Beta 2.12.

Again you managed to split guilds even if they have chosen same guild they were on different servers... but hey some are on different servers cause you missed to inform all players ...

as topping still massive q bugs... hope the ewp bug ( not seen on other borders ) and borderbugs ( one team cant get in or crashed from map) are fixxed now ( 1h before reset we still had them) ...

pls fixsome of this soon ... cheers Eve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It sounds like things are breaking.  That much is normal for a beta, but there's also the communication snafu that is probably making it harder to spot the breaking things.

However, I don't think this is a reason to give up.  The systems that are breaking didn't even exist before--the fact that they are here to fail means progress has been made.  This feels like a step back, but if we zoom out the overall tendency is still forward.

• Haha 1

The think is: With big guilds ... later if the finished thing gets released: It might be impossible to keep all guilds together + keeping the things balanced at the same time.

Imagine they wanted to make  "shards" (that is what the new worlds will be called I think) with about 500 players. There is an alliance with 400 players. And they use it as start wanting to fill things up ... of course there always should be enough solo players to fill up. But maybe at some point it could lead to either guilds having to be split ... or creating an imbalance. (I fthere was a guild with 200 players thad had to be added together with the other 400 ... making it 600 there vs ... 500 everywhere else.)

We do not know about this yet. (Also not known how/if thtey can calculate how often a person logs in and playes. That is a total mystery. They probably just know whether someone logged in during the weekly matchup at least once ... or never. But no further measuere as to how long/often and which times and days. That would technically mean a lot of more work to even implement a system to just measure such stuff.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Luthan.5236 said:

The think is: With big guilds ... later if the finished thing gets released: It might be impossible to keep all guilds together + keeping the things balanced at the same time.

Imagine they wanted to make  "shards" (that is what the new worlds will be called I think) with about 500 players. There is an alliance with 400 players. And they use it as start wanting to fill things up ... of course there always should be enough solo players to fill up. But maybe at some point it could lead to either guilds having to be split ... or creating an imbalance. (I fthere was a guild with 200 players thad had to be added together with the other 400 ... making it 600 there vs ... 500 everywhere else.)

We do not know about this yet. (Also not known how/if thtey can calculate how often a person logs in and playes. That is a total mystery. They probably just know whether someone logged in during the weekly matchup at least once ... or never. But no further measuere as to how long/often and which times and days. That would technically mean a lot of more work to even implement a system to just measure such stuff.)

The new servers would be big enough for min 3 allainces they told us before ( many times ) so that no alliance will have majority on a server... and when they start with put on every server first alliances and add smaller guilds and pugs it should be nearly even... but atm the issue is... they dindt communicate and its worse than betas before with managing the correct server for all ppl in a guild

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh i forgot... pls anet implement (as you promised in the beginning ) a point where guilds can choose for wich language they want to be added ... ppl dont leave some national servers for international (en) servers to be stuck again with same as before... and some guilds wanna have a team they are able to understand the map/teamchat... if you dont speak fr, esp, ger its horrible if majority only speaks this... dont forget eu is not!!! na ... we dont speak all same language and not all learn it... 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sviel.7493 said:

It sounds like things are breaking.  That much is normal for a beta, but there's also the communication snafu that is probably making it harder to spot the breaking things.

You're right, by not communicating properly in a more generous time period, they added on into the mess unnecessary. There may be players misplaced because they're new and didn't know about the beta process, or players who weren't able to pick their guild in time,  but they all now complain they weren't placed properly. Now they have to try and separate those from the ones who actually did pick a guild but still got misplaced, that is the actual process that needs to be fixed.

I guess in part that goes back to the in game mail not working, how did that fail? when every single event they send you one about the store or pve event.

Not to mention the queue fixes seem to have added new problems, now the queue numbers don't seem to adjust properly for a period of time, but also now you get the map to pop but it tells you sorry it's full go back to the end of the line again, why did it pop if there was no space in the first place?

Sloppy anet as usual, one step forward three steps back.

Yep, having the team selection tab visible to everyone and the snafu with the in-game mail means they've added on work to themselves in having to sort out every instance of misplacement to determine if it was user error or their process error.  Makes it much harder to find the actual bugs with misplacement.

8 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

We do not know about this yet.

Anet has told us how it works. So we do know. It's not "shards" and they dont "fill up". Once again for the umptieleventh time on these forums, this post is a mishmash of alliances and teams.

Sigh, sometimes I think Anet should simply have called them "WvW guilds" instead, to seperate them from normal guilds yet still making players understand it's just another type of guild and separate from the world/team/server. The perception that an alliance has to be 500 for balance - which is the cap and nothing else - is about as logical as saying that a 30/50 man squad on RBL make it completely unbalanced on EBG because it's not a 50/50 squad on GBL.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2