AFK Spamming 111 Rifle Mechanist is still very strong in PVE

A Hamster.2580

In my opinion, it is irrelevant, and detracts from the essence of this thread, to mention my post elsewhere.  My post in wvw related to people who were using tactics to circumvent the afk kick system, and in that post, I didn't in anyway state a determination as to why the person(s) were afk, or what that consistent of, or to what extent, nor would I.  This thread is about, as it states, afk rifle spamming in pve.

Edited by HeIIica.2945
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

God no. Leave hipshot in the ground. The double burst still looks 10x better than the travesty known as hipshot AA. You still look like you know what you are doing because the rifle is on your shoulder like it should be. Leave hipshot AA in the grave please.

And from a gameplay point of view, I really also want to keep the explosion on the auto attack to be able to frequently trigger explosives traits with the rifle. That is a feature I wish all engineer power weapons to have, that they can get used with our power traitline consistently.

They just have to fix the rifle burst, but please don't bring back hipshot.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, HeIIica.2945 said:

In my opinion, it is irrelevant, and detracts from the essence of this thread, to mention my post elsewhere.  My post in wvw related to people who were using tactics to circumvent the afk kick system, and in that post, I didn't in anyway state a determination as to why the person(s) were afk, or what that consistent of, or to what extent, nor would I.  This thread is about, as it states, afk rifle spamming in pve.

The whole issue with this "AFK HAS ITS LITERAL MEANING!" is exactly that it is irrelevant, and detracts from the essence of this thread to nitpick about LITERAL afk meaning while it's absolutely clear how it's being used here.

It only proves further you're doing it knowingly and intentionally since within the same hour you've had a thread in wvw using "afk" in a non-literal way as well. Is it clear enough now? You know this is non-literal afk. You know people use it, duh, YOU are using it that way. So how about you actually address what this thread is about instead? 🙄

36 minutes ago, Wolfshade.9251 said:

Looks like there's only 1 solution to the mechanist problem. Com the groups ourselves with only requirement being "no mechanists" and kick every single mechanist we see.

Wait... what?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 12/2/2022 at 8:08 AM, A Hamster.2580 said:

no boons on myself, standing next to mech - 13.6k per sec

no boons on myself, standing far from mech - 9.9k per sec

full boons on myself, standing next to mech - 22.2k per sec

full boons on myself, standing far from mech - 18.9k per sec

22k DPS with AA isn't earthshattering considering how Scourge, Vindi, Virtuoso, Mirage, etc can reach similiar or exact same - if not somewhat higher - numbers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Wolfshade.9251 said:

Looks like there's only 1 solution to the mechanist problem. Com the groups ourselves with only requirement being "no mechanists" and kick every single mechanist we see.

In that case, I'm going to use bomb kit on mechanist and just afk and contribute nothing. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

God no. Leave hipshot in the ground. The double burst still looks 10x better than the travesty known as hipshot AA. You still look like you know what you are doing because the rifle is on your shoulder like it should be. Leave hipshot AA in the grave please.

I disagree, at least hipshot had impact. The 2x burst should look stupid. It just give the feeling that the character is waving the weapons randomly and some time bullet come out of it. It look stupid, have no weight, no impact. I can belive thats the kind of amateur animation they want in their game. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2022 at 7:16 AM, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Firebrand is still strong despite the nerf. But Anet made it super unfun to play it. And that's the same for Mechanist

People in PvE are complaining that rifle now is bland and unfun and Mechanist has to fight against an issue that exist since GW2 launch that is pet AI.

People in PvP/WvW are complaining rifle is complete trash.

its really isnt very strong now with the huge dps nerf

• Like 5

5 hours ago, EyzKold.8247 said:

Rifle mech is not in a good state in WVW.  It really sucks.  I seldom use the rifle mech but instead use the mortar kit.  You only get hits or kills if the targets are stationary. Otherwise, just use hmech for laughs.  Takes forever to kill anything…but it works.

Not only that, I have my pet in passive mode and he runs to the boss to attack.. WvW that is a killer.  Thanks for the screwed up build Anet.  FIX it. ty

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

At this point, just play Virt. It has a similar LI benchmark, but it's capable of a lot more once you put practice into it

And this right there is what the "the end is neigh, PMech now useless!!!111" crowd obviously does not want to do. Else they wouldn't repeat the hilarious mantra of "who thinks PMech needs nerfs hates LI builds in general" over and over again. They just don't see that PMech is not just an LI build but is STILL perfectly usable even for endgame content running on full auto mode.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Nash.2681 said:

And this right there is what the "the end is neigh, PMech now useless!!!111" crowd obviously does not want to do. Else they wouldn't repeat the hilarious mantra of "who thinks PMech needs nerfs hates LI builds in general" over and over again. They just don't see that PMech is not just an LI build but is STILL perfectly usable even for endgame content running on full auto mode.

In the last runs I've had PMech in end game content were doing nothing exactly relevant to the team. The DPS was roughly on par with support build but unlike support player, they dont bring anything else to the table. Literally getting carried. 

So yeah, it is still usable but any group who actually want a DPS will not accept you instead of Condi Mech, Power Holo or even Power Scrapper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

In the last runs I've had PMech in end game content were doing nothing exactly relevant to the team. The DPS was roughly on par with support build but unlike support player, they dont bring anything else to the table. Literally getting carried. 

So yeah, it is still usable but any group who actually want a DPS will not accept you instead of Condi Mech, Power Holo or even Power Scrapper.

Not my experience at all. As long as a dps does not absolute trash dps (like 6k or sth.) and doesn't constantly mess up any crucial mechanics, like oils at Deimos, I have yet to come across any trigger happy commander removing those players from their squad. 

Sure, if you're looking as a dps for a static that has some standards and all you have to offer is a PMech played the most lazy possible way, you might run into issues. But for lfg pugs? Not really.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/16/2022 at 6:49 PM, Nash.2681 said:

i think there are a subset in that group who genuinely loved the pmech aesthetic.. its a difficult pill to swallow to be told play something else in the name of efficiency… specially when they had a taste of what was. .

pmech wasnt top bench before rifle and mech genius changes as well, so its a little saltier..

7 hours ago, iNaddict.8021 said:

i think there are a subset in that group who genuinely loved the pmech aesthetic.. its a difficult pill to swallow to be told play something else in the name of efficiency… specially when they had a taste of what was. .

pmech wasnt top bench before rifle and mech genius changes as well, so its a little saltier..

I can see the aesthetic argument to a certain degree. Yet I'm pretty sure those that care about performance (aka those being salty about the dmg nerf) didn't even care about the change to pew pew if the numbers had remained the same. Vice versa, those who play for fun and visual aesthetics wouldn't have to worry about the slight dps nerf since it's quite irrelevant to clearing content. Ofc I can see them being upset about it, but then again, one would think they'd at least be able to understand why adjustments had to be made. If that had to be at the cost of animations surely is debatable, but also subject to personal taste. I've also seen people actually be happy about the animation change.

And to repeat for the gazillioned time- it's not only about benchmark numbers, PMech critic was always about the the possibility to not even activly play the game while getting top tier results coupled with the almost unprecedented dps uptime of the build.

51 minutes ago, Nash.2681 said:

I can see the aesthetic argument to a certain degree. Yet I'm pretty sure those that care about performance (aka those being salty about the dmg nerf) didn't even care about the change to pew pew if the numbers had remained the same. Vice versa, those who play for fun and visual aesthetics wouldn't have to worry about the slight dps nerf since it's quite irrelevant to clearing content. Ofc I can see them being upset about it, but then again, one would think they'd at least be able to understand why adjustments had to be made. If that had to be at the cost of animations surely is debatable, but also subject to personal taste. I've also seen people actually be happy about the animation change.

And to repeat for the gazillioned time- it's not only about benchmark numbers, PMech critic was always about the the possibility to not even activly play the game while getting top tier results coupled with the almost unprecedented dps uptime of the build.

you would think the majority of those who care about performance, would just gravitate to the next best thing.. 

i do somewhat see, those who who never frequent the forums will just keep on carrying on like nothing happened.. those who truly just love the spec..

personally, i dont think it needed the last round of  nerfs . it wasnt pulling stellar numbers..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, iNaddict.8021 said:

you would think the majority of those who care about performance, would just gravitate to the next best thing.. 

i do somewhat see, those who who never frequent the forums will just keep on carrying on like nothing happened.. those who truly just love the spec..

personally, i dont think it needed the last round of  nerfs . it wasnt pulling stellar numbers..

I should have been more precise, what I ment is "those who care about the absurd output for minimal input". I don't think they care for animations, they just loved to have an ez pez spec that let them compete with minimal to no effort.

Yes, those who don't go to the forums will probably just carry on, since you can still do anything with PMech what those folks did before. Besides the animation, they'll barely notice a difference.

And ofc you didn't pull stellar numbers, that's exactly what the criticism of PMech was never about. But it produces far too high numbers in relation to player effort + uptime + safety.

Edited by Nash.2681

You could literally just change it back to a three-round burst and players would stop complaining because its never been about damage, its always been about the machinegun. They want the animation, nothing more.

We've actually been here before, though. There was a time when Elementalist was king with its low intensity build using just the staff in fire attunement all the time, mostly depending on autos. On this configuration around HoT era Ele could get high benchmarks, but it did some horrible things to the class that it never recovered from.

The entire class's future was sacrificed just for an aesthetic of being a lazy fire-camping mage, and the complaining didn't stop for years afterwards (until Weaver came along, more or less).

Low intensity doesn't mean "no intensity", and that's where players get confused. Power Rifle Mech is still a no intensity build, and Engi as a whole will always suffer for it.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Just the animation change will do. I really do not care about damage or mech changes. I just want to blast stuff with some sort of decent flow in the animation. 

Now it just has weird pauzes-breaks in the animation, like it's trying not to poop while farting or something. XD

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Hemi.5267 said:

Just the animation change will do. I really do not care about damage or mech changes. I just want to blast stuff with some sort of decent flow in the animation. 

Now it just has weird pauzes-breaks in the animation, like it's trying not to poop while farting or something. XD

Me too man... Feels bad. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1