Renewable way for ascended weapons?

DrippyT.7085

Trinkets are easy to obtain just from lw. Armor is not worth to get (at least for me as of now), but what about weapons? I know that you can get ascended weapons from that one HoT mission and from elite spec collections, but i essentially need 4. I already used cooking to get some levels, so i dont have another crafting license. So is there a renewable way to get stat statselectable ascended other than crafting from like raids or wvw? I need vipers, so the basic stats wont work. Every video i saw about asc. weapons was just talking abt the HoT mission and elite spec collection. So is there another way?

You can learn all the crafts on the same character without using the gem store upgrade. You just can't have them all active at once, but it only costs 50 silver to switch them and you will never lose any progress doing that.

Crafting is the most reliable way to get them, and can be done as many times as you like. Other than that the best way is instanced PvE (strikes, raids, Fractals) where you can get ascended equipment as drops and you're guaranteed to get currencies which can be used to buy it. WvW works too but I think it's slower/more expensive, but if you prefer playing WvW it's a good option.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

WvW works too but I think it's slower/more expensive, but if you prefer playing WvW it's a good option.

Getting them from WvW is a waste of gold and currency. Just the 250 Memories of Battle is already worth ~43g. Then it cost an additional 5g and skirmish tickets. A bit over a week for the tickets if you play a lot of WvW. The 3 marks requires 10 weeks or 17g to craft.

There aren't many ascended weapons that are more than 48g and most of the ones that are above 48g also include a skin unlock.