Incoming Condition damage reduced in shroud?

Crystal Black.8190

Well this is a reaper skill that reduces damage taken further. I mean the damage reduction that you get by simply being in shroud ad to which one base necro has access too.

We know what you meant.You are expected to transfer conditions, necromancer has many tools for this.

Well this is a reaper skill that reduces damage taken further. I mean the damage reduction that you get by simply being in shroud ad to which one base necro has access too.

We know what you meant.You are expected to transfer conditions, necromancer has many tools for this.

While in shroud, there are not many ways to do so except some traits that cant get close to the amount of conditions flying around.

While in shroud, there are not many ways to do so except some traits that cant get close to the amount of conditions flying around.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plague_Sendinghttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shrouded_Removalhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Necromantic_Corruption

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Corrupter%27s_Fervor

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

Necromantic Corruption requires a full minion build to be useful, and Shrouded Removal is never used because it requires you to use Death Magic which is only useful for minion builds, except shrouded removal competes with the primary minion trait, so it won't even be used there. Plague Sending can only be used once per shroud usage.

Necromancers do not have effective means for handling conditions in shroud.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

Necromantic Corruption requires a full minion build to be useful, and Shrouded Removal is never used because it requires you to use Death Magic which is only useful for minion builds, except shrouded removal competes with the primary minion trait, so it won't even be used there. Plague Sending can only be used once per shroud usage.

Ok let's look at this differently,Who is the class that dumps the most varied conditions out at the moment?My heart bleeds, gg

@Justine.6351 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

Ok let's look at this differently,Who is the class that dumps the most varied conditions out at the moment?My heart bleeds, gg

You are completely ignoring that scourge does not have a shroud and this talk is about core necro and reaper.

@Crystal Black.8190 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

You are completely ignoring that scourge does not have a shroud and this talk is about core necro and reaper.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Relentless_Pursuithttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Lemongrass_Poultry_Souphttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Melandruhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Hoelbrak

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusing_Terror

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Corrupter%27s_Fervorhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soul_Spiral

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/"Rise!"https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Necromantic_Corruption

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shrouded_Removal

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Purityhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Generosity

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Curry_Mussel_Soup

So we have to rely on third things while in shroud not to mention food doesnt work in pvp.You dont have access to utility skills while in shroud neither do all necromancers use minions not to mention that it usually is a bad idea to use minions.What does Soul Spiral do in that list it does not transfer conditions ever? I will just blindly guess that you could mean to combine it with Corrupters Favor which would still lead to no meaningfull protection while it is on a skill used to deal damage and in a traitline that rarely can be justified over others if you dont run minions.

At least i can have some fun with this "discussion"

@Crystal Black.8190 said:So we have to rely on third things while in shroud not to mention food doesnt work in pvp.You dont have access to utility skills while in shroud neither do all necromancers use minions not to mention that it usually is a bad idea to use minions.What does Soul Spiral do in that list it does not transfer conditions ever? I will just blindly guess that you could mean to combine it with Corrupters Favor which would still lead to no meaningfull protection while it is on a skill used to deal damage and in a traitline that rarely can be justified over others if you dont run minions.

@Crystal Black.8190 said:Is there a reason shroud never got updated to reduce incoming condition damage like it does with direct damage?

You started this topic asking about condi damage reduction. Then switched to condi removal. And now you want to cry that you have to run a certain traitline with certain utilities with select sigils and runes and so on?

You do realize that EVERYONE else in game is forced to run certain traitlines, utilities and sigils/runes to deal with condi garbage spam right now yes?

Be sure to thank condi NECROMANCERS for this.

The worst part of this (and i'm a necro player) is you don't understand that just shroud, with nothing else, you just went into shroud and it changed your health bar till it ran out would STILL BE A DEFENSE against condition damage, extra right out of the gate. condition damage is unaffected by toughness, and you have a whole extra hp bar......And yes, there are ways to deal with it on top of that even. But you cannot instantly deal with everything that comes your way 100%, or else we would just all be invulnerable. Whatever you've specced towards in your build is your choices made. If you want to give up something to target condition removal, go for it. The necro has it made as far as freedom to adjust the build across all 3 specializations now. There's very little you just cannot affford to lose should you need to adapt, so feel free, but give it a chance first. As soon as you say just have NO WAY to deal with something, it just kills the discussion because it's a general statement with no substantiation to support it.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Crystal Black.8190 said:So we have to rely on third things while in shroud not to mention food doesnt work in pvp.You dont have access to utility skills while in shroud neither do all necromancers use minions not to mention that it usually is a bad idea to use minions.What does Soul Spiral do in that list it does not transfer conditions ever? I will just blindly guess that you could mean to combine it with Corrupters Favor which would still lead to no meaningfull protection while it is on a skill used to deal damage and in a traitline that rarely can be justified over others if you dont run minions.

@Crystal Black.8190 said:Is there a reason shroud never got updated to reduce incoming condition damage like it does with direct damage?

You started this topic asking about condi damage reduction. Then switched to condi removal. And now you want to cry that you have to run a certain traitline with certain utilities with select sigils and runes and so on?

You do realize that EVERYONE else in game is forced to run certain traitlines, utilities and sigils/runes to deal with condi garbage spam right now yes?

It can talk! Hurray!I started this topic to hint that there still is this mechanic, a relict if you wish, that like many other skills and traits never got updated when condition damage was implemented as a main source of damage, unlike newer damage reduction which usually reduce both.You then started to link a skill that had no real connection to the topic without writing a single word to explain anything.You then suggested that necromancers are supposed to transfer conditions from them and it got hinted that there are very limited ways for a necromancer to do this while in shroud.And finally you started to spam links like there is no tomorrow completely shifting from necro is supposed to transfer condition while in shroud (which limitations were allreaddy shown) to some passive aggressiveness linking stuff that mostly didnt even make any sense anymore. Probably because you are enraged because you died a hundred times to often to a scourge and cant stand it that there is a question that implies that necro could be buffed being afraid that scourge would get stronger while it wouldnt even affect them.

I hope we can agree that this could have been a nice discussion had you actually responded with words that arent on the edge of qq'ing or spamming links.

@Crystal Black.8190 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

It can talk! Hurray!I started this topic to hint that there still is this mechanic, a relict if you wish, that like many other skills and traits never got updated when condition damage was implemented as a main source of damage, unlike newer damage reduction which usually reduce both.You then started to link a skill that had no real connection to the topic without writing a single word to explain anything.You then suggested that necromancers are supposed to transfer conditions from them and it got hinted that there are very limited ways for a necromancer to do this while in shroud.And finally you started to spam links like there is no tomorrow completely shifting from necro is supposed to transfer condition while in shroud (which limitations were allreaddy shown) to some passive aggressiveness linking stuff that mostly didnt even make any sense anymore. Probably because you are enraged because you died a hundred times to often to a scourge and cant stand it that there is a question that implies that necro could be buffed being afraid that scourge would get stronger while it wouldnt even affect them.

I hope we can agree that this could have been a nice discussion had you actually responded with words that arent on the edge of qq'ing or spamming links.

He is right though. Necro is arguably the best profession in gw2 for dealing with conditions. We don't need anymore help in that respect.And his passive aggressiveness is somewhat justified. It would be like an Ele asking for more damage in pve and expecting other professions not to shoot down the idea.

To the original topic: reason for not updating? Because Anet agrees that we don't need anymore help vs condi damage, in that regard.

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:Shroud does take half damage from conditions, just like physical damage.

That should have been the answer given from the very begining... I just don't understand why peeps goes all the way listing unrelated things. And yes, condi transfert/cleanse/condi conversion are not related with what the title of the topic say: "condition damage reduced in shroud".

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

You can utilize DM for toughness builds. Dm/spite/reaper works fine with me and i never have problems with condis, even against scourge or DD.

@Kumouta.4985 said:why are people talking about dealing with conditions and condition removal here when the question is whether or not we are 50% more vulnerable to conditions than we are to power in shroud or not? luckily Drarnor didn't go off topic and gave the answer to the actual question

Because it is all relevant to the topic. You need to justify it to Anet for the change to happen. And with Necros current position on dealing with conditions, I don't think Anet will be doing anything about it soon.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@Kumouta.4985 said:why are people talking about dealing with conditions and condition removal here when the question is whether or not we are 50% more vulnerable to conditions than we are to power in shroud or not? luckily Drarnor didn't go off topic and gave the answer to the actual question

Because it is all relevant to the topic. You need to justify it to Anet for the change to happen. And with Necros current position on dealing with conditions, I don't think Anet will be doing anything about it soon.

That's the initial question:

Answer: it already does.

Result: end of the thread.

Archived