World Restructuring Beta #6 Begins Tomorrow

Stonemist.4680

7 minutes ago, Eowin Of Rohan.2619 said:

You're failing to understand anything I say , and I don't know how I can help at this point 😞
I'm out of English skills.

Yea, I don't know how to help you understand that finishing wood division doesn't have anything to do with the beta announcement either.

• Thanks 1

So i got seperated from my guild even though we selected the same guild and team... Asked around in map chat and it seems I was not the only one.

Pretty much sucks cause we were planning on roaming this weekend but thats ruined now...

Hope it's an error that ANet will correct?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Can somebody explain me the logic of asking players to select their guilds AND pick their team? This is totally misleading and confusing: what's the point of selecting the team as individual and not the guilds?
Three entries points:
- Guild panel: "set your wvw guild"
- WvW panel, Tab BETA: select your guild, yeah ok, and not displaying the assigned team of the guild before reset is helping in the confusion
- WvW panel, Tab Team Selection: Wording abso not misleading and telling users it's Beta related, and what impact selecting the team has, as apparently it goes ABOVE the selection of the guild.
I quote "To participate, you must select your preferred WvW guild through the guild menu prior to midnight tonight. " THEN why the team panel dismissed or overwrote the guild selection choice? I quote again "Selecting a Team won't have any impact unless you have not played WvW recently. " <<-- Well there is impact.

(Outcome: guilds members picked Moogooloo, as I did and I am the only one there)

Thank you Anet for the mechanic-logic.

Edited by Sahm.2741
adding outcome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Yea, I don't know how to help you understand that finishing wood division doesn't have anything to do with the beta announcement either.

They're not a full time wvw player, and only bothers to take advantage of the bonuses I guess. So by the time they learned of the beta starting today they didn't have enough time to even go complete wood tier cause this week was not a "planned wvw week" for them.

Not sure why they would even bring up the old commitment pip though, 3 weeks to get the commitment but they can't manage to log in a day per week to keep it. Also not playing for months cause of 1 pip, when pips gains were increased by 2 last year, so even playing without that commitment pip they would have still been earning more than they did previously.

Let's be clear, I don't *aim* to play wvw just for rewards

But somehow the mechanic for faster rewards totally left them not wanting to play wvw for months on end.

🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Are you sure your guild mates didn't prank you, why would any guild players pick a server and not their guild...

We all picked our guild, not sure if "all" picked the team but some of us did definitely and announced it.

17 minutes ago, aspirine.6852 said:

Lol, cant even join or see wvw map selection screen. Been getting the same error message whole afternoon.

When was the last time you played WvW?  I can't join or see the map selection screen either, but it's on an account that hasn't played WvW in awhile.  I have to pick a team to join before I can enter WvW.

11 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

They're not a full time wvw player, and only bothers to take advantage of the bonuses I guess. So by the time they learned of the beta starting today they didn't have enough time to even go complete wood tier cause this week was not a "planned wvw week" for them.

Not sure why they would even bring up the old commitment pip though, 3 weeks to get the commitment but they can't manage to log in a day per week to keep it. Also not playing for months cause of 1 pip, when pips gains were increased by 2 last year, so even playing without that commitment pip they would have still been earning more than they did previously.

But somehow the mechanic for faster rewards totally left them not wanting to play wvw for months on end.

🤷‍♂️

Ah. Thanks for that.  I got distracted by the 3 week reference.  As you point out, it still doesn't make much sense.  It's only 1 extra pip and pip gain was increased.

I'm a casual player - I play only WvW after work in public tags. I PAID and moved servers and joined a guild specifically that runs a public tag everyday - we have 3-4 people that command and basically there is a commander everyday after work hours 8pm-11pm. 
Today I login, I can't play with my guildies, I'm assigned to some team or server? I changed 4 maps for over 3 hours and there is ZERO commanders so I can't play the game, I play support not a roamer.
Game is unplayable for me, and I really did not want to buy Dragonflight but I guess I have no choice now...

Edited by Believe.4251
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

When was the last time you played WvW?  I can't join or see the map selection screen either, but it's on an account that hasn't played WvW in awhile.  I have to pick a team to join before I can enter WvW.

This morning. I had a team selected, but kept on getting the cannot join wvw from an instanced blabla..

1 hour ago, Sahm.2741 said:

Can somebody explain me the logic of asking players to select their guilds AND pick their team? This is totally misleading and confusing: what's the point of selecting the team as individual and not the guilds?

the selection tab was not intended to be there and does nothing

58 minutes ago, Believe.4251 said:

I'm a casual player - I play only WvW after work in public tags. I PAID and moved servers and joined a guild specifically that runs a public tag everyday - we have 3-4 people that command and basically there is a commander everyday after work hours 8pm-11pm. 
Today I login, I can't play with my guildies, I'm assigned to some team or server? I changed 4 maps for over 3 hours and there is ZERO commanders so I can't play the game, I play support not a roamer.
Game is unplayable for me, and I really did not want to buy Dragonflight but I guess I have no choice now...

Did you set that guild as your WvW guild before the deadline?  In the guild panel you should see a little castle with a clock icon next to the selected guild like in this image:

https://imgur.com/a/fuRQkqQ

Edited by Chaba.5410

lol

These beta weeks are just looking like the typical wvw events, meant to draw people to play, but buggy as usual.

Also five betas in and anet is still high unorganized about it.

