Wind Storm - Getting Stuck in Walls

Kako.1930

Has anyone else had issues getting stuck in walls and objects when using Wind Storm (4 skill in air on the hammer for catalyst)? This has happened so many times to me now that I try to avoid using it unless I'm in an open area, but it stinks to basically not have access to one of the skills most of the time. (Especially for one of the few CC skills available)

This happens in PVP, WVW and PVE. In PVP it turns the match into a 4 v 5 until you die, and if the other team doesn't kill you then you have to manually relog and deal with the added respawn delay. 

I was thinking that maybe having the skill be similar to the engineer's rifle knockback after the changes would be better. (It used to knock the engineer back, too, but it's much better to use now.) Or maybe have it stun the ele for 1 second or something instead if the self-CC needs to stay, rather than knocking the ele back. Thoughts? 

• Like 2

That skill need a complete rework , why not a flip skill who allow you to choose to fly away or not , i am always afraid when playing catalyst missclicking this skill , feels like going trough a crossroad with 4 branch blind , hoping you will not crash agaisnt another car having priority.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just saw the most recent AT on MightyTeapot's channel on Youtube and it looks like this happened to the catalyst in the final match (Xdd Raiken at 2:22:23), too. He had to relog and never got back into the match due to the timeout, but fortunately it happened so close to the end of the game that their team still won. 

Hopefully they fix this. Even just giving it the same treatment as the old engi's Overcharged Shot would be nice. I'm not sure why they would fix it for them and then give eles the broken version lol. 😅

Edited by Kako.1930
Adding a link to the video.
  • Haha 1