World Restructuring Beta #6 Begins Tomorrow

Stonemist.4680

11 minutes ago, Riatero.3621 said:

I pick server to play wvw. 

I don't understand why people blaming others as "Why you didn't pick your guild as your wvw team."

I just want to state that this new system is not good for me.

Where should we complain about it?

Ideally the server selection is not for players who have been playing wvw. You either pick a guild as your wvw guild to get into the same world as them, or you get randomly placed in a world at creations every two months(or at the start of the beta).

The selection is only for those who never stepped foot in wvw, or haven't in a long time so they have no background activity for the system to properly place them into worlds at creation. For the beta it's really not something that should be shown before the beta starts.

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Did you set that guild as your WvW guild before the deadline?  In the guild panel you should see a little castle with a clock icon next to the selected guild like in this image:

https://imgur.com/a/fuRQkqQ

Yes I did , and it apparently set it to ANOTHER guild that I had not selected as my WVW guild.
It selected the first guild in my list which is on a server that I moved on from because it had 0 commanders.

38 minutes ago, Believe.4251 said:

Yes I did , and it apparently set it to ANOTHER guild that I had not selected as my WVW guild.
It selected the first guild in my list which is on a server that I moved on from because it had 0 commanders.

That's annoying.  I'd open a ticket with support or use /bug and let them know all those details.

18 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Looks like I got stuck in a ppt backcap world

and I'm stuck in a server with a 50-man blob ganking groups of... 1 O_O

I'm already bored to death... Oh, and the team chat is beyond hideous. I've never, ever had the need to block so many people... But hey, at least I'm not in Moogooloo.

Edited by Arianth Moonlight.6453
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

and I'm stuck in a server with a 50-man blob ganking groups of... 1 O_O

I'm already bored to death... Oh, and the team chat is beyond hideous. I've never, ever had the need to block so many people... But hey, at least I'm not in Moogooloo.

You either found the Mag or SBI players! 😂

16 minutes ago, DtenCfour.3567 said:

It has happened to over 20 in my guild as well. 

Side note, so did your guild get split? If so, if you don't mind, drop details about who/what/where in the subforum so that they can get more info and more ways to narrow down the bug that is splitting people. Server pride side myself but WR is in works so sooner we can debug the better. Good hunting to you!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Side note, so did your guild get split? If so, if you don't mind, drop details about who/what/where in the subforum so that they can get more info and more ways to narrow down the bug that is splitting people. Server pride side myself but WR is in works so sooner we can debug the better. Good hunting to you!

You too, I posted in another thread what happened to us. Basically, 50 of us kept clicking "This is my WvW" guild in the G menu.  Also many double checked via the WvW menus to ensure we were together.  We did this because last time, many did not make the leap to the beta.

I would add two things, Every server was Qued when I tried to get on by about 25 on each BL.  A bit overcrowded and needs adjustment.

Half the guild was seeing an Anet Tag on one person and the other half only saw his Guild Tag.  One of our members whispered him/her and let him know.  Some kind of graphics glitch.

One person today was in the Q at 20 something, got down to 4, then the game put him back in the 20s. He quit for the day.

1 hour ago, DtenCfour.3567 said:

You either found the Mag or SBI players!

no siege and no ppt so definitely not mag (thank the gods). Luckily, I found that the best fighting guild from my sever is here (along with some other familiar names) so I'm basically at home.

oh, and red has shown some numbers so after a boring start, things turned alright.

• Haha 1

I would have preferred another ingame announcer. (Didn't last time the suggestion to use ingame mails got used?) I do not read this sub forums that often. News on the website (if there were any) ... usually are a lot in advance and people might forget. So this was a bit sudden. (Though I saw the UI changes with the new tabs in the WvW panel. But I thought the last beta was later in the previous link phase and I did not expect another one this week. I think there is usually one in each link phase so the people can still play a lot together with their link?)

For me: Not a problem. I do not really play in guilds. (At least not yet with the old system still available.) But there still might be people that forgot to select their WvW guild that would have liked to to so: 😧

Actually: Does the system already remember previous selections? (Then it would only be a problem for people that never selected a guild or for people that wanted to change their WvW guild. Would at least avoid problems for others.)

Nice this time: The achievement worked. And it was possible to earn it pretty quickly. (The one for the skin.) Finished with my wooden tier and the achievement - and the WvW for this week until the next reset. (Unless I get obsidian sanctum challenge for my solo guild at monday and need to restock participatoin to max tier 6 10:00 minutes timer.) Glad I do not have to go to WvW later again for achievements since it worked immediately.

Edited by Luthan.5236

4 hours ago, DKRathalos.9625 said:

Do you guys think they treat it like regular returning event for WvW? I doubt they want to fully implement alliance, making regular event like this is less complicated.

That's what I kinda alluded to in another post. I feel like they're on the same ole path of not really working on it and just letting play out as a special event instead(this time around feels like they've taken steps back with more mismatching of players from guilds and the old and new queue bugs showing up this week). Hey at least we're getting it more often than down state event lmao.

WvW <- "look how they massacred my boy"

So sad.

19 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Probably doesn't identify as a quaggan.

18 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

am I supposed to ride into battle screaming MOOGOOLOO?! Seven Pines was bad enough...

Still ID as a Choppa so it remains as "WAAAAGH!". I admit assume JK but what do you yell on your normal non-beta server lol?

• Haha 1