 8700@3.2GHz, 16GB, 4GB RTX 2070 PC. I only dip to 30 during events like LLA/Karka/DE.

I feel I should add that I'm using an AW3418DW monitor, which might affect things differently than what you may be using.

Edited by Krexen.9057
Adding info.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Krexen.9057 said:

Have you tweaked any of your settings, or are you just running on default?

My Settings - I have an i7 8700@3.2GHz, 16GB, 4GB RTX 2070 PC. I only dip to 30 during events like LLA/Karka/DE.

I feel I should add that I'm using an AW3418DW monitor, which might affect things differently than what you may be using.

I have tweaked my settings and during big events it dips to about 30 fps if not bit lower. Ive tried lowering the shadow settings and a couple other, And been scared to go to big events but i may have to put my big boy pants on and see if its improved much. If nothing else i suppose i could be upgrading my CPU as AliamRationem.5172 mentioned. And i do have Dx9 unchecked

• Like 2

I played the personal story 14-15 times on different characters and I didn't find any weird thing on screen. But I also saw on youtube people seeing characters that slide on the floor without moving their legs and other weird things. I guess it depends on the settings of our PCs. I definitely have a worse PC than yours, so I don't know what to say 😕

20 hours ago, DeRailingRiles.2587 said:

I have tweaked my settings and during big events it dips to about 30 fps if not bit lower. Ive tried lowering the shadow settings and a couple other, And been scared to go to big events but i may have to put my big boy pants on and see if its improved much. If nothing else i suppose i could be upgrading my CPU as AliamRationem.5172 mentioned. And i do have Dx9 unchecked

There was a thread benchmarking the 5800X3D recently on reddit.  It's generally considered one of the best CPUs for gaming in general at the moment, competitive even with the Intel 13th gen and Ryzen 7000 series, although it's expected that they'll be releasing 7000 series X3D CPUs early next year which will set a new standard (but 7000 series would require upgrading your platform and not just your CPU).

• Thanks 1