Queue Issues & Beta Announcement

Stonemist.4680

On 11/30/2022 at 7:13 PM, Stonemist.4680 said:

Greetings from the Mists!

We’re aware of the issues involving the WvW Queue at the moment and are looking into the issue.

And, while we have your attention, we’ll mention that the latest World Restructuring Beta Event begins on Dec. 2nd. This Beta will have more UI work and further behind the scenes work on automation.

Seeing you all in the Mists.

Floyd Grubb
Senior WvW Designer

After all the previous complains and the fact that for the last beta you actually send a mail in time, now you only post a message on a forum that only a fraction of the players look on a daily basis, and you do so on the last day for selection?

You tossers really are acting like a bunch of incompetent muppets incapable of learning from their mistakes.

Edited by Zepoolpe.9217
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

After all the previous complains and the fact that for the last beta you actually send a mail in time, now you only post a message on a forum that only a fraction of the players look on a daily basis, and you do so on the last day for selection?

You tossers really are acting like a bunch of incompetent muppets incapable of learning from their mistakes.

this is not true, anet posted already 3 weeks ago that they are going to do another beta at the end of the year and a second one in early next year.

nobody is caught unprepared.

and if so many players obviously arent reading anets info at all it is a shame of you to even dare to call anet "bunch of incompetent muppets" considering community wants info but doesnt read it when its published.

keep in mind a beta is not there so you have a special enjoyment for one week. a beta is a test of what programmers have been working on so they gather knowledge about what needs adjustment or further programming. it can happen that next week nothing works and that can even be part of the test.

so all you people please stop to act like you are not invited to a huge party and missing all the fun now... its a TEST and not a party event.

Edited by roederich.2716
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

But you know that previous betas where announced with specific date and not for our enjoyment, but for the reason that we will know that there might be issues with wvw gameplay? The wvw beta buff bonus was for the players as a form of compensation for the issues, so they will play and provide the valuable data for programmers to use...

8 minutes ago, Max Out.5732 said:

But you know that previous betas where announced with specific date and not for our enjoyment, but for the reason that we will know that there might be issues with wvw gameplay? The wvw beta buff bonus was for the players as a form of compensation for the issues, so they will play and provide the valuable data for programmers to use...

yes so what? you got info about beta 3 weeks ago. and now 2 days infront in forum and gw2 community claims to be the most social community of all mmo so the word shoudl spread. i see discord communities where they give info to each others. reddit also.

im sure today at reset there is the usual ingame display that a beta is running.

people should already be used to what happens in a beta, there where several taking place already.

if something brakes in beta it doesnt matter if you where organised or informed infron or not, it happens when it happens. you are at home then infront your computer. you can in the worst case log off and make something else for a week. you dont pay monthly fee. im sure nobody gets harmed by this next week.

what you want to tell me with your posting exactly?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, roederich.2716 said:

this is not true, anet posted already 3 weeks ago that they are going to do another beta at the end of the year and a second one in early next year.

nobody is caught unprepared.

and if so many players obviously arent reading anets info at all it is a shame of you to even dare to call anet "bunch of incompetent muppets" considering community wants info but doesnt read it when its published.

keep in mind a beta is not there so you have a special enjoyment for one week. a beta is a test of what programmers have been working on so they gather knowledge about what needs adjustment or further programming. it can happen that next week nothing works and that can even be part of the test.

so all you people please stop to act like you are not invited to a huge party and missing all the fun now... its a TEST and not a party event.

Are you going to repeat the same thing over and over in this post?

You are mistaking a generic announcement that there will be a new beta before the end of the year (no specific dates btw) with the actual specific announcement that it will be done at a specific date, with a specific deadline.

And with previous beta, most WvWers had already picked up the guild they want to spend the beta with, whereas here there is an additional choice to make and there is no anticipation.

And i keep in mind that it is a beta and as such a test... As such it should be prepared and if I was in charge of that said test and test subjects (ie: WvWers) have to make a choice prior to the test, i would make sure that they know it, not just rely on them stumbling into it by pure luck based on a vague announcement made a month ago, because like that i could see if that part is actually working and fix it right away and not having to wait one more beta (specially if there was an history of similar issues in previous betas, which there was).

Edited by Zepoolpe.9217
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

Are you going to repeat the same thing over and over in this post?

You are mistaking a generic announcement that there will be a new beta before the end of the year (no specific dates btw) with the actual specific announcement that it will be done at a specific date, with a specific deadline.

And with previous beta, most WvWers had already picked up the guild they want to spend the beta with, whereas here there is an additional choice to make and there is no anticipation.

