Theme for Keepsake weapons

Electro.4173

So a while back when the Keepsake weapon set came out and they were cheap on the TP I picked up 3 of them (Shortbow, Dagger, and Pistol) for my Thief who was only level 20 at the time. Thought the individual skins were cool and hadn't thought up an actual theme for her weapons yet, so I figured "Whatever, I'll figure out a theme when that fits the Keepsake weapons at some point".

Now I'm finally getting around to getting her leveled up, looking at the Keepsake skins I have, and... I'm stumped. I can't figure out what kind of theme I can use for other weapons that the Keepsake weapons fit into as well. I need something that has 2-3 other sets (or individual weapons) that fit together with the Keepsake skins. I can't do a mechanical theme because I already have another character that has a Nature vs Mechanics theme and I don't want to repeat any themes between characters.

So, I know I'm not the only one that does this sort of thing. Anyone else out there have any ideas with what sorts of themes the Keepsake weapons fit into?

For reference, here's the gallery of Keepsake stuff on Dulfy. http://dulfy.net/2017/05/16/gw2-keepsake-weapon-skins-gallery/

Whoops, I started a whole post on armor... sigh

It's really a matter of personal taste, and I get how tough it is. I was struggling to find some really solid, thematic matches. If you know what other weapon types you have in mind, that's the first step. From there, I'd recommend looking more closely at low level stuff (craft/drop/karma) to see if you can get a cheap solution. Cultural weapons could be another solution using karma as well.

I felt the Crimson Lion line had some similarities in the ornateness of it, but it's still a matter of opinion.

Best of luck in your Fashion Wars boss fight!

You might find this guide on Dulfy's site helpful: http://dulfy.net/2014/08/10/gw2-wardrobe-weapons-acquisitions-guide-by-sakari/ It might be that the unique named weapons offer better matches for you than the weapons sets do, though depending on your tastes, you may find the Priory's Historical skins are a good color match for the Keepsake skins.

@Taelac.7036 said:You might find this guide on Dulfy's site helpful: http://dulfy.net/2014/08/10/gw2-wardrobe-weapons-acquisitions-guide-by-sakari/ It might be that the unique named weapons offer better matches for you than the weapons sets do, though depending on your tastes, you may find the Priory's Historical skins are a good color match for the Keepsake skins.

Yeah, it doesn't have to be sets necessarily, I just want a theme to work off of, and once I have a theme then I'll look through all the weapon skins that fit that theme, whether they be part of a set or individual weapons.

Priory skins are a good suggestion, would fit a kind of locked secrets type theme as well as somewhat color matching.

Unfortunately, I already use Priory skins on my Guardian who uses a crystal / glass theme for her weapons. Plus, my Thief is in the Vigil and I don't really like using weapons outside their respective order.

Archived