Half a menu that shouldn't be shown.

Beta announcement that should have been posted at the beginning of the week, not in the middle as a by the way. This couldn't be a last minute decision, because anet doesn't do last minute decisions, everything has to go through a long development process train, see balance updates for even quick fixes. Unless of course there wasn't much to development cause we're still getting wrong team placements six betas in and now wonky queues.

No details on guild/team menu selection leaving some players confused, deadline posted on the day of the deadline for midnight, midnight where? est pst utc? common sense would use the previous time, but why not give that detail since not everyone is around for all betas, and who wants to fish up the old post, and good luck with sticky post in the wvw forums, even this one isn't stickied.

In game mail for announcement that never reached like 99% of the players?

Another queue bug that suddenly showed up this week.

The further into betas we get, the more bugs we're getting lol.

I'm so glad I don't care where I end up, but man, what a clusterf this has been to watch, and could solve half the issues if they bothered with proper communication.

lmao "Cornerstone".

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Did you set that guild as your WvW guild before the deadline?  In the guild panel you should see a little castle with a clock icon next to the selected guild like in this image:

https://imgur.com/a/fuRQkqQ

Biggest issue when you add more variables to the mix. Old selection, new selection and team. Team 'should' not be impacting things but is it? Is it an interaction between the other two indicators and some non-syncing factor. Or is it another issue like the people trying to do their own tests with alliance guild creations exceeding some parameter that is set at a lower number not planning on testing that size of groups yet. 

If anyone here did end up somewhere different than the rest of your guild, mind indicating what you checked, guild tab/WvW Beta tab/WvW Team tab or if you went with your prior settings and roughly the size of your guild? If you didn't change anything and didn't get split last time but did this time that might be a good data point as well. Might help to debug this moving forward.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
Grammar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sahm.2741 said:

Can somebody explain me the logic of asking players to select their guilds AND pick their team? 

They didn't, it sounds like the UI release for Team selection was bit early but was not functioning and shouldn't have played a factor but I would question that. So did the others that got assigned a different world just have their guild selected either via the WvW Beat tab or the guild UI?    nevermind I see that you already answered the additional question so let me change that, if you get a chance mind asking your guildmates if other did both like you did?

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
edit since question was answered

7 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

No details on guild/team menu selection leaving some players confused

This is the major issue that I see.  Even if there were details given, the expectations as to the function are still extremely unclear.

There's no transparency in the guild UI as to who and how many members selected it for WvW.  So someone may see their guild members on another team and wonder why they aren't also on that team without understanding that those members may have selected a different guild.

It's not well understood whether inactive players who selected their guild are supposed to get placed automatically on a team or get team selection.  The UI also doesn't suggest a team for the inactive player to join their guildmates on, which seems different from what was stated in the FAQ.

Also, if you are an inactive player who was the only member who selected a specific guild, the guild doesn't get assigned a team.  You get a team selection.  Now we're back to the situation above where the player doesn't understand why they aren't placed on a team with other members who selected a different guild.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

If anyone here did end up somewhere different than the rest of your guild, mind indicating what you checked, guild tab/WvW Beta tab/WvW Team tab or if you went with your prior settings and roughly the size of your guild? If you didn't change anything and didn't get split last time but did this time that might be a good data point as well. Might help to debug this moving forward.

What would be helpful to know is whether they played WvW prior to the selection deadline too.  Does the system see them as an active or inactive player?  Does the UI show that the guild was assigned a team?

This is what the interface looks like if an inactive player was the only member in a guild that selected that guild.  Lots of "unknowns".

https://imgur.com/a/X8WYJpF

If the guild is assigned a team, does the player have the little castle/clock icon next to that guild?

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

This is the major issue that I see.  Even if there were details given, the expectations as to the function are still extremely unclear.

There's no transparency in the guild UI as to who and how many members selected it for WvW.  So someone may see their guild members on another team and wonder why they aren't also on that team without understanding that those members may have selected a different guild.

It's not well understood whether inactive players who selected their guild are supposed to get placed automatically on a team or get team selection.  The UI also doesn't suggest a team for the inactive player to join their guildmates on, which seems different from what was stated in the FAQ.

Also, if you are an inactive player who was the only member who selected a specific guild, the guild doesn't get assigned a team.  You get a team selection.  Now we're back to the situation above where the player doesn't understand why they aren't placed on a team with other members who selected a different guild.

I mean I get it, it's obviously not the final look or function of that feature, so it's imperative they explain it and not just dump it out there willynilly and expect every player to figure it out. And yeah some sort of number system to show who in the guild selected the guild would be useful. Hey guys looks like johnnyd didn't pick the guild yet, someone get him on the batphone and remind him now!

Team selection really shouldn't show up in the wvw menu until after world creations, and they're inactive from wvw for a long period, and need to be placed in a team immediately before playing, regardless of where their guilds are. What they should have done was show the guild selection menu in the guild panel(like they have done), then when the world creations are done(basically when the beta starts) the team selection menu shows up in the wvw panel for anyone who didn't get placed on a world. Then the late comers could ask their guild where they are and pick that world. Obviously some worlds could be full in the final product so that's kind of a penalty for being late, but for testing purpose all worlds should be open.

The guild selection is being moved anyways from the wvw panel eventually, I guess they'll do it next beta. 🤷‍♂️

Just would be good for them to document the changes so people aren't confused as much.

• Like 1