Undo the rifle changes

Kalli.4506

11 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

It's actually far less than "a few thousand" at least if you compare Dec 05 2022 to patch that changes the auto speed.

"The absolute gold standard in low intensity rotations right now. Set all Mech skills on autocast, Deploy Rifle Turret and press Overclock Signet at the start of the fight, then press Overclock Signet off CD. "

Damage log has roughly 16K for the rifle auto. (https://dps.report/0Noo-20221205-200853_golem)
Factoring only rifle auto itself without traits that is ~13.5K.

MicroHard's overview in August when the rifle was sped up was ~16K of which 12.5K was from rifle auto itself (not the sigils or the traits):

https://dps.report/49xI-20220802-213159_golem

Even using those exact numbers, it was a 7.4% DPS loss when it was supposed to be neutral. Thus the conclusions that anet messed up.
Plus the mech genius thing being a punishment instead of the boon they claimed it was.

They only did 2 changes to Mechanist and both failed in what they were said to be.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Even using those exact numbers, it was a 7.4% DPS loss when it was supposed to be neutral. Thus the conclusions that anet messed up.
Plus the mech genius thing being a punishment instead of the boon they claimed it was.

They only did 2 changes to Mechanist and both failed in what they were said to be.

How is it a DPS loss? The contribution from rifle itself is now up not down (13.5K instead of 12.5K).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

How is it a DPS loss? The contribution from rifle itself is now up not down (13.5K instead of 12.5K).

because I misinterpreted the information presented. 🙂 I thought the first video was the earlier one. Mistakes happen. Though it's worth pointing this is from 2 different people. So all things are not necessarily equal. Do we know if they're using the same exact gear and builds?

My own tests showed a slight dps loss after the changes, with no build or equipment changes on my end.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

because I misinterpreted the information presented. 🙂 I thought the first video was the earlier one. Mistakes happen. Though it's worth pointing this is from 2 different people. So all things are not necessarily equal. Do we know if they're using the same exact gear and builds?

My own tests showed a slight dps loss after the changes, with no build or equipment changes on my end.

They're using the same meta build with only rifle turret as the difference (which is split separately on the logs) and it really doesn't matter if you all you do is autoattack with autocast mech skills.

Since the thread is about rifle specifically and not trait activations or mechanist, I think it's worth differentiating that. You can also compare MicroHard's benchmarks over time.

The recent one (not from MicroHard) lists the following build link:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAQlxyOYvMXWMOuLvxPA-zRIYRUwXGtlAVUA2OL6PDAA-e

Both testers use standardized boons and 10 conditions on the golem along with standard power food and utility. Since MicroHard had power infusions, it would make the number higher if the recent video did not use them.

MicroHard's August testing I posted above was the more or less the same thing with grenade kit and golemancer rune as you can see the equipment and build on the last part of the video. MicroHard also tested without any golem autocasts as seen in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRxbdRTxBNI&t=1s

The highest "afk on rifle without mech" contribution is going to be either core engi or scrapper which have modifiers for your weapon damage (mechanist's only contribution to rifle is from Force Signet), not holo unless you lock yourself above 100% heat with PBM traited.

Unless someone is claiming that rifle did more than 14 or 15K DPS on its own (not counting traits) between the August patch and the November 29 patch before the Dec 05, 2022 video there really isn't a problem with rifle auto in PVE. Before the change to the rifle speed MicroHard's testing had the rifle at just over 13K with the traits and sigils in July (https://dps.report/ozRC-20220718-003818_golem). This means that there was a net gain in rifle damage between July and August when the speed was changed (from ~13K including traits and sigil to ~13K without traits or sigil).

Playlist can be found here , hidden due to being out of date: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3BtMx_0_7s

The only complaint that is actually warranted is regarding Mechanical Genius was a pointless nerf when autocast could have been removed. That is not what this topic is about however. Making noise about autoattack on rifle which is still on par with other classes' 1200 ranged weapons and even grenade kit or some melee weapons is petty at best and distracts from the real issues which are more apparent if you play the more difficult pistol condi mechanist or the often requested med kit heal mechanist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

Anyway dont care about the number, the gun feel laggy and its ugly to look at. Revert anet. Brimg back the 3x burst!

No, in no way it "feels laggy", nor it is somehow -still unspecified by you- ugly. Leave the ridiculous caricature of a machine gun in the ground.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

38 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, in no way it "feels laggy", nor it is somehow -still unspecified by you- ugly. Leave the ridiculous caricature of a machine gun in the ground.

You don't get to dictate someone else how they perceive a weapon, tho. Ugly is subjective and if they consider the current version ugly, that's their right.

About the laggy bit, I fully understand them. It feels too sluggish right now and I would like another revision on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

You don't get to dictate someone else how they perceive a weapon, tho. Ugly is subjective and if they consider the current version ugly, that's their right.

At no point I was dictating how someone else perceives a weapon, so tbh not sure why you felt the need to inform me about this. Exactly, ugly is subjective and as I said in the post you've just quoted: "(...)nor it is somehow -still unspecified by you- ugly". If he wants to claim something is ugly, he better has something to support his perceived uglyness of it. For now he doesn't, so for now it's just a constantly repeated by him, meaningless word.

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

About the laggy bit, I fully understand them. It feels too sluggish right now and I would like another revision on it.

It feels slower than that ridiculous machinegun abomination, because it is slower. But that has nothing to do with being "laggy". If anet wants to make it slightly faster while keeping the dps, I don't have much against it as long as it still isn't anywhere near the ridiculous version it was before. And even with what I just said... still not "laggy".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

Kinda have to agree with the laggy part. It does feel like a server-hickup to me a least. I also noticed some of the effects are not in sync with the sound. Maybe just a few milli-secs, though that could be do to actual lag...

The whole thing feels weird to me and un-fun.

I moved on already tbh. Stripped the toon and parked it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/18/2023 at 5:33 PM, Kodama.6453 said:

Dont waste your time with him, not to be mean but I dont think he read quote. Once Iv past about an hour explaining why I feel the animation is ugly and the gun feel laggy to him, but he still shoot the same answer. At this point I just completly ignore all his comment. Maybe hes a bot dont know. That said back to topic, the gun aint fun to play, and it does feel laggy, anet pls fix and bring back the 3x burst XD

Edited by Makuragee.3058
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

Once Iv past about an hour explaining why I feel the animation is ugly and the gun feel laggy to him

Where did you do it? I'd like to re-read it. Was it the time when you said "the animation is ugly, when you're close sometimes you have a grenade in your face!" or something similar? That was equally true before the change. It explained nothing and only shown you're not sure what to say about it outside of spamming vague and meaningless "it's ugly". But it's not. Anet, please never bring back that ridiculous caricature of a machine gun.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I enjoyed the machine gun aesthetic. At least it felt unique.

As a follow up to an earlier post, it occurs to me to clarify. Open world, the damage for me is slightly lower than it used to be. WvW the damage is absolute trash, and should get some adjustment back towards where it was.

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Project Danny.9478 said:

Anet you should just revert all nerfs you made to mechanist. Revert mech to exactly how it was when released and dont listen to what anyone says and lock the class and don't make changes to it again.

The Feb 28 version? That ought to be fun. 👍

Edited by MrForz.1953
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Project Danny.9478 said:

This guy who don't even play engineer hangs out in the engineer forums just hating on everything about mechanist no matter what you do or what you change he won't be happy till the mech is deleted from the game.(...)

These people if you can even call them that.... Will NOT be happy till mech is deleted from the game no matter what you do they won't be happy so just ignore the tiny minority and stop netfing mechanist thank you.

I'll just disregard your weird and unsubstantiated insults to simply let you know I'm still playing mechanist (and scrapper), so your take here is completely wrong.

6 hours ago, Project Danny.9478 said:

I have absolutely no idea why a tiny tiny tiny minority of people hate the mechanist so much they rock back and forth in a corner foaming at the mouth whispering to themselfs "must get mechanistic deleted must spread lies to get it deleted" as their eyes twitch.

If that's really what you believe then at this point it's simply disturbing case of siege mentality. Nobody is out there "to get you" (apparently through mechanist nerfs 😐). 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3