Condition damage ( wvw and pvp )

Sansar.1302

3 hours ago, zaswer.5246 said:

condi is very powerfull both in pve and in small scale fights, ma8nly because some condis burst a lot against players, burn confu, and torment, and because its impossible to cleanse forever, but in big scale fights condi is almost useless as there sre tons of cleanses in area, light fields etc, so it is in a difficult position to balance

Spot on, prefer a balance which condi is weak and not strong as now best would be ballanced but I can't se how it will be possible to do 

• Confused 4

Hadd a long long  figth now vs condi mesmer, lost and hadd no chance to win 

He did not eaven doge one maul only carried by this absude skill less condi canser.

yes i could have fleed but this is a pvp mode and dont think any build should be hard carried in this way .

• Confused 4

Been figthting a condi specter and a catalyst , did a test in full minstel with all cleanses i could take ( ofc where never gonna win with minstrel stats )  and the most i could sustain where about 10 sec if i did not flee to reset.

Condition damage is way to powerful I think

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

Been figthting a condi specter and a catalyst , did a test in full minstel with all cleanses i could take ( ofc where never gonna win with minstrel stats )  and the most i could sustain where about 10 sec if i did not flee to reset.

Condition damage is way to powerful I think

Spectres barely exist - you'll meet 10 full power stealth/teleport thieves for every condition thief - and the catalyst is 99.9% likely to use celestial and a combo sustain build instead of condi build.

3 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Cele cata has a lot of power dmg, unless you are running minstrels, perma prot, max dmg mitigation ofc, but then again, condis are supposed to counter dumb facetank builds like that. Still, dieing on minstrel/max cleanse is a l2p issue.

Where not expecting to win with minstrel gear as it where a test but with those stats and as many cleanses I possibly could take

Living only 10 sec where way less than expected, about 80% of the damage where conditions

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sansar.1302 said:

Where not expecting to win with minstrel gear as it where a test but with those stats and as many cleanses I possibly could take

Living only 10 sec where way less than expected, about 80% of the damage where conditions

Well, that's what happens when you let the burn stacks tick. 

In the meantime, I met a lightning rod tempest that could take almost 20,000hp (at 3000 armor) in the span of a single knockdown about an hour ago.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Well, that's what happens when you let the burn stacks tick. 

In the meantime, I met a lightning rod tempest that could take almost 20,000hp (at 3000 armor) in the span of a single knockdown about an hour ago.

Yes , but had no cleanses left so it where imposible to not let them tic 😞

• Confused 1

the best way to fight against pvp/roaming condis would bw giving more access to the buffs that decrease condi dmg, while on zerg fights condis can be used if your whole scuad uses them and you make sure to make a long battle to wear off the oponent, as for mesmers and thiefs a more reliable way to balance the invis would be making skills that make them visible a bit better, a bit more range, some more duration to the spotted status when your invis are cancelled by the skill, and maybe even making those skills have an extra effect, like self protect, resistance or some similar buff.

Basicaly a fight in skill, a thief would have to be carefull with the invis and how to aproach while you need to be carefull with the range to use the skill and make them visible and vulnerable, also it could help stop the invi stalling where they just hit, invi, run away, hit invi, run away and so on and so forth, if you have the posibility to use a skill to make them visible, gain some buff to retaliate and land a good cc or something you could win, it would be a matter of skill and not just going invi, apliing tons of dmg or condis and kill like nothing

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...