And i keep in mind that it is a beta and as such a test... As such it should be prepared and if I was in charge of that said and test subjects (ie: WvWers) have to make a choice prior to the test, i would make sure that they know it, not just rely on them stumbling into it by pure luck based on a vague announcement made a month ago, because like that i could see if that part is actually working and fix it right away and not having to wait one more beta (specially if there was an history of similar issues in previous betas, which there was).

simply people claim cant prepare while knowing a beta takes place in december...

there is actually no specific date needed, if one got the info that it happens end of year one can already ready up things and just relax until it happens.

as said its not the first beta ever where one could say peeps dont know how to approach it.

making this as a reason to rant and attack anet staff on a personal basis calling them names like "muppets" is more than inappropriate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

In this post I already see the stress manifesting for this beta, even before the beta happens.😎

All this stress over a 1 week beta test in a game. Stop caring and live stress free. 🙂

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

All this stress over a 1 week beta test in a game. Stop caring and live stress free. 🙂

You'll notice most of the people complaining are the ones who won't have time to get their mega beta-alliance guilds together so they can run 80-man blobs against guilds of 20-25 for a week. I strongly suspect Anet intentionally announced this with almost no notice just to prevent this very thing from happening, as it usually results in the mega beta-alliance blobs being the only ones still playing after 2-3 days which runs counter to what Anet is trying to accomplish on the back end; ie. fewer players in WvW for the beta skews the information Anet is trying to gather.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

You'll notice most of the people complaining are the ones who won't have time to get their mega beta-alliance guilds together so they can run 80-man blobs against guilds of 20-25 for a week. I strongly suspect Anet intentionally announced this with almost no notice just to prevent this very thing from happening, as it usually results in the mega beta-alliance blobs being the only ones still playing after 2-3 days which runs counter to what Anet is trying to accomplish on the back end; ie. fewer players in WvW for the beta skews the information Anet is trying to gather.

I lean more towards what roederich wrote about the leadership of these large alliances not really having their acts together.  Good planning generally mitigates the impacts of last-minute hiccups you have little control over.  Why leave your 500 man alliance that you took the time and effort to assemble exposed to such risk?  Lessons to be learned by both Anet and these alliance leaders, I suppose.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I lean more towards what roederich wrote about the leadership of these large alliances not really having their acts together.  Good planning generally mitigates the impacts of last-minute hiccups you have little control over.  Why leave your 500 man alliance that you took the time and effort to assemble exposed to such risk?  Lessons to be learned by both Anet and these alliance leaders, I suppose.

True, but then I've always felt it was silly to form these large alliances for a week-long beta in the first place. I guess some players just don't know how to play without their 80-man organized blobs around. As you said, it's a week-long beta. Just chill with your normal guildmates and enjoy the ride!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

True, but then I've always felt it was silly to form these large alliances for a week-long beta in the first place. I guess some players just don't know how to play without their 80-man organized blobs around. As you said, it's a week-long beta. Just chill with your normal guildmates and enjoy the ride!

Agreed.  It's quite a lot of administrative overhead to get everyone cleared of a guild slot and invited and track players if they need invites back to their original guilds afterwards just for a week long beta.  That's why we didn't do it in another one of my guilds.  Just wait for the actual alliance functions in Phase 2 and enjoy fighting alongside new people for once.  Good opportunity to recruit too.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Auspicious.7312 said:

I selected my quild trough guildpanel which is for some reason still pending altough i set i very early and tried to unset / set the guild again + i set the guild in the beta panel. Still didnt end up in the same matchup....

Did you play WvW recently before the beta?

I have an EU account that is inactive and the guild also shows as pending.  I have to select a team to join.

anet messed simply up again. they added a new tab one week before beta without any explaination. i noticed tho that of my 3 accounts, also those where i picked team, it didn't always put me on the selected team, it just was superrandom.

it should have nevertheless prioritzed the selected guild, which it sadly did also not.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Probably true. 

This also sadly would mean that alliances, in the end, won't change anything really.  People will still gain the system and stack teams. The huge population difference issues won't be fixed. Mega teams stomping less populated teams. Same old same old.  🙄

• Like 1

I wonder if it will fix current issues as well. At the very least there will be less teams than current servers, so it will seem like more people are playing. The olden server merge basically. The only true way to fix stacking would be to deal people out like a pack of cards and limit transfers, but that would not go over very well.

LMAO I got the good ole queue bug where it popped while I was in combat, waited until I wasn't, then clicked to take it only it gave me a [We're sorry the princess is no longer in this castle, please get to the back of the line and try again!]

/slow clap

GG anet for wasting an hour waiting in queue.

I queued for WvW after reset, and eventually the queue dialog popped up. I clicked the button and it said EBG is full and put me at the end of the queue.

Note: this is during the current WvW beta and I had my beta guild selected 24hr+ before reset. It appears I was assigned to "Reaper's Corridor".

Update: waited out the queue again, popped and clicked Travel again and I got in.

Edited by Lagniappe.4869
  • Thanks 1