Queue Issues & Beta Announcement

Stonemist.4680

On 12/1/2022 at 2:13 AM, Stonemist.4680 said:

Greetings from the Mists!

We’re aware of the issues involving the WvW Queue at the moment and are looking into the issue.

And, while we have your attention, we’ll mention that the latest World Restructuring Beta Event begins on Dec. 2nd. This Beta will have more UI work and further behind the scenes work on automation.

Seeing you all in the Mists.

Floyd Grubb
Senior WvW Designer

Obviously the que bug has not been fixed, 
I was sent to the back of the que several times  today after I click enter when it is my que to enter.

• Confused 1

On 12/2/2022 at 11:20 PM, Trebuidoi.4701 said:

I wonder if it will fix current issues as well. At the very least there will be less teams than current servers, so it will seem like more people are playing. The olden server merge basically. The only true way to fix stacking would be to deal people out like a pack of cards and limit transfers, but that would not go over very well.

it's not that really more ppl are playing i'd say. it's pretty random if ur "team" has activity still, and where it would have activity. some seem very dead, other have those classy filled server 40+ queue on primetime

plus, during the beta there's always these pvE rewards (fast wxp and track gain, call of the mists) which lead to more unrelated people jumping into Wvw to farm their gift of battle pve rewards...

My feedback for what it's worth. 

1 I don't read the forums hardly at all so didn't see any announcement until very late. So another method to communicate a beta would be great.

2 Clearer and easy to find instructions on how the whole alliances things actually works and what a non guild player needs to do to not end up in a kitten group for an entire week would be appreciated. 

3 I've played GW2 from launch and played mostly WVW. If your goal ANET was to kitten me off enough to consider quitting continue with your abysmal balancing it's working. If it wasn't I would suggest that you've got a lot of work to do. Run all the data analytics on the Moogooloo match up and ask 'how could we have better balanced this?' 

4 If you haven't the skills to analyse the data and create a better balanced game, hire me and I'll happily help you out.

5 Good Luck! I know it isn't easy but please try harder.

P.S. In 10 years of playing this game this is only my second post (I think). So for me to be bothered to post a message here at all you know your beta balancing failure has really pissed me off. Just saying. Have a great day.

Edited by Phlingpufar.1504
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 3:38 AM, doozer.7063 said:

I tried to WvW first time after a very long break from the game. Can't figure out how to join an alliance. Can someone help? 

Find and join a WvW guild that you like on your server. Then you will assign that guild as your alliance guild in the guild management window (G).

Alliances are still not activated yet. There will be another beta week at the end of the month I hear.

If you don't assign a guild for alliance beta, then you will be fit in randomly in one of the alliance shards.

10 hours ago, Evenge.4067 said:

Find and join a WvW guild that you like on your server. Then you will assign that guild as your alliance guild in the guild management window (G).

Alliances are still not activated yet. There will be another beta week at the end of the month I hear.

If you don't assign a guild for alliance beta, then you will be fit in randomly in one of the alliance shards.

Got it! Thank you very much for the informative reply 🤗