Anyone Have a Guide for Getting All the Mastery Points?

Necalli.4753

Hey all!

Hope you guys are having a fantastic Friday! I've recently decided to take the full plunge into GW2. I've followed the game for a while and popped in an out for all the expansions, but really only just engaged with the story before dropping. I've decided I'd go all in this time and complete some of those long standing goals I've had for GW2 for a while. The first one being getting all the masteries (after wrapping up the EoD story). The issue I'm running into is finding a cohesive guide to unlocking the points. Especially the more complicated achievements with points. My question is, does someone have a complete guide to unlocking all the points or is it something I'm going to have to put together a la carte? 

25 minutes ago, Necalli.4753 said:

Hey all!

Hope you guys are having a fantastic Friday! I've recently decided to take the full plunge into GW2. I've followed the game for a while and popped in an out for all the expansions, but really only just engaged with the story before dropping. I've decided I'd go all in this time and complete some of those long standing goals I've had for GW2 for a while. The first one being getting all the masteries (after wrapping up the EoD story). The issue I'm running into is finding a cohesive guide to unlocking the points. Especially the more complicated achievements with points. My question is, does someone have a complete guide to unlocking all the points or is it something I'm going to have to put together a la carte? 

are you talking about achievement points or mastery points i am unsure? either way there is usually a tone of infor on guildwars2 wiki that gets me through pretty much anything and if i hit a snag youtube has some good video guides for more difficult ones just gotta find a channel that explains it good sometimes.Other than that in game map chat can work sometimes usually better if you already have in mind what you need help with. Good Luck!! Welcome Back

9 hours ago, Necalli.4753 said:

Hey all!

If you do indeed mean mastery points each type has more than enough to complete each set of Masteries. Obviously some MPs are easier to obtain than others. I would suggest making note of how many MPs you need of each type for each MP track then decide which tracks look the most useful and start with those.

The Hero panel has a filter that can be very useful when working on specific types of Mastery and/or achivement points. The Filter will let you toggle which show up in the tables to make it easier to locate which you need for each Expac+core and what achievements you have left that would give you that type of MP.

That is pretty much what most of us do I think. That is we for example figure out how many HoT MPs we need to be able to finish training gliding or what ever. Next filter the Hero Panel's achievement lists to only show HoT MP related stuff and figure out the easiest looking N-number of achievements to give us N MPs to spend.

Which specifically are easiest depends on what you want to do partly. Personally, I look for strongboxes, insights and other sorta instant ones then I start looking for JPs, story chapters, fun/quick ones first.

Hope that helps some.

The main thing to know imo is about the Achievements filter

I dont think there is a guide for all MP because they range from "go there press a button" to loong and/or expensive collections that by themselves are guide worthy. 

I agree that achiev filter (button right of the search field in the achievement panel) is very useful. 

• Like 1