help game stutter

robert.3475

same herei thought that w8.1 has problems with ryzen. but i just noticed that more options are added to graphic settings. that means something might not working well. Diablo 3 works without any issues @100-120 fps all at max.So problem is this game only

It seems that the 388.31 driver from nvidia has some serious issues. i'll try an older driver and see what i get.

same herei thought that w8.1 has problems with ryzen. but i just noticed that more options are added to graphic settings. that means something might not working well. Diablo 3 works without any issues @100-120 fps all at max.So problem is this game only

Edit 1: It seems that the 388.31 driver from nvidia has some serious issues. i'll try an older driver and see what i get.Edit 2: i've downgraded driver to 385.41 (the latest ive use on previous computer) but it seems that it is stuttering stillEdit 3: for some unknown reason editing the post created a new entry :)

nobut i'm back on w10 and the problems are goneedit: the reason i went back to w10 is that windows 8.1 kept writing logs on ssd about my x-fi sound card failing some things. but the logs were mark as information (not even warning). anyway i decided that my ssd does not like all those writings so i give it another go to w10 as much as i hate it.so the freezing might had been cause by my sound card failure but i have no way to know for sure since i got like 10 logs per minute even when i was just in windows doing nothing but monitoring all disks activity

• 2 weeks later...

@RexDragon.9581 said:If you are on Windows 10 check windows update. This update fixed the stutter for me.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051963/windows-10-update-kb4051963

• Addressed a performance regression when users run full-screen Microsoft DirectX 9 games and applications.

A lot of folks on Reddit and elsewhere have said that this helped with game stutter.(Something to keep in mind, even if GW2 is the only game affected, it might not be ANet.)

update: after a lot of trouble to start the old processor/motherboard (i5-3570k/p8z77-v Deluxe) with only 16 gb ram @1333 (i think) i've done a test with same windows 8.1 same graphic card/same ssd.conclusion: My new Ryzen system has problems. old computer has absolutely no issues with w8.1

Archived