Rifle looks and feels terrible now, please consider reverting the animation

Artemis.8034

I can handle the damage nerf thats not the issue, but in my humble opinion changing the burst animation just wrecks the flow. It feels awkward and bad looks stuttery , can you just nerf the damage and leave the animation alone please. This was really unnecessary and its making a lot of players unhappy, we play for fun, part of that fun is when our animations and spells look cool. Even with a damage nerf people would have still liked playing rifle because its fun to see its animations and it feels smooth. Now its just a awkward stutter. I have np with the damage nerf , big problem with the look and feel of playing rifle. And in gw2 we play to also look cool, and feel like we are smoothly playing

Edited by Artemis.8034
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

I am going to ask here for you to clarify. You referring to PvE or PvP/WvW nerfs. Because I absolutely do not want a PvE nerf in numbers because that matters more for endgame. Animations you can adjust too over time and is in no way worthy for a trade off for a damage nerf(in PvE). Numbers matter more to me over clankiness with the new AA.

Now if you are referring to PvP/WvW then that is a seperate matter altogether. I don't do those modes, so you can take the nerf talk up with them in those modes lolz. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Ideally they revert the unecessary change to rifle because the weapon is far from being OP

See I am fine with that as you know from other posts, but people keep on bringing up this hair brain nerf idea instead when all they should be asking for is just to revert it back instead of trying to ruin it even more.

1 hour ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Isn't Deadeye 3 basically the same thing as it was though?

Yep. DE 3 even has two fire modes - one for when standing where it fires two shots (In a FAR LESS glitchy-looking animation), and three when crouched with the exact same animation as Engie 1 had on rifle for a few glorious months (Copy+Pasta, and it worked fine!).

DE 3 even adds stupid amounts of Might to the DE that casts it - sure, it costs Initiative, but Initiative is about the same cost as a sip of Kool-Aid. Negligible at a push, and a forced few moments to stop spamming the button at most.

2 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

The animations were broken with Quickness, especially on Charr. It looked cool but very unprofessional.

Funny that "fixing" something that is "unprofessional" in a game that sports killing while wearing loincloths is your choice of focus here - especially when there are many many many years worth of bugs that one would think would be both easy and quick to fix, but have gone unfixed (even recent things!).. yeah , I dont get your view point at all

• Like 1
  • Confused